Year Three ( Part 2)

The Half-Breed

"Kim Taeyeon! You call this a essay?!" The herbology teacher scolded the exausted girl. "It's not my fault Jessica keeps draging me out on random and unconvinent adventures" Taeyeon defended herself. "What should I do what you two?!" the angry teacher spoke. Jessica just shrugged her shoulders. Honestly she's never been made för studying. 

Taeyeon slapped her roommate on the back of her head in annoyance. "You're not helping!" "I don't have the brains to help, what do you want me to do?!" Jessica retorted back aggrivated. "First you can stop with dragging your friends down into the dirt with you!" Jessica remained silent, she furrowed her eyebrows together in hurt, opening to speak only to close it seconds later. "Fine" she said before she stormed off to god knows where. Jessica sure knew how to be dramatic. Though Taeyeon wanted to say she didn't mean to sound so harsh, she wanted Jessica to understand that she was inflicting damage. Taeyeon wanted to run after her friend and tell her she lied, that she could be in the down in the dirt all Jessica wanted. But she couldn't. For her own sake she couldn't and for Jessica to open her eyes and look around for once, she didn't. 

For a whole week they didn't speak, until Jessica called Taeyeon to the astronomy tower one late night when everyone else had fallen asleep. 

"I'm sorry Taeyeon" Jessica said, she didn't look at the shorter woman though, instead her eyes was glued to the beautiful night view."I know" Taeyeon replied, smiling softly. It did work, Jessica did open her eyes.

"I won't drag any of you along with me anymore, don't worry. I'll let you guys rest, and study, and gawk at people you want to date" Jessica spoke with an emotion Taeyeon wasn't sure how to decode. Was it sadness or just the bright full moon that reflected the mood as such? The taller of the two drew a deep, exausted sigh before turning around. "I'll see you around" she said, patted Taeyeon's shoulder and headed straight to bed. Something about the whole ordeal made Taeyeon feel a little bit anxious.

 

***

 

They did see Jessica, in the classrooms and sleeping in her bed. Sometimes if they where lucky they could spot her eat in the great hall. But otherwise they didn't see much of her. 

Of course, she had a lot of training and homework to do from both sides of her studies. And as such she didn't get much time for other things. Every now and then Taeyeon could spot her roommate watching from the very back of the tower as the Slytherin team had quiddich practice or match. 

However she wouldn't help but notice how drained the girl began to look. 

Maybe Taeyeon had been the selfish one. 

 

***

 

Jessica had tried to make her sister come along instead, but she was too young. So there she was, deep in some probably forbidden and restricted cave. By herself. The only company she had was bats, and the echo of her breaths and footsteps as she walked further and further in. 

Damn she wished she had at the very least brought Soojung along. Not Soojung like in Krystal. But Soojung like in precious. Her lively cat, with cute with big bright eyes and short brown, white and cream colored furr. Soojung really liked Jessica, whenever she could she would sit or lay on Jessica or make the woman pat and the animal.

The sound of footsteps interrupted her train of thought.

"Jung Sooyeon?" A dark, monotone voice asked. 

"W-who are you?" Jessica asked back. There was no reply she saw a black clothed person with a red mask activate its standard hilted red lightsaber.

"I am a stranger" the dark clothed person spoke with a smirk. Jessica took out her lightsaber's to defend herself. But the dark figure laughed. Like Jessica imagined the joker would in her batman comics. 

"Fear not child, I am not here to hurt you" it's raspy voice spoke. Jessica squinted her eyes but didn't lower her weapon. "I am simply here to warn you I've seen the future, yours to be specific and one out of your 9 friends will betray you." 

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" Jessica quickly retorted. "You don't know until it happens, now that I warned you I must leave." The red lightsaber was deactivated and the figure walked away with a dramatic swing of it's cloak and then it was gone. Like a person could turn into thin air. Even in a magical world it seemed strange. 

Time to sleep for longer than 3 hours before she completely loses her mind, Jessica decided and carefully headed back to the castle to her bed which went unused for most of the time. 

 

***

 

"Jessica, what have you been up to? Why don't you eat or sleep, when will be go on adventures again? When will we start trainng again?" All Jessica's close friends bombarded her with questions when they meet her in the great hall that morning. 

Honestly, she was busy for a month and two and this is how she's welcomed back.

 "I've been doing what i always do, exploring the castle and its grounds. Practicing and studying." 

"But you did it without me!" Seohyun protested and Tiffany joined in. "On Taeyeon's demand, yes" Jessica defended herself. All the girls turned to look at the short girl. 

"The teacher didn't get of my " Taeyeon muttered shrugging her shoulders and making gestures with her arms.

"Ya!" Sooyoung yelled and slammed her palm into the table. 

"Calm down Soo" Tiffany said and held her friend back so she wouldn't leap onto the slytherin. 

"Sooyoung, it's chill, you can rest thy chest" Jessica said. With a dismissing wave of her hand. 

"This girl.... this girl!" Sooyoung pointed her finger furiously, unable to form words. 

"She just told me off, and I took a  brief breather. Let's not fight. If you really want to settle this then we can have a duel." Jessica said with a roll of her eyes. 

"As your childhood friend I'll duel this midget!" The Gryffindor declared.

"Woa, woa...." 

 

***

 

Taeyeon found herself wand to wand against the taller woman against her will. 

Sooyoung sweeped the floor with Taeyeon. Not that she would look any good even if she did win. 

Anyways, now that it was settled they returned to Jessica dragging people along on her adventures.