Year Four (Part 2)

The Half-Breed

Jessica and Seohyun had decided to have a little get away. Only the two of them. Their wands, sabers and lunch.

They settled somewhere far from the castle, probably in one of its restricted areas. Jessica found it strange how a school was allowed on such ground when almost everything around it was restricted. But Seohyun just shrugged her shoulders. "Only a few hundred students have died over the decades" she said. "Of course! only a few hundred students..." Jessica scoffed while unpacking their lunch. 

Seohyun laid down a blanked she brought along and laid down on it. "Ya! Don't take it all to yourself you jerk" Seohyun laughed and playfully threw the closest object aiming for the elder's face. 

Jessica didn't flinch, she stopped the saber only millimetres from her face using her force powers and Seohyun guessed Jessica could have stopped it long before but decided to be a drama queen. It had worked, for a second Seohyun had looked horrified. But she scoffed it off when she saw Jessica's trick. 

"I'm almost offended that you try to injure this gorjess face of mine~" Jessica winked and handed Seohyun's saber back.

"Tsskk, your entire body is all bruised and scarred but touch your face and it's a no no?" Seohyun chuckled. Her cheeks starting to heat up. "How do you know how my body looks?" Jessica faked surprise and gasped. "Either your not paying attention when we're doing it or you must have hit your head really hard this time" Seohyun grabbed hold of Jessica's wrists and drew the elder into her arms. "Tsk, when will you ever listen to me?" Seohyun said and nuzzled her face into Jessica's hair. 

 

***

 

"Who's that?"

"Oh, you haven't heard? She's just a filthy halfbreed. She thinks she is something and stuff ..."

 

Jessica tried really hard not to pay attention to those words. But she guessed her expression must have given her away because Seohyun's grip on her hand tightened and Jessica found herself being dragged away and pushed up against one of the castle's cold walls. 

"Jung Sooyeon, don't you dare listen to them. Don't you dare think for a second that you're any less worth just because..."

"Don't worry Seo, none taken. I'm stirred but not shaken. I'll be fine. Especially with you here with me" 

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows and frowned but Jessica leaned in and connected their lips, sealing her words and assuring the younger. 

 

***

 

Taeyeon sat down by Jessica and put the saber she was given by Jessica on the table between them. 

"I don't think I ever properly thanked you for this" 

Jessica tore her gaze from her book and raised a eyebrow at her same aged friend. 

"Oh, you don't have to" Jessica said when she noticed the saber hilt. Her eyes returning to her force studies. 

"Jessica let's talk" Taeyeon took her lightsaber and put it in her lap. "I mean for realz" 

Jessica snickered at her friend's choice of words. "Talk away buddy" she flipped the page of her book and folded the corner before she closed it. 

 "I... didn't think I get this far..." Taeyeon spoke, her hand reaching to scratch the back of her neck. Jessica broke out laughing. Surprised, Taeyeon blinked once, then twice to register the event.

"Don't get me wrong or anything, I just missed you" Taeyeon spoke earnestly. Jessica beemed a toothy smile. "You know, I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this now" Jessica said. Taeyeon  crooked her head to the side. "What now?" 

"I think I finally understand how to balance everything now" Jessica clarified. 

"Ah... I wasn't of much help was I?" Taeyeon chuckled and retrived the saber hilt from the table. 

"No, you where." Jessica assures. Her hand reaching to pat Taeyeon's shoulder before pointing her chin towards the house score counters. 

"We better keep our game up or we'll loose like in the Harry Potter books" Taeyeon burst out laughing at that. Of course. Of course Jessica had to make a lame joke like that.

 

***

 

"..wait... aren't you supposed to be dressed in light colors? Light brown, white and all that?" Tiffany furrows her eyebrows and frowns. 

"That's just fiction... Haven't you heard of the ku klux klan?" Taeyeon cuts in. 

Jessica nods. "She's right" 

"What's....klu kux khan?" Sooyoung asks. 

"White supremeists. American racists who's famous for being highly educated or atleast high up in society. They wear white ghost like robes with a strage pointy hat similar to the one we wear once a year except it covers their faces so they can be s and then go back to being lawyers, parents, cops and what not." Seohyun said. 

"Ohh, someone did their homework!" Sunny chirps. 

"So yeah.. The jedi order doesn't want to be associated with the KKK for short and thus changed the dress code after the rebellion." Jessica said with a roll of her eyes. 

"But anyways, don't you like my jedi clothes?" 

"You look more like a soldier than a jedi to me Jess" Tiffany says with a giggle. 

"They removed the long bathrobe looking thing because it got stuck in things and people liked playing around and being dramatic and stuff...So I'm thinking about using my Slytherin robe when I get cold during missions" 

"That must look funny" Hyoyeon adds. 

"I'm odd ayways, why not make it more obvious?" 

The group erupts into laughter.