We're friends right?

Into The Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The end of the day was here and it was time for Luhan to leave school with Kai, he hadn’t returned home yesterday and he was sure his mother would be glad to see him again.

“You ready to go back home now?” Kai asked.

“I sure am” Luhan replied as he stepped into the car.

The car journey went quicker than he remembered and he was glad to be home.

Once Kai had driven off Luhan headed towards the door and opened it.

“Hey you guys I’m home!” He called.

No response.

“Hey anyone here?”

No response.

Mum must be off at work.

“You little ”

Oh no, Luhan’s father was home and probably drunk again.

Unexpectedly his father jumps up from lying on the sofa and punches Luhan square in the face and knocking him to the floor with a loud thud.

“Scum is what you are! How dare you make me and your mother worry like this”

“I’m so sorry” Luhan cried trying to stand up before being kicked back down.

“All you’ve ever brought to this family is failure, you’re a burden and a waste of space and money.” His father yelled “You think you can just go out without telling us because you’re all ‘big’ and grown up now, you’re nothing , you’re useless and I can’t stand you anymore!”

Luhan was grabbed by the collar and quite literally thrown out the house.

“Stay out you little bastard until you learn to respect your family! You haven’t given me drinking money in weeks so you’re no use to me”

And that’s how Luhan found himself outside the door of none other than Oh Sehun’s house.

Luhan began knocking on the door but no answer; he dared try to open it.

He knocked again but still no response. Was Sehun mad at him?

He pushed on the worn down door and it slid open to his surprise and walked in, he didn’t really know where he was going but he followed his instinct and soon found himself back in the great hall with all the interesting chairs, he decided it was probably a good idea to sit down and see if anyone came in, there was twelve throne-like chairs to choose from but he was oddly drawn to one metal chair that looked like it was indented with the pattern of eyes and had many weird orbs and spoons attached to it.

 As he sat down the throne made a weird noise and began to light up making Luhan almost jump out of it, what was even weirder was the orbs that were around the chair were now floating he tried to poke one but it just moved away from his hand, he found it quite amusing to mess around with them, he had slowly learnt to make them come towards him just by commanding them with his mind, it was so weird.

“So it’s true you are one of them, you’re starting to learn your powers” a voice whispered from behind him startling him greatly, he turned around but no one was there. He presumed the voice came from the woman who first welcomed him into the house and was always seen hanging around in the house, presumably Sehun’s guardian.

Wait a second… This is Sehun’s house after all but where even was Sehun?

There was probably no problem with looking around the house trying to find him right?

It was literally like a maze inside here, this house was huge compared to his own broken home.

He found himself at a door which had writing inked onto it which read out ‘Sehun’s Room Keep Out!’

“How original” Luhan smirked to himself sarcastically.

Looks like I found him anyway, maybe I should knock?

Luhan knocked realising there really wasn’t anything to lose in trying to knock on the door.

“Sujin go away I don’t want to talk right now” Sehun yelled from the other side.

“Hey Sehun I’m sorry, it’s me Luhan” Luhan whispered shyly.

“Oh it’s you” Sehun replied as he opened the door to see the tired and beaten-up boy outside his door “Hey are you okay?”

Luhan shrugged “I’m fine don’t worry about it, I’m sorry I kinda broke into your house but I was wondering if I could stay the night?”

Sehun paused for a moment before answering “uhm sure, don’t see why you can’t just stay in your house but okay”

“Thanks” Luhan replied in gratitude “it’ll only be a night, sorry if I’m such a burden”

“It’s fine” Sehun responded “I’m just glad you’re not ignoring me anymore”

“Yeah I’m sorry about that” Luhan apologised.

“Don’t worry about it, something was obviously bothering you earlier” Sehun hesitated “we’re friends right so we forgive each other?”

Tears came to Luhan’s eyes “I’d love to be your friend thanks so much Sehun”

“Aah why are you crying I thought that was meant to make you happy” Sehun complained.

“Oh Sehun, you don’t know anything about people do you? I’m crying of happiness silly!” Luhan laughed as he flicked Sehun in the forehead playfully.

“Friends, I like the sound of that” Sehun smiled, “You want dinner now, I’m presuming you haven’t eaten yet?”

Wow I’ve never seen this side of Sehun before, he was so cold before but suddenly he’s acting so nice, I like this side of him.

“I sure would!” Luhan replied happily.

“Looks like the happy Luhan I know is back” the chestnut haired boy smiled as he directed Luhan into the kitchen “I got a bubble tea machine if you want some?”

“I’m good thanks, just some nice coffee is great” Luhan answered as he looked around the large kitchen it really was huge.

“I hope sandwiches are okay, I don’t really know how to cook” Sehun said as he cut up the bread and put the fillings in it, lettuce and ham yummy.

Once Sehun had prepared dinner, the two boys sat down at the table and munched down on their food and sipped their bubble tea and coffee.

“This is delicious thanks Sehun” Luhan thanked his new friend as he whipped a crumb from his lip.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter