6th Track: A Blames & Burdens Combo

Of Lies & Apologies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6th Track: A Blames & Burdens Combo

I walked towards the office dejectedly, timidly knocking against the door.

“Excuse me,” I greeted.

As I entered the office, I noticed Dara in the far corner, photo copying sheets of paper, Kwon Jiyong was getting scolded by Miss Ha.

“Forget it if you don’t turn up for normal school days, but you should at least take the exams. Do you ever listen to what I say?” I heard Miss Ha lecturing Kwon a few tables away.

“I got an anonymous letter saying that you did it.”

I turned my attention back to Mr Woo who crossed his arms as he spoke gently.

“Did you know, I remained unmarried for so many years, devoting myself to you, eh, no- the school, and this is how you repay me?! Can’t you give me face and at least put in this bit of effort?” Miss Ha’s lecture continued.

“Never mind, Teacher didn’t believe that. I only believe what comes out of a students’ mouth. So, tell me the truth and this will no longer be your business.” Mr Woo smiled.

“But, let me tell you this – if I find out you’re lying to me later on, I will have no choice but to give you a demerit!” He pointed out.

“Actually-” I was cut off by Kwon.

“I know who wrote it,” he spoke confidently as he strolled towards us, leaving Miss Ha gasping and shouting at him to return back to her desk.

Kwon gave me a side glance before smirking, “It’s me who wrote it.”

Mr Woo let out a gasp before slamming his hand onto his table, “Kwon Jiyong! I knew it was you!”

I let out a surprised “Ah?” as Jiyong grinned mischievously.

But, little did I knew that Dara who wasn’t too far away had a shocked and dejected look before breathing in deeply, focused intently on us.

“Miss Lee? You can return now.” Mr Woo ordered.

“Ah, y-yes.”

I exited the office, turning back, I saw Mr Woo yelling at Kwon, who was chuckling lightly, as if amused by the entire situation.

“Kwon! How I hoped it wasn’t you again, and yet!”

“Wait, Mr Woo, let me finish. Kwon Jiyong, how can you leave in the middle of our talk? Can you at least show me some respect.” Miss Ha interrupted.

“Miss Ha, let me punish him first.”

“Mr Woo, I haven’t finished yet.”

“Hey, this isn’t some competition, Miss Ha.”

“No, I was in the middle of scolding him but he walked off.”

As the two teacher squabbled with each other, he watched me exit with an amused smirk before he turned back to the teachers.

“Alright. One at a time. Don’t rush, I’m not going anywhere.” He broke up their squabble.

“You first.” He pointed at Mr Woo.

“Ok! Kwon Jiyong, why do you think Hyunhae High still took you in despite your numerous bad records? That was because you were in the English Honors Class! You even represented your previous school to take part in the Olympiad Competition! What on earth had happened to you?” I overheard Mr Woo scolding Kwon.

Kwon didn’t reply, merely lifting his head and letting out a childish grin as the lecture continued.

`

We met in the school bookshop soon after, merely separated by the single row of bookshelves that was placed between us as we walked alongside each other, “Thank you.”

“You really didn’t have to take the blame for me.” I spoke.

“That’s what friends are for, right? It doesn’t harm me in anyways either.” He grinned.

“But then, again, speaking of this chain letters. You had to send out 5, you sent one to me, one to ‘Stupid Woo’, and Seungri confiscated 2 from your desk, where did the other one go?” He grasped hold of hand.

“Ah,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter