The 1st Track: At The Start

Of Lies & Apologies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 1st Track: At The Start

The school bell rang; signalling it was time for our lunch break and the once empty hallways, became flooded by students pushing and shoving each other, wanting to secure the front spot of the queue.

Our hardest decision that we had to make daily was what to eat for lunch: Kimchi Jjigae or Doenjang Jjigae.

“Can you hurry up?”

“Is it that difficult to choose?”

“Oh my gosh, I’m starving…”

The voices of the students queueing behind me echoed throughout the cafeteria.

`

The biggest lie we had ever told was on the days of exams or tests and we’d say…

“I didn’t study for it…”

“Neither did I.”

“English Language? I thought we were tested for Mathematics!”

Lies flittered through the classrooms as students denied having studied for the tests when they had indeed burned the midnight oil the previous nights.

`

The most luxurious thing to do was to go shopping at the school’s bookstore. Back then, that was our departmental store.

“Hey, look at this eyeshadow palette, nice right?”

“Eh! It’s 40 000won, can you afford it?”

“Huh, really?! Put it back, put it back.”

`

Back then, our biggest dreams was to, hopefully one day, we’d be able to meet our idols but as students, our hands were tied; not enough cash, nor time…the only thing we had was our unlimited energy.

This is Bom, she’s a r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter