Chapter 9

You're The Reason Why I'm Still Alive

“W-what?” You know your hair is curled, you wear some make-ups and you’re wearing heels. Comparing to Dongwoo, you’re taking it a little bit too far. He’s wearing a plaid dress shirt, jeans and sneakers while you’re wearing a black short dress and heels. The only thing which not standing out is your black coat.

He tries to take his eyes away from you, his cheeks flushed a little, he looks like he’s about to say something. He swallowed, “You look different.” That’s the only sentence that came out from his mouth. You bite your lips, “There’s a lot of time for me and…It’s been a long time I’m not wearing this stuffs.” 

He’s still standing there, “Well…You look good on it.” A wide smile comes out as usual.

Dongwoo, a wide smile and his laugh are something that can’t be separated.

“How long are we going to stand here?”

He blinks, “Oh, I’m sorry” He starts to walk, you follow up as well.

On the way there, neither of you talk. When you’re about to tell about what happened, he asks you for telling it later. It’s cold around your house, there’s only small amount of lights, sort of hard to see people around you. You walk faster, you start looking at Dongwoo’s body from the back. Well-built.

The atmosphere changes, building with neon lights on it is everywhere, a lot of people pass by you and Dongwoo.

He stops in front of a small club, It doesn’t look suspicious. He turns to you, “Drinks in this club is better than that bar you usually visit.” You keep examining the neon lights near that building’s door, and your eyes turn into some of the drinks menu displayed there.

He suddenly snatches your hand, you look at him questioning.

"Just...stay with me. Don't ask me why."

The door is gently opened by Dongwoo,

A lot pair of eyes are staring at both of you, It might be a small club but it has a futuric theme inside it. The bar is decorated with fuschia and blue lava lamp with light blue stools around it. While there's a lot of blue sofas and black tables apart from the bar.

Men with girls or at least a girl around him, You find that kind of sight in almost every part of this club. Now you understand why Dongwoo holds your hand tightly. Even though, you are almost the same as kids who're with their mom on a crowded grocery store.

Dongwoo is simply protecting you.

Well, That's what a man should do.

He takes you to a seat on the corner, "You've seen that?"

"What?" You think for a while, "Oh! Yes.."

He let go your hand, "Can I be honest? Your hands are sort of chubby and warm, I like holding it, better than stuffed animals. Can I cut off your hand and bring it home or I can take owner home, too?" He smiles teasingly. You're just sitting there, stammered, "I'm just joking about cutting your hands off and taking you home!" He pats your back and that smile is still on his lips.

"Don't go anywhere, I'm going to order drinks and If there's a man who's not an employee here, ignore them. or just scream "I HAVE A BOYFRIEND! GO AWAY!", It's the first time you hear him talking with a high-pitched voice, "okay? If he asks where is your boyfriend, just point at me!"

You try to hold your laugh, Dongwoo glares at you, "Okay, I might sound protective like an oppa, or whatever. But come on, I don't want to see you with those kind of guys and it's for your own good." He pouts, "Okay?" You nod to make him sure.

A box of cigarettes in your bag finally landed on the table right in front of you, You take one out and lit it up. You stare around,

You won't be brave enough to visit this club alone.

Dongwoo's finally back with two glass of drinks, you keep staring at a blue water with something orange on it. It looks pretty, You take a look at Dongwoo's drink. It's the same, He's drinking it greedily. That drink looks instantly delicious when you see him enjoying it so much, He puts down his glass, "Try it, It's extremely..."

You cut him off, “You went here a lot?”

That question haunts you.

“Yes,” First he says it casually, few seconds after that his mouth hangs open, “N-no, I’m not a part of them.” He laughs awkwardly, “I’m harmless.”

“What happen?” Dongwoo asks, at last.

You take your cigarette away from your mouth, You opened your mouth. You turn your head to see around, You spot Hoya. You see him with two girls beside him. You never imagine you’ll see something like what you see now before.

Dongwoo turns his head, He looks at you and turn his head again.

You throw your cigarette onto the floor.

You rise and walk toward that guy.