CHAPTER 8

Still the same

“Hyung, over here!” some loud voiced boy with a geek glass about to fall on his dangerously big nosed call him. Taekwoon searching for the voice when he see Jaehwan waving to him to call him over.

“What is it? What about the sudden project you told me?” he said while pulling over a chair in front of Jaehwan before making himself comfortable at his seat. He saw the glass half-filled with Americano in front of Jaehwan and immediately he reach it to quench his thirst.

“Ahhh, that’s my coffee hyung…” Jaehwan reach out his hand as sort to defense his coffee from being slurp down by the coffee monster. “Because it’s yours, I drink it…if this is anyone else, I wouldn’t drink it” Taekwoon shrug while continue gulp down the cold coffee that taste heavenly in his throat.

“Anyway, I just got informed by our classmates saying that they got sudden message from that wreck professor telling us to do some project. Out of sudden. Really! I really don’t like that professor! How?! And guess what hyung? He told us to admit within this two week…Seriously, I’m so done with him, I have many plan for this weekend, now, all of them was thrown out to the window and there they goes fly with the wind, and you know what hyung…I already stacked up the manga that I just bought two days ago with hope that I will finish read it by this weekend. That too…goes with the wind…” and his rambling goes on and on.

Taekwoon cross his arms while Jaehwan keep nagging nonstop. Sometimes he wonder, if there is any probability of some random market ahjumma trapped in the body of this pity Jaehwan and engulf the innocent soul of Jaehwan. ‘How come he talk so much for a boy at this young age, and that sick ahjumma tone too…where did he learn that?’

“Cut it off, just work this out Jaehwan-ah…wait…why I have to do this with you?” Taekwoon narrow his eyes.

“Hehe…because I love you so much, I marked you first as my partner, Taekwoon hyung-nim.” He grin widely with his famous hand heart and Taekwoon roll his eyes from Jaehwan.

“You need to thanks me instead hyung! At least I save you from that lazy Seunghwan… He want to work with you at first and just like a moment of destiny I save you by saying that you want to work with me. With your personality, he might let you do the work alone and he would get all the credit without doing anything. You might don’t know him since you are new here, but he always been cheeky about group project and since you are new student, you are an easy target to him. ” Jaehwan chin up slightly as like to be compliment by Taekwoon for his errr ‘heroic’ act (?)

Taekwoon smile slightly at Jaehwan antic, surely at first he feel intimidated by his too extrovert personality but as time goes, he feel comfortable with Jaehwan. While his other classmate would take an advantage of him because of his reserved personality, Jaehwan would be by his side to help him and he would scold them in that annoying ahjumma tone and he is the first one to approach Taekwoon. At first, Taekwoon would ignored him when he remember the treatment he received back when he at abroad and that’s enough to make him become all weary to all the person he met and that’s including Hakyeon. But when he realized that Hakyeon now was same to the old Hakyeon, at that moment he know that he had make a grave mistake by comparing his little precious lifelong friend to the people he met at abroad and now he intent to pay for his mistake. How on earth could he compared Hakyeon to other person when he know that only Hakyeon know him better than his own self.

 

One week goes by just like that with Hakyeon missing the figure that always standing at the doorframe of his dance studio that willing to wait for him until he finished only to ask him to walk back home together. They both were so busy, Taekwoon was deep buried with his paperwork for his project and Hakyeon was busy practicing over and over for his competition on the weekend. He know that he should be professional but at some time, once or twice, Ravi will caught him getting wrong moves when he is getting too driven in his own feeling. He know that he should not feel that way, especially when he know that Taekwoon and him has no whatsoever relationship other than as a good friend for each other. But still, he can’t help the suffocating missing over Taekwoon and that’s when he decide to text Taekwoon.

‘Taekwoonie~ I have a dance competition this weekend. Won’t you come and give me your full support? Pretty please…emm ^3^’

A few minutes later, he getting a reply from Taekwoon but not the one he like to receive and he sigh heavily at that earning a questioning glance from Ravi. They was taking a break from their practice when Ravi think that Hakyeon was not on his full focus mode and decided to take a break to give Hakyeon a chance to clear up whatever has been getting in his mind.

‘I’m busy Hakyeon, you know that…’

“Why are sighing like that hyung?”

“Haaa…Taekwoonie don’t want to come, he says that he was busy…” Hakyeon was faking a sob when he tell that to Ravi. Ravi just smirking while shaking his head over his hyung antic. He doesn’t know what kind of relationship they have, but he was not a fool. From the death glare he receive from Taekwoon when he was dancing with Hakyeon and add on with Hakyeon too distracted with the dance practice when Taekwoon stop giving him a visit, he know that they are on that ‘some’ relationship. He just hope that he can tell them to stop being so dense over each other because the tension between them is too much but, surely he was not in that place to do that.

‘It’s okay then…’ he was about to hit the send button when another message from Taekwoon pop up.

‘…but, I will try to make some time for it’ and that’s it! It’s enough to send Hakyeon over the moon. Hakyeon grinned too much until his mouth feel hurts and he suddenly feel an outburst of energy to continue with his practice.

 

Taekwoon lean back on his chair when Hakyeon send him a message or practically an invitation to his dance competition. He reply by saying that he was too busy to catch up with him. Blame it on his tiredness, he might hurt Hakyeon feelings unintentionally of course with his reply. It just takes him a mere seconds to write a new message with guilt hanging heavily on his heart and he settle up by giving a slight ray of hope to Hakyeon but to him, it was a definite thing that he will do.

‘…but, I will try to make some time for it’

‘Really?! I really hope that you will spare some time for me Taekwoon-ah. It’s been a long time since I met you, I miss you so much, chingu-yah!’

Taekwoon smirk from the message Hakyeon give him and he bite his bottom lip as he feel his cheek was starting to form a tint of blush. Scrolling up his phone, he search the familiar name in his contact to dial up and just a few seconds the other side was connected.

“Yah, Lee Jaehwan, let’s meet right now, we need to finish up the project ASAP”

“Ayyyy, hyung! We just finished our meeting 2 hours ago, and now, you want to continue it again? You are the one said that you are too old to continue on with this crap… I’m so tired hyunggg~” Jaehwan whine in the phone.

“When was the time I say that I was too old, Lee Jaehwan, I just said that I was so tired at that time.” Taekwoon said with a slight annoy tone in his talk.

“You are tired because you are too old hyung, that is the logic of it, where did you get this kind of motivation hyung? I’m so tired right now hyung, my head was about to explode into thousand pieces…” Taekwoon silent for a second taking a consideration of Jaehwan state.

“Then, what about 3 hours later? I really need to finish this fast, and don’t you want to spend your weekend with your manga?” Taekwoon was negotiating with Jaehwan using his friend utmost motivation.

“Eiii, this hyung…did you have to go to this far by coating sugar on your words…alright alright…then I meet you 3 hours later.”

“Really?...Thanks Jaehwan-ah” Taekwoon was smiling widely.

“I need to catch up my sleep…then meet you later, bye” Jaehwan was yawning when he was about to hang up.

Taekwoon was grinning nonstop when suddenly he realize he need to get a rest too if he need to meet Hakyeon, finish his project work fast.

 


A/N: Hey guys, anoher update... so yeah...huraayyy! I was having a hard time with this story since I haven't decided how to end this story. Too many idea, but all of it was crap -.- Thanks a lot to all my pretty subscribers and those comment, I keep smiling when reading those comment...thank you so much!

Anyone willing to hear my heartfelt concern? Nahh...if you don't want, you can just leave this page, no offense here and no force here... I just want to let out everything.

Lately, I don't know if it's getting to me only, but I feel that there are not enough NEO feels these day. I miss NEO moment so much...uhuk TT_TT and these day, WONATEK ship is really going strong, it's not I'm against this ship instead I was glad that Taekwoon have open up to anyone else other than Hakyeon. It's so good to see that, but I can't help to miss NEO moment, it's just getting to me these day and tbh NEO is life actually.... I need my NEO feels ;-;

That's it, thank you for giving me space to let out my concern, till next time. Have a great day everyone!