CHAPTER 2

Still the same

A day feel like a month for Hakyeon to wait for the comeback of his loving best friend. It is enough for his heart to explode while waiting for Taekwoon and as a result his mother has to listen to his clingy anticipation for every day.’ If only he is not my son, I swear I would put him on a deserted island.’

 An agony of waiting, finally it’s the day of Taekwoon back to his homeland. “What time would they arrive?” Hakyeon ask his mother with puppy eyes as he follow his mother to the market. He have been told that Taekwoon family would dine in his house as to celebrate the comeback of Jung family back to Korea. Well, that is not a surprise as their parents was very close with each other and Taekwoon parents decide to barge in their old friend house as soon as they arrive at Korea. Hearing that, Hakyeon has decided to put off his plan of surprise appearance at the airport.” I don’t know…maybe around 8 p.m….ahjumma, how much the pear?” his mother answered while holding up one pear in hand asking the price of it to the store ahujmma. “One for 2000 won only.”

 Hakyeon can’t hide his excited on as he keep grinning like a creepy man thinking about what’s gonna happen tonight, while his mother finally made show of her skill of bargaining and she got free one pear after 5 minutes of soft talk with the store owner. He have made a note in mind to give a smack on Taekwoon forehead soon as they meet as the punishment for not keep in contact with him and maybe alongside of a squishy and deadly tight hug.

After placing the bag on the kitchen counter, he help his mom cut the vegetables for the japchae. They decided to just keep full Korean cuisine for dinner to the Jung family as they might miss Korean food after have been long staying abroad. The spicy seafood stew that has been specialty of his mom also have been ready on the stove by 7.30 p.m. There are also some side dishes and a few kind of kimchi on the table that have been plated nicely by Hakyeon. He just smiling looking at the dishes knowing that Taekwoon would just enjoy it as eat has been his friend hobby when they were kids. He still remember when those lunch times, he always ended up gave a quarter of his portion to Taekwoon due to the big appetite of his friend.

The arrival of his father’s car bring means that the Jung family also with him as his father pick them up from the airport.”Hakyeon-ah, Taekwoon family is here!” his father calling him in the room. He felt his heart stop for a moment because the feel of excited is too much for him to handle. But, soon he was gathering courage of his leg to meet Taekwoon, and when he walk out to the living room, there is a standing tall man with his father that hella fine with dark brown hair slightly covered his forehead. There, the man got a broad shoulders and a model like body that make Hakyeon’s heart skip a beat when he take a look of that man as he realize that was his long lost friend that have turned out to a gorgeous man and breathtaking (well at least for Hakyeon). As expected, the full cheek that he used to poke was still there alongside with the almond eyes that have been grow quite intense from what he have remembered that he will get lost in that eyes if he keep staring at it and then there is the full plump pink lips that always smile to him when they were kids. Surely enough, the man really have a well-built body when he look at the other man thigh and that only bring heat in his face when he realize he have been staring more than he should.

“What are you doing? Aren’t you going to give a deadly hug you have been fussing about lately to Taekwoon?” his mother break the silence and eventually Hakyeon stop staring at Taekwoon and turned around to look at his mother to shot her ‘oh my,that’s a secret’ look. He then found Taekwoon slightly uncomfortable with his mother blurted word and maybe because of his full scanning of Taekwoon body just now. “Annyeonghaseyo eomonim. It’s been a long time.” That was the first words Taekwoon voice out, and Hakyeon find himself weirdly allured to the soft voice of Taekwoon as it was the perfect melody to his ear. “Right, Taekwoon-ah, come inside and let’s eat together, you must have been hungry right? I have made a lot of food for you.” Taekwoon just nodded at that and followed Hakyeon mother to the dining area leaving Hakyeon behind.

For a middle aged man and woman that have not meet for years, their parents sure have a lot to talk about to catch up on those 8 years that they miss and definitely it was not quite a peaceful dinner as the combination of two women of the family talking is rather unbearable for the men. After 1 hour of eating and talking, their parents go to the living room to drink some tea and snacking on some fruits that Hakyeon mother bought at the market.

 “Are you not cold?” Hakyeon approach Taekwoon for the first time when he caught Taekwoon at the garden of his house sitting on the wood bench. Taekwoon just staring at him while keeping his stoic face and slightly shake his head.

 “It’s been long time, Taekwoon-ie” Hakyoen managed to say to Taekwoon with a warmth smile on his face and find his place beside Taekwoon. Hakyeon found that Taekwoon was quite startled with the nickname that he always call for his friend long time ago. “Right…quite a long time huh?” Taekwoon answer with a sigh at the back.

Hakyeon find that it’s extremely too much for him to handle as the other man say it with such soft voice and a small curl on his lips. Without his knowing, he already put his arms around Taekwoon neck and hug the other man tightly because at sudden he feel his longing for his friend was unbearable for him. “….Ha-Hakyeon-ah, w-what are you doing?” Taekwoon stuttered when Hakyeon hug him impossibly tight than before. Just like a woman on mood swing, Hakyeon released him and right away slapping his arm repetitively and causing Taekwoon leaving in confuse and yell in pain. ”Ouch!” “That’s for not keep in contact with me!” Hakyeon furrow his eyes.” How could you do that… you know how much I worried for you, how will he adapted on stranger place, does the food suit his taste, does he even can make friend?” Hakyeon managed to say between his small sobs and his slapping become weaker as he keep continue to say.”….every day I keep asking myself and how can you not even contact me for once….?” Taekwoon just look at Hakyeon that now facing his face downward.

“Sorry….I just can’t find time to contact you as I was busy adapting my life there and as time goes on, I forgot about you.” Hakyeon feel everything now has become heavy for him even for breathing after he heard the last words of Taekwoon. He felt so stupid after he let out his heartfelt worried for Taekwoon as the other just seem to suit himself more than he expected. “…….r-rr-really?” Hakyeon stuttered. “Ha ha, then I’m worrying for nothing….isn’t it, but it such a fortunate that you are living well all this time...” Hakyeon awkwardly laugh and looked around except for Taekwoon face. “L-let’s go in, your parents must be waiting…” Taekwoon just look at Hakyeon walking sadly to the inside.