CHAPTER 1

Still the same

“WHAT?! Taekwoon is going to come here!” Hakyeon exclaimed in shock with wide eyes and mouth gaping a little (yeah maybe not little as his mother told him to shut it). As it is not enough to waver his thumping heart, his mother told him that Taekwoon family is going to settle in Korea ever after as Taekwoon father has decided to build his own law firm around Seoul area."When are they going to come?" Hakyeon asked with wavering voice as he cannot hide the facts that he was very nervous upon the idea of meeting his long lost best friend. "This weekend" his mother just simply answered while paced around kitchen to make dinner.

Hakyeon has literally blank face for a few minutes as his mind wandered back to its childhood time that filled with memory of little Taekwoon. They have been friends since they were little as their parents are very close with each other. Their parents have been friends since they were in college time making their kids also close with each other unconsciously as they spend time together from kindergarten until they were being separated when they were 12 years old. Many have been wondered how they have been close friends as their personality is very opposite from each other. Unlike Hakyeon bubbly and friendly personality, Taekwoon was very preserved and only talk when he needed to do so. Well, at least that what was it looks to other people, but only to Hakyeon, Taekwoon would talk much and even hanging out, eating lunch with Hakyeon only. Not that Hakyeon mind for once, as the older seems to find comfort within Taekwoon. When he knew that Taekwoon was going to move abroad, he cry whole heartedly and even refused to talk to Taekwoon for a few days to show his tantrum toward Taekwoon and he left with puffy eyes when he saw Taekwoon departed from the airport.

“Hakyeon…” “HAKYEON-AH!” his mind wander back to present times when he heard his mother shout and look up only to find his mother annoyed look.”…Did you call me omma?” his mother just slightly shake her head. “I’ve called you for about 13th time….did you still think about Taekwoon?” “I’m sorry omma, what did you need from me?” ”I’m running out of soy sauce, your father is going to back in no time, can you buy it for me?” Hakyeon just nodded his head and taking the bills from his mother hand. On his way to the nearest store, Hakyeon mind keep thinking with the facts that his best friends is finally going back after 8 years long with no news at all. He did not know whether he should feel giddy up about it or angry because he left with no updates from his friend. He left his mind thinking about it when he finally arrived at the store. Searching through the store for the soy sauce, he found it on the middle shelve and soon enough he goes to the counter to pay for it.

“Its 3000 won” he pay the exact amount of it and left the store without forgetting to say thanks to the store owner. Growing up in pretty decent family, he never forget to be polite with other people. On his way back home, he keep mumbling to himself which successfully gain people attention to him. The sudden angry feel run up in his blood as he remember the fact that Taekwoon actually have ignored him for 8 years long like seriously. “How dare that snotty little kid leave me with no news of him at all for 8 years long? For God sake 8 YEARS! WITHOUT KEEP AN UPDATE WITH ME!! Ughh that ungrateful kid with chipmunk cheeks. I wonder if those cheek is still there or has it gone flatten. Those almond eyes must have gone pretty intense too. How tall does he grow for these 8 years? That kid has always growing tall with Bolt speed. Does he still have those soft voice?” Hakyeon keep talking to himself without noticing people around him blurted out saying that he was crazy. Soon enough, the angry that he felt was replaced by the anticipation of waiting Taekwoon come back as he thought that they will catch up their life which they miss for 8 years. He already have many plan ahead of dragging Taekwoon along to the place that they have been carving memories when they were kids and the imagination of them having throwback has already make him giggling hard. Once again he managed to gain people attention to him.

“Here your soy sauce omma!” His mother just look at him with weird and slightly worried face as she was sure that his son was leaving the house with a blank and sad face and now what she was looking was a wide grin on his son face.”Hakyeon, why you keep smiling like a creepy man? Have you been hit by a fallen angel on your way back home?” Hakyeon just chuckled at that. ”Nothing” was Hakyeon simple answer and it does not soothes his mother worry. He decided to change his clothes before helping his mother to set up the table for dinner.” I’m not yet have been hit by an angel, but maybe soon enough, around weekend?” he managed to say toward his mother in the kitchen. ‘A fluffy cutie angel’ he mumbled to himself on his way to climb up the stairs.