Tears of a Human

The Darkest night

   Hongbin felt a burning pain at his neck, and weakly lifted his hands to free himself from it's agony. His fingers touched cold silver, only prompting to cause the skin to blister, and the sickening smell of burned flesh invaded his nose. Grimacing, Hongbin opened his eyes, only to see Ravi standing over him, a pair of heavy duty looking cutters in his grip. Taekwoon was nowhere to be seen.

   Suddenly, the burning sensation was gone as the sound of the chains hitting the floor was heard, but Hongbin didn't react. He just curled himself into a ball as he thought of what he had just done. No, I can't have killed him. He thought, and desperately searched for the burning connection he always felt whenever he was away from Hyuk. To his horror, the flame seemed to have burned out, and Hongbin was left with a cold, empty feeling. He turned his head to find Taekwoon, only for his eyes to land on the still figure laying next to the toilet in the bathroom stall, his cousin hovering worried over him.

   "H...hyuk!" Hongbin gasped out, as he began pulling himself over to the pale body. Reaching out, he was met with cold skin unlike the normal comforting warmth that his mate always seemed to emenate. Crying out, Hongbin drew closer to the limp boy's body, drawing it into his embrace, and he rocked, mourning the loss of his lover. Suddenly, he was knocked away from the body as Taekwoon slapped him across the face. Teary eyed, he looked up, meeting his cousin's angry stare.

   "Hongbin, this is all because of you" he hissed, eyes flashing gold as his fists clenched. He may not have known the boy well, but he had become fond of him in the days he had known him. Grabbing the front of his cousin's shirt, he hoisted the heart broken boy into the air, his limbs swinging without feeling.

   "Taekwoon hyung, please. Just stop." Hongbin murmered, and Taekwoon noticed a crystal clear tear drip down the side of his face, and his eyes widened in amazement. Human tears?! In excitement, Taekwoon grasped Hongbin closer, now drawing him into a hug.

   "Hongbin, you aren't crying blood!" He exclaimed, and Hongbin's eyes widened in amazement as he wiped the tears, coming away with clear liquid sparkling in the faint light.

   "Taekwoon hyung, you're right" He wispered, amazed. Then he grit his teeth, and looked to his cousin. "I can save him, can't I?" Hongbin asked, his claws already forming as he lowered his left hand to his right wrist. Quickly, Taekwoon grabbed his approaching hand.

   "Would he have wanted this?" Taekwoon asked, nervously gripping the younger's wrist in fear for his life. All he recieved was a smile so pure from the dimpled boy, that he almost believed he hadn't been cursed as a creature from hell. Nodding slowly, Taekwoon released his wrist, and watched on as Hongbin slashed deep marks, and a glowing liquid instead of blood poured from his veins, gently dripping into the still boy's mouth.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Author's note:

Sorry for the short update, I have limited time today for updating. Thanks for reading!!! Ps, sorry if there are major typos.