Constellations

The Darkest night

 (Back before Hyuk met Hongbin)

   Hakyeon was walking through the darkness of the open air, inhaling the calming scent of the grass surrounding his school campus. Sighing in frustration, he found a nice grassy spot to look up at the sky with it's beautiful night's stars speckling and twinkling against the soft black thay was the universe as it stretched out past the Earth. Leaning back, and cushioning his head with his hands, Hakyeon sighed again, thinking about the stress thay his day usually brought him.

   First of all, he was failing one of his classes. He had always managed to pass the history class at his school before, but college was totally different. The class was way harder and it seemed as if the teacher didn't care if her students sunk of sailed. Unfortunately, Hakyeon was one of the quickly sinking ships that desperately needed help, but had no idea where to get it. Closing his eyes, he continued thinking, and the slightest tear escaped the corner of his eye.

   Hakyeon had been born naturally slightly darker than most Koreans, but had grown up the same with much love and support. It was just when it came to school that really tore down on his spirit. Other people in his classes, no matter what gender or age had always made fun of his tanned caramel skin, but it never really bothered him until now. That factor, plus the fact that he was out of the closet really gave people an excuse to harp on his self confidence, and it was starting to wear on him. Gently, he rubbed his eyes, ridding them of the unshed tears, he would be strong. He always had been, he always would.

   Hakyeon opened his eyes then, entranced as he tried tracing the stars, connecting them into constellations. Delicately, he raised a hand and with his finger and one eye closed, he traced the stars, finding the Big and Little Dipper as well as Orion's Belt. Looking closer, he tried to find pegasus, but his trials were immediatly stopped as he saw a brilliant flash of red and orange quickly burn through the sky, causing him to gasp at its beauty. Quickly, he realized what it was, and made a wish. I wish for someone to finally accept me. Opening his eyes again, he felt a strange feeling, like someone was watching him

  He turned, looking right and left, and eventually to the woods behind him. He heard rustling, but then that suddenly stopped. Suddenly, a pale figure walked from the foliage, and slowly made their way almost as if dancing their way towards him. Entranced by its beauty, Hakyeon stood, and began to copy it's beautiful movements, slowly gliding his way closer. As he approached the figure, his heart started racing. It was a male. A rather attractive one at that, at least from what he could tell.

   The boy dancing with him, approaching slowly was quite stunning, and shared similarities with a cat, so on the spot, Hakyeon decided to call him Leo, as he had found the constellation in the sky just moments before. The figure stared at him with wide, glowing amber eyes, and a small smile made its way across his lips as he drew closer to Hakyeon. Shivering in anticipation, Hakyeon also moved closer, inhaling the boy's scent of the forest, as if he had been in there his whole life. Looking at the boy's face closer, Hakyeon discovered that black and golden tattoos marked the sides of the boy's face, at his temples, but they only added to his beauty, accenting his eyes and how they fit into his face.

   The boy suddenly danced away, beckoning for Hakyeon to follow, which he was going to, but suddenly stopped. What if he was going to die from this? What if it was a trick? Shaking his head, Hakyeon figured he didn't really have much to live for anymore anyway, so he followed the glowing figure who proved to be taller than him into the forest, ducking past low hanging branches, and long vines that hung down. Eventually, they reached another clearing.

   Hakyeon gasped at the sight before him. It was a beautiful lake, whose surface looked like liquid silver from the pure moonlight shining onto it. As he looked closer, Hakyeon discovered that he could see the constellations reflected upon the water's perfectly still surface, and he inched foreward mesmerized. Suddenly, he remembered about the boy, and turned to find him, only to see he wasn't standing where Hakyeon saw him last. Looking wildly around, Hakyeon searched for his new friend, only to discover that he was nowhere to be found. As he searched, Hakyeon came upon an onyx rose, that glowed with a deep blue sort of light with a note attatched.

    Would you take the risk? Confused, Hakyeon flipped it over, looking to see if he could find anything on who the letter was from, but he hoped that it was from that beautiful boy. Thinking about it, Hakyeon once again believed that he had nothing to really live for, so with a clear strong voice he said, "yes. I am willing to take any risk, please just tell me who you are!" He became more desperate at the thought of never finding the boy again. Suddenly, a soft red light emenating from the rose, and Hakyeon watched in amazement as it turned a brilliant firey red, and had accents of Gold surrounding each petal. Totally entranced, he never noticed that the boy came back until Hakyeon was completely in his warm embrace.

   Surprised, Hakyeon looked up to meet the amber eyes and watched them flash a piercing gold. Rather than feeling fear, Hakyeon just felt exhilaration at the thought of a new adventure, and then he gasped at the sharp pain of something on his neck, but it was soon replaced by a peaceful, woozy feeling and he collapsed to the ground, once again meeting the sorrowful, but excited eyes of the pale boy as he lost conciousness.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

   Hakyeon awoke in a soft beam of sunlight, and stretched. What had happened the night before that made him so tired? Hakyeon rubbed at his eyes and looked at his alarm clock, and screamed. It read 10:17 and he was late for class. Yelping, he scrambled out of the bed, only to be stopped when he saw a large package on his desk and a note attatched. 

 Hey Hakyeon, I saw that you came in late last night, and we're extremely tired, so I called in for you so you have a day off! Also, there was a package left in front of our dorm for you, I hope you didn't order some weird thing. Enjoy your day off!!

     Zelo.

  Shaking his head with a smile, Hakyeon carefully placed the letter down, and stared at the awkwardly shaped item in front of him confused. He hadn't ordered anything, and  why would it have been in front of their door? Wouldn't it have gone straight to his private mailbox? Shaking his head, Hakyeon Cautiously began unwrapping the item, only to open it to find a beautiful blood red rose, rimmed in gold in the center of the glas casing, with a letter with silver writing under the box - like container.

   Hakyeon, please don't be too alarmed, but this is an item to show my devotion to you, and that I will always be there to protect you. Please never throw it out, or you will be throwing me away too.

   Leo

  Rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, Hakyeon decided he couldn't sleep anymore, and got dressed for a walk. As he pulled the shirt on, he caught another sight of the rose in its majesty, and just shook his head again. Grabbing his key, Hakyeon exited the building and made his way down the roads of the university towards his usual grassy field. As he made his way there, he walked past a pair of boys. One had light brunette hair, while the other was sporting a bright red, much like Hakyeon's flower. Startled, he stumbled and tripped, only to be caught by a pair of pale, strong arms. Looking up, Hakyeon was met with an extremely familiar feline face, and a pair of pure amber eyes. Where had he seen them before?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Author's note:

   Hello, I hope you liked this chapter on how Hakyeon and Leo really met. Thanks so much for reading, and if you want more neo, just ask I'll gladly write it!! Thanks again!! Btw, Zelo was the first person who popped into my head lol, so he was used.