Chapter 4

It Happened In New York

Seung Hyun returned to his home later that night with Nahla on his mind. She was beautiful, definitely intelligent and to him she seemed real. He began thinking about how his night turned out, he wasn't supposed to be in that book shop. He was supposed to be at his friend's wedding but instead he left early. Being there just made him think about the things that are missing in his life. He found himself wondering alone in the streets of Seoul until he wandered in to a book store. Typical Seung Hyun, he was so consumed in his own mind that he tripped over his own feet and fell onto the book shelf and knocked it over, causing chaos in the store.

"I am so sorry Sir." Seung Hyun snapped out of his own world when he realized what he had done.

"I don't care how you do it but you are going to clean up this mess. My wife planned a special dinner for us." The old man walked out of the store leaving Seung Hyun alone to clean up.
Seung Hyun switched on his bedroom light and began taking off the suit that irritated his skin and changed into something more comfortable. He winced as the cotton grazed his knee. He took a look to see how bad his injury was. It wasn't as full of blood as he thought but it burned. He chose to ignore it. He went back downstairs and roamed around his kitchen. He stopped suddenly.

"What is going on with me?" He buried his face in his hands. He stood there for a while until he knew exactly what the problem was. Nahla.

"Just forget it. She's just a fan. She wouldn't understand my world. She probably wouldn't even want to." He said to himself. It didn't make him feel better but it was a voice of reason.
He turned off the lights and returned upstairs to his bedroom. He lay on his bed in the darkness thinking about her. There was just something about her. Something unique and even though his heart kept arguing with his mind, his mind won the fight.

'Just forget it, you're never going to see her again. It's over.' His mind put an end to his aching heart instantly.
The next morning, with puffy eyes due to the lack of sleep, Seung Hyun was picked up early by his driver so he could meet up with his agent. He wasn't up for it but he had no choice.

Meanwhile, Nahla was at home having breakfast with Camilla. Meeting an actor from her favorite tv show was something she hadn't expected and she was still ecstatic.

"It was so weird, I just can't believe my luck." Nahla beamed.

"Are you going to eat that?" Camilla eyed Nahla's plate filled with eggs and bacon.

"He was even more handsome in person." Nahla continued.

"I'll take that as a no." Camilla grabbed Nahla's plate and added her left over food to the untouched food in Nahla's plate. She wasn't that hungry. She was way too excited to think about her hungry stomach.

"Will you clean up? I have to fetch Anna's dress." Nahla finally seemed to snap out of her dream world.

"I completely forgot you're leaving for New York next week."

"I'm leaving in four days." Nahla searched for her handbag before leaving her apartment. She wasn't that excited for New York but she promised Anna she would be there. Anna and Nahla where neighbors when they were younger. Although they went to different schools, they became quite close. Anna then moved to New York after graduating, they kept in contact but lost their close friendship after a few years. When Anna became engaged, there was no question in her mind as to who should design her wedding dress. Nahla was really glad this dress was done because it was one of the most difficult projects she's ever had. Anna hardly knew what she wanted in a dress and with Anna in New York, it was twice as hard to communicate and to get a clear vision on what the dress should look like but Nahla tried her best as always.