Chapter 2

It Happened In New York

The city came alive at night, the cool breeze exhaled and the noise of laughter filled the air but Choi Seung Hyun sat inside his hotel room. He had just wrapped up shooting for his latest tv show 'Fate'. He was invited to go out with his friends but they were all bringing their wives and girlfriends, something he didn't have. He decided he'd rather be alone.
A sigh left his lips as he scanned through the tv channels and nothing to watch.

"Absolutely nothing." He complained. He slid off the bed and went to into the bathroom to change his clothes. He collected his phone and wallet before leaving the room.

"Mr. Choi? Are you checking out?" The hotel maid rushed to him.

"No. Not yet." He couldn't get used to all this attention. He liked it though. Women fell to their feet for him but he was looking for something else. He wanted love. He wanted the woman he could spend the rest of his life with. A woman that wasn't interested in his fame. Wherever she was, she was hard to find. He resisted flirting with other women. He just couldn't lead them on like how he used to. As he got older, he realized that he wanted something more serious than a one night free pass. That didn't interest him anymore.

He took the elevator down and walked out into the inviting airy night. He strolled peacefully, he was lucky that their was no screaming fans asking for photos or autographs. He noticed a book store open, he changed his direction and started walking towards the book store. Not many people knew  but he loved books. His entire house was filled with books. He browsed the whole store until he found something he liked before returning back to the hotel. This was his life, being surrounded by people who faffed over him until night time, when he was all alone. No one to talk to, no one to crawl next to in bed. Just isolation. All his friends were either engaged or married. He had four weddings that he had to go to in the next three weeks. It just made him more jealous. More desperate for a woman in his life.

The morning after when Seung Hyun had awakened, a snarl crossed his face as he realized he had a wedding to go to later that night. He used to love going to weddings but now it's just a chore. Everyone was so unbelievably happy, he always wondered what was he missing out on and when would he eventually experience what everyone else around him has.
After his morning routine of a hot shower, black coffee and a bagel, he packed his bag and checked out of the hotel and hailed a cab that took him to his home. Seung Hyun lived on the other side of town, away from all the noise. He craved solitude. He wondered if that's the main reason why he hadn't been in a relationship for five years. It's something he always thought about when he was alone. He hated being alone but at the same time, he hated being around too many people. This was one of the many conflicting thoughts he had to deal with. Everything looked glamorous and fabulous on the outside, but anyone who dare got close, would see the soul of a lonely man.
______________________________________
That same night in another household, Nahla had just watched the latest episode for 'Fate' she was a huge fan of the show and a huge fan of T.O.P, she was a die hard fan and almost everyone that knew her, knew her love for the show.

"Are you ready to go now?" Nahla's friend emerged from the kitchen into the living room.

"Almost." Nahla searched for her shoes.

"I had dinner and a cup of coffee and I'm still waiting for us to leave. I cannot believe this show decides to play on our girls night out!"

"Oh come on Camilla, its only a 60 minute show and don't forget you weren't feeling well last night so you cancelled it for tonight and you knew Fate is on tonight." Nahla looked at herself at the body length mirror that stood in her hallway. Her make up was perfect, her little black cocktail dress did her justice, she was ready to go.

"Alright fine. I'll take the knock for this one." Camilla followed Nahla out of the apartment that was twenty three floors above the ground. Nahla hated heights but this was the only apartment available in the building at the time so she took it.

"Where are we off to?" Nahla asked in the elevator.

"Somewhere different." Camilla said confidently. Camilla was crazy and a dare devil.

"Oh boy. I'm not coming home until tomorrow morning." Nahla chuckled.
This was Nahla's first time out a single woman. Like Morgan, she too just recently broke up and hasn't really gone out since but tonight was different. She was going let loose and let go.