Chapter 6

It Happened In New York

Seung Hyun arrived at the rehearsal dinner, he entered the restaurant casually. This is just one of the many things he had no gumption to do but he was here for his friend and he wouldn't want to upset his friend in anyway.

"I'm so glad you could make it." Jeremy approached Seung Hyun and hugged him.

"Barely." Seung Hyun replied with a slight smile. Seung Hyun had almost missed his flight due to an autograph signing that went into overtime.

"Let me introduce you to everyone." Jeremy ushered Seung Hyun further into the full restaurant. Seung Hyun knew no one, he felt awkward and out of place. Seung Hyun flashed back to when he met Jeremy for the first time. Jeremy and Seung Hyun met when he was shooting a music video. Jeremy was a part of the creative team and once they met, they became friends almost instantly. Jeremy was very vocal as to how the video should be and specific props that should be used. A smirk crossed Seung Hyun's face when he remembered what a moron Jeremy was on that day.  Communication is a bit difficult when the time difference is quite big but they kept in contact regularly and Seung Hyun would always make time to visit Jeremy whenever he was in New York. 
As the night went on, the restaurant started to empty and before he knew it, he was on his way to his hotel and once again he was alone. 
A street away, Nahla sat comfortably in a restaurant. Taeyang had asked to take her to dinner and just like Seung Hyun, she didn't want to be alone so she agreed. 
She enjoyed his company, he provided the lovely conversations that she missed. He was funny and intellectual.

"I can't believe you made a wedding dress for someone in a completely different country!" Nahla had spent the evening telling Taeyang about her adventures of making Anna's wedding dress.

"I am so glad it's over. It really was a nightmare." Nahla sipped her cappuccino.

"I've spent most of the night talking about me, what about you?" Nahla asked. Taeyang spent the evening asking her questions and she gladly answered but now it was his turn. All she knew was that he is originally from New York and he comes here once a month. His face face changed his expression from joyful and jolly to serious. He turned his attention to the window.

"I am an estate agent. I am afraid of growing old alone. I've had my fair share of heartbreaks, the recent one was last year in fact and I turned 27 yesterday." He steered his eyes back to Nahla and gave her a slight smile. Nahla could relate to his heartbreak and not wanting to talk about it.

"I know how you feel." She looked down into her empty mug and kept her gaze there. It was just easier to stop the tears that way.

"I recently broke up with someone I thought I was destined to be with forever. I had my whole life planned and he was in my future, I was so sure of it and next thing I knew, I caught him cheating." She took a breath and hoped the tears wouldn't be visible to Taeyang.

"And the worst part is, I actually gave my all to this man who is now engaged to the woman he chose over me."
Nahla could feel Taeyang staring at her but she didn't care, it felt so good to let all of that out!

"Can I take you back to your hotel?" Taeyang offered and Nahla gladly accepted.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning Seung Hyun was abruptly awoken by his alarm. The ceremony was at 11:30 that morning. He groaned out of annoyance but rolled out of bed, his eyes still burning. After showering, he adorned his black suit which he wore for the last wedding he attended. He took a look into the mirror and almost laughed when he remembered the night he had the last time he wore that suit. He didn't bother to buy a new one just because no one would know he wore it to another wedding and secondly he just didn't feel like buying a new suit. 
His phone rang, disrupting his mind from its thoughts.

"Hi mom." An instant smile appeared on his face. He loved his mother to bits and his day just became a bit brighter when he spoke to her.

"How is New York?" She asked.

"It's alright."

" I just called to tell you that you should enjoy yourself at the wedding."

"I will mom."

"I know it's not easy." His mother knew how his heart ached no matter how hard he tried to hide it from her. 
A lump formed in his throat making it harder to swallow.

"Just remember that in due time, things will happen. I love you." His mother assured him as best as a mother could.

"I love you too." His mother hung up, leaving Seung Hyun to think about the phone call he just had. 
He took a second to pull himself together before heading out to the church.