Chapter 8

It Happened In New York

Nahla sat on her sofa with her sketch pad neatly placed on her lap as she drifted away from her surroundings. Fate was on but she turned it off. She couldn't tell if she was angry or if she didn't care. Why should she care if Morgan landed at date with Seung Hyun? It's not like she actually liked him, or did she? 
The memories of that morning raced in her mind and they wouldn't go away.

"I cannot thank you enough Nahla." Morgan and Nahla were sitting opposite each other at their usual meeting spot in a quiet cafe.

"For what?" Nahla had recovered from the bad news of her family tragedy. The last thing she wanted was Morgan's nagging.

"If you didn't leave me alone at that moment, Seung Hyun would have never asked me out to dinner." She said excitedly. It was like a bullet hit Nahla's heart at that moment. Her heart slowed down and she wasn't responding to anything. She knew Morgan was just out to find a rich man and she found him and the worst part is, Seung Hyun was defenseless against Morgan's charm and wit.

"That's great." Nahla said with a dry mouth, barely audible.

Nahla came back to the present and realized she had a dress to design. There was no time to mope and feel any heartache.

"Ugh why am I getting so worked up anyway? I like my guys to be normal people." Nahla said to herself, trying to convince herself that Seung Hyun wasn't a loss to her. She went back to work and took all her anger and frustration into sketching a beautiful dress. Even after her sketch was done, Seung Hyun plagued her. They had such an amazing night in New York, she was sure he felt what she felt. But then again, Morgan is more beautiful. Maybe not as intelligent and hard working but she definitely had her looks going for her. Nahla placed her sketch pad onto the side table next to the sofa and went in search of her phone, she found it laying on her bed. She picked up her phone and threw herself onto her large bed. She searched through her phone, no missed calls, no texts, only emails from her clients. For some reason, she was hoping Seung Hyun would give her a call or a text.

"Silly girl. He doesn't even have your number." She whispered to herself and angrily threw her phone onto the bed. 
She slowly removed herself from the bed and grabbed her bag. She knew she had to get rid of this negative feeling that was bothering her. She exited her apartment and strolled to the elevator. Once downstairs and out of the building that housed her, Nahla took a deep breathe of the airy night and exhaled. She would have loved some company but Camilla is busy tonight, Taeyang is only coming back at the end of the week and being around her mother's family would just make her feel much worse. She still couldn't comprehend why this was affecting her. She didn't mind if Seung Hyun went on a date, why should it bother her? Nahla couldn't handle all the pressure of her racing thoughts. She dived deeper into the city, losing track of where she was going as she walked further and further.

Nahla turned around and started walking back to her apartment as it was getting late. She figured that she was just throwing a tantrum for nothing. Seung Hyun wasn't hers and he wasn't her type. Sure they had amazing conversations but he is a superficial celebrity. She ended it there. Seung Hyun was not coming near her anymore and nor was he going to enter her mind. 
She convinced her that she wasn't in love with Seung Hyun, how could she be? They've only been together twice and Nahla doesn't believe in love at first sight. 
She arrived home and made herself a cup of tea before heading to her dining room table that faced the canvas of a busy city full of lights. She stared out into the luminous city and was in deep thought as she slowly sipped her tea. It was unlike Nahla to sit still in one place and be quiet. Nahla was energetic and witty. When she was normally alone at home, she would either be designing dresses, cleaning or watching tv but tonight was different. She knew she would be over it tomorrow but as for right now, Nahla wanted to be still and accept her loss.

Nahla awoke a little later than usual, she overslept which was no wonder to her because she hardly slept. Although she had a terrible night, she did feel better about Seung Hyun. 
She dragged herself out of bed and began with her morning. After showering and dressing into a rather casual torn jeans and tank top, she proceeded to make breakfast. It was just when she was about to sit down and enjoy her oatmeal when there was a violent knock on the door. Nahla wasn't frightened although the sound was a bit scary. She groaned in frustration but got herself up to open the door. Camilla was seen standing at the door with a newspaper in her hand.

"What a gold digging !" Camilla rushed in and threw the paper onto the table next to Nahla's oatmeal. Nahla closed the door behind her and let out a silent sigh. She was glad Camilla was there, she needed the company. Being alone made her think things she shouldn't be thinking but she had no idea what's in store for her.

"Whats wrong Camilla?" Nahla went back to her oatmeal but before she could take a bite, the newspaper headline flashed into her eyes.

"T.O.P's New Lover?" She read aloud and glanced at the picture of Seung Hyun and Morgan hand in hand leaving an upscale restaurant. Nahla couldn't believe her eyes. It panged her heart.

"How did this even happen?" Camilla threw her hands up into the air with frustration. Camilla didn't know the full story but she hated Morgan's guts.

"It gets worst." Nahla winced as she pushed the paper aside and stared directly towards Camilla who was leaning against the glass window.

"This better be good." Camilla said sarcastically as she pulled out the chair opposite Nahla and sat down.

"At the wedding. Seung Hyun and I-"

"Oh are we at a first name basis already?" Camilla raised an eyebrow. With only those few words, Camilla had already put two and two together.

"Let me guess, the two of you met again and it was amazing. Somehow he met Morgan and she managed to seduce him and now they are a couple?"

"That was a bit harsh Camilla." Nahla lost her appetite. Camilla's words stung like a bee.

"No Nahla. When are you going to stand up for yourself? Are you just going to let that little gold digging take what you found first?" Camilla's voice raised.

"I don't even want him. Jeez Camilla!" Nahla too, raised her voice. Camilla was touching a nerve that Nahla didn't want to acknowledge that it was even there to begin with.

"Yes that's right. That's why your eyes almost exploded with shock and heartache when you saw the newspaper." Nahla had nothing to say. Camilla was right, she tried forgetting what happened in New York. She tried to carry on as though she would never consider Seung Hyun as an option just because of his celebrity status but Camilla proved a point. She did like him, in fact it was more than like. It was some weird spark that ignited her with a zest for life and passion.

"I just have to accept it Camilla. He likes Morgan more than me." Nahla shoved her bowl of oatmeal to the side, she definitely didn't feel like eating.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Of course."

"I hope you can fire the little sleaze bag." Camilla stood up and took the newspaper and threw it in the trash.

"I'm taking you out tonight, you don't need a loser like T.O.P and you definitely don't need his new pet Morgan." Nahla didn't feel like another night of going out but maybe it would do her good...

 

***I am so sorry for the delay but I hope you all enjoy the update. By the way, thank you for the comments, I really love to read them. It let's me know if I am doing a good job or not lol. Anyway, until next week. Take care ^^***