Chapter 9

It Happened In New York

Nahla and Camilla arrived at a house in the outskirts of Seoul. Camilla always knew where the hottest party was for all occasions. 

"You will find a man here in no time." Camilla nudged Nahla shortly after she rang the doorbell.

"I am not looking for a man." Nahla gave her a shocked glance.

"Welcome!" A rather short man opened the door, already wasted. Nahla gave a weak smile and glanced at her watch. Camilla entered with Nahla following.

"Kyle, how about some shots for my friend and I?" Camilla followed the short man into the kitchen. The music was blaring, Nahla had been to plenty of parties with Camilla for years but this was her absolute first house party. As she walked to find Camilla, Nahla looked at her surroundings. People drunk, vomiting in the corners. Nahla cringed at the sight. Walking further, she found random strangers making out with one another. Nahla walked faster, she wanted to get out of that house as soon as possible. She found the kitchen quickly and spotted Camilla. 

"Shots?" Camilla shoved a glass in Nahla's hand as soon as she saw the innocent girl entering the kitchen.

"To friends!" Camilla toasted.

"To friends!" Everyone who was in the kitchen raised their glasses and cheered. Nahla skipped that part and took her shot. One shot eventually led to two and two led to many more. Nahla was now more comfortable and having a conversation with two complete strangers who had no problem filling her shot glass when needed while Camilla left to do her own thing.

"I work too much you know?" Nahla slurred to one girl that looked young enough to be in high school. The other girl kindly refilled Nahla's empty shot glass.

"I don't even have a boyfriend." Nahla downed her shot to numb her pain. 

"Nahla, can you hang around with people your own age?!" Camilla barged into the kitchen and grabbed Nahla away from the two young girls.

"Wait, we were just getting along." Nahla tried balancing on her feet but wasn't successful. With the help of Camilla, they made it out of the kitchen.

"I think I should take you home and for once I'm not drunk." Camilla muttered.

"I don't want to go home." Nahla could barely keep her eyes open. 

"Oh my God Nahla, you haven't been this drunk since high school." Camilla struggled to get to the door. 

"Can somebody help me?" Camilla voiced her struggle and looked around but saw drunk bodies everywhere.

" and now everyone is drunk." Camilla rolled her eyes while trying to support Nahla's numb body. Just then, Camilla saw the front door opening.

"Sorry, could you help me please?" The man approached her. He looked friendly enough. 

"Nahla?" Taeyang's voice wasn't enough to keep Nahla from falling out of consciousness.

"You know her?" Camilla glanced at Taeyang in shock.

"Yes. I do." He beamed.

"Great, I need to get her home. Would you mind helping?" 

"Not at all." Taeyang relieved Camilla of her burden and carried Nahla in his arms. She was now knocked out.

"My car is just outside." Taeyang proceeded towards the door that was still standing open with Camilla following. 

"How do you know Nahla?" Camilla finally asked after minutes of silence in the car.

"We met on an airplane to New York." Taeyang was more grateful than anything for  Camilla's cry for help at that moment. He has been dreading this party but felt obligated to attend just because a friend invited him. Partying was just not his thing.

"Funny she didn't mention anything." Camilla mumbled.

"And how do you know Nahla?" Taeyang now glanced at the back seat to see if Nahla was okay.

"We've known each other since primary school. She's my best friend." Camilla said proudly and glanced at Taeyang who was concentrating on the road. 

"It's a right at the next traffic light. The building will be on the left." Camilla continued. The car was silent once more and Camilla couldn't have been more relieved when they arrived at Nahla's apartment building. Taeyang struggled to get Nahla out while Camilla tried looking for the keys to the apartment. 

"Remind me to never allow her to drink this much." Camilla said with a large sigh.

"Poor thing will be knocked out until tomorrow morning." With Nahla successfully out of the car, Taeyang and Camilla made their way inside the building and took the elevator up. Camilla rushed to open the door once they arrived on the right floor and allowed Taeyang inside.
 
"Her bedroom is over there." Camilla pointed before she proceeded to turn all the lights on. Taeyang placed the beautiful body on her bed and the bedside lamp. He stared at her for a while. She was something else.

", I forgot my cellphone at the party." Taeyang heard Camilla saying from the kitchen. His thoughts came to a halt and he left the bedroom to offer Camilla some assistance but she turned down.

"Don't worry, just do me a favor and lock up. You can slip the key under the doormat outside." Camilla rushed out the door and shut it behind her.

"Camilla is that you?" Taeyang rushed to the room as soon as he heard Nahla's voice.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Where's Camilla? Is the party over?" Nahla sat up and rubbed her temples that were aching. 

"She left her phone at the party so she went to go and get it." Nahla threw herself back onto the bed and rested her head.

"I thought you weren't coming back until the end of the week?" 

"Yeah I thought so too but I had some business to take care of here so I had to come back as soon as I could." The two stared at each other for a while in utter silence.

"Can I get you anything? Water? Maybe a bucket in case you throw up in the middle of the night?" He came closer to the bed until he plopped down at the edge of the bed. Taeyang's tone was playful and this made Nahla smile.

"No thanks. I'll be fine." Nahla assured him.

"Are you busy tomorrow night?"

"You mean tonight?" Taeyang glanced at the clock and realized it was already passed 1AM. He chuckled.

"Sorry, are you busy tonight?" He laughed slightly.

"I don't think so. I haven't checked my schedule for today yet."

"Well, if you aren't I'm having dinner with a few friends and I'd really like for you to join us." Nahla wasn't in no mood for company. As much as she thought Taeyang was great, she wanted to be alone.

"I can see you're having doubts but if you change your mind, we're having dinner at The Koi Bar." 

"It's getting late, I should be getting home." Taeyang added after a breath.

"I'll walk you out." Nahla slowly climbed off the bed and followed Taeyang to the door. Before opening it, Taeyang turned around and kissed Nahla on her forehead.

"I really do hope I will see you tonight." He whispered. Nahla wanted more than that. Nahla looked up at Taeyang's beautifully moulded face. She couldn't understand why is she being hit with all these emotions at once, here in front of her was a really great guy who made time for her and she hated to admit it but there wasn't any chemistry between them. On the other hand, she met the man of her dreams, which happened to be her favourite actor and she hands him over to Morgan. 

"It gets a little more complicated than that." She whispered back. He nodded, understandingly.

"Sleep well." He bid her a good night and left her apartment.

"Couldn't I just have a good relationship without any of this bull complications." She buried her head in her hands and slouched towards her bedroom.