5th

Sidekick

 

Momo's POV

I was busy talking about the revelation when Nayeon pinched me. I looked at her and can't believe that the amnesia wore off earlier than I thought it would.

I hope she is okay though.

A loud bang interrupted my thoughts aswell as Nayeon's hands wrapped tightly around mine. She is tensed as she gawks the view infront of us.

Mayhem.

Most of the visitors have fled, the door is blasted open and smoke covers it.

', they knew?!' Dahyun's voice echoed through my ear as she spoke through our communication system. She is the one incharge of the technology of our agency. Mina and Sana are assasin's who are silent in killing, thus the nickname 'Silent Duo'. Considering in trainee years, I'm the longest, trained up by the owners of the agency. I specialize in weapons and daggers and I excel well in hand to hand combat. Next is Jungyeon, who uses a katana to slice enemy's parts, Jihyo who uses poison darts, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are the young assasins but they excel in teamwork, they specialize in sniper and hand to hand combat.

Well, enough of the introduction. 's about to go real. Time to put the years of training to a real fight.

'I swear to God that I encrypted all the possible entrances available to this ro--.' 

'Well, except for one.. hehe..' I shook my head at Dahyun and mentally facepalm myself because of her. She's smart but forgettable, I can say that.

I picked up another earpiece on my belt, faced Nayeon and gently tucked it in her ear. I attached the wireless button to her finger for easy access.

She quickly nodded upon understanding what I did to her. I set her beside me while I maintained my position. 

I need to protect her, no matter what happens.

I pressed the button and broadcasted it to all members, 'Scramble up, Mina and Sana, you're with me. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, ready your snipers. Jihyo and Jungyeon and Dahyun arrange the vehicle incase we need to get away.' 

'What? There's 5 unidentified human beings there to come and get Nayeon, I can't quite track their faces because of the smoke.'

I can already feel the presence of Mina and Sana, I looked behind me and saw them walking towards us. 

We nodded to each other. We agreed to protect Nayeon. Losing her will corrupt the project our fathers started, we can't let that happen.

'We can handle them, just call backup incase things get messy.'

'Alright. Goodluck, don't die.'

'Don't worry, we won't.'

(Italized bold is the conversation between Mina, Sana, Momo and Nayeon)

'They are moving. Don't try anything stupid.' I quietly said. They all just nodded. The enemy can be visible, and we can see the familiar 'S' sign on their attires.

We knew that they were the Salties Gang. They were after Nayeon, after all they wanted to destroy every Twice agents in the world.

They were indeed Salty people. Okay. Stop with the jokes. This is serious matter, Momo.

"Hand us the key." They were all girls. Feminine voice but they are quite big. I meant muscular.

"You'll have to get through us before you can get her." I said. I squeezed Nayeon's hands and slowly let go. I looked at her and smiled, while a cracked my knuckled and neck. My attire isn't the best, but it can do.

"Well, this is much easier than we thought it would be." They all smirked and slowly took steps towards us.

I just snickered and plastered a sweet smile to them. They were caught aback, but their expressions changed to a serious one.

'They are scared. Hahaha, what can you expect from a salty?' Mina said, she just laughed.

"Don't underestimate u-us. Y-you don't know what w-we can d-do to you!" We heard a forced shout from one of them. 

"Pathetic." I silently muttered. But the room was quiet enough to echo it and they heard it.

"What?"

"Tss. You're deaf and pathetic."

"Grr! That's it! Charge!!!" The middle one shouted and pointed a knife to us while charging. 

I just tsk'ed at them and pulled a small pistol behind my thigh.

I shot one of them at the leg, weakening them, while I charged at one. Mina and Sana also followed. I ducked and swept the girl's legs, she stumbled and fell, groaning at the impact. I stood up and pulled a dagger behind me and silently threw it at my side, passing through the chest of the other girls. 1 down, 4 to go. My leg got pulled and I fell, but quickly got up and punched the girl who charged at me. I kicked her hand, her knife went flying across the room, hitting the leg of her teammate. I immediately pulled her head, locking it and kicked her back. She pulled a small knife from her waist, stabbing my leg with it. I groaned and energy rushed inside me. I got hold of her head and snapped it. Killing her.

I stood up slowly, and I can feel a presence behind me. I am too weak to retaliate but I heard a loud thump. I looked back and saw a lifeless body, blood rushing out of her head. 

'We got your back, unnie.' I looked outside and saw two small figure at the top of the building across ours, I smiled when I realized that it was Tzuyu and Chaeyoung.

'T-thanks.' I said, I looked at my leg and winced at the pain. I grabbed the handle of the knife and slowly pulled it out, tearing my dress to cover up the wound.

I stood up and ran to the girl that was charging at Nayeon, I grabbed the knife that was pierced through me and jumped with all my might. I lunged at the girl and impaled her with the knife her friend used before punching her in the head to assure that she's dead. 

'Three down, two to go.' I heard Mina and Sana say the same thing at the same time. I just nodded at them and proceeded to help them.

'Momo unnie! There are more, coming at your six!' I heard Dahyun's voice and gunshots behind me. I looked back and saw Mina and Sana, back to back, raining bullets to the enemies.

But more kept coming and we're outnumbered. We were also tired and our reinforcements took longer to arrive. We need to hold them back.

'Th-there's too m-many!' 

'Don't give up! They'll arrive soon!' 

Adrenaline rushed inside me and I charge at the group of men infront of us. I took my daggers and threw it at them like guns, bodies fell but more kept coming.

Soon, I can see Tzuyu and Chaeyoung firing at the enemies, Jungyeon slicing up the threats and Jihyo with Nayeon sniping with her poison darts. Atlast the reinforcements arrive and we weren't outnmbered like before. We fought them back and did our best to protect Nayeon and the Agency.

I was about to go to Nayeon and help Jihyo when someone jumped be from my side and pierced a knife through my arm. I shouted and pushed the person. I pulled my gun and shot him at his head before kicking him in the guts.

I didn't even bother pulling the knife in my arm, I quickly ran to Nayeon and hugged her. 

'They're slowly decreasing, we held them just in time.' 

'Regroup at the stage, let other assasins sort the rest. We need to move, quick.' 

Footsteps made my head look up. I saw Mina, Sana, Dahyun, Jungyeon, Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Jihyo beside me and Nayeon, catching their breaths and all covered in blood. Luckily, no one was heavily injured but me, having two stab wounds and a bullet wound in my leg. 

Moments after, the enemy vanished and the assasins cleaned the mess. I slowly got up and walked infront of them.

"We did w-well. G-good job.." My eyes felt heavier and all that I knew is I closed my eyes before I fell to the ground.

--------

Nayeon's POV

I closed my eyes and muttered self comforting words to myself, as I can hear footsteps around me. I slowly looked up and saw the Twice members grouping around me. They were all covered in blood and catching their breaths.

I looked at them and saw Sana and Mina's back leant on each other while their eyes was closed rapidly panthing.Tzuyu and Chaeyoung both have a sniper on their back and blood on their hands. Dahyun is quite clean but blood is also visible on her boots. Jungyeon's katana is covered in blood aswell as her shirt and pants. Jihyo's hands were sweating and her face is red, probably from blowing darts and such. Lastly, I looked at Momo and saw a crap ton of blood coming from her legs and arms, also she was covered in blood like she bathe on it. A knife is stabbed on her left arm and her left leg has a visible knife wound and a bullet wound, on her right leg was a slightly large knife wound. My heart softened when I heard her winced. I was about to go to her when she stood up, unstable but managed to walk infront of us. 

She congratulated us, but quickly fell down. My reflexes reacted and my legs automatically stood up and caught her midst falling. She fell into my arms and I sat down, carefully setting her. I grabbed my handerchief and gently wiped the blood off her face, revealing her gorgeous face. I winced when my eyes scanned her body. She is heavily injured and needs proper medical attention.

I looked up and saw the member's face more clearer. They probably wiped their faces, disgusted by the mixes of blood.

I stood up and carried Momo, I didn't even know where I got the force to carry her. She's heavy, considering all that muscle she got.

"We need to go, Jihyo, where's the vehicle you prepared?"

Jihyo looked at me before saying, "It's just outside Nayeon-sshi."

"Don't call me that, Nayeon's fine."

I walked through the blasted door and went to the vehicle. I set Momo on the most comfortable spot, asking Jungyeon to take care of her while I drive. I asked Jihyo where the secondary headquarters is located and immediately drove to it.

We quickly arrived at the place, making sure no one saw us. I parked the vehicle and quickly got out to carry Momo. I carressed her face and carried her, bridal style.

The people welcomed us and escorted us to the clinic, well, it's a large clinic, but it can't be call hospital because its--

"Nayeon-sshi.. please lay Master Momo here.." My thoughts were interrupted when the nurse tapped my shoulder and ordered me to set Momo at the bed. 

I nodded and carefully laid Momo, not wanting to disturb her or cause further harm.

They quickly got into action and treated Momo aswell as the other members while I wait outside.

Damn. That was an exhausting event.