Chapter 4: Memories In A Box

Inevitable Love

Narrator's POV:

It was just tomorrow and Eun Ae will be moving to Seoul.

Eun Ae’s mind ran swiftly through her thoughts she and started digging clothes out from her wardrobe.

Within minutes, her luggage was fully packed to its brim. Eun Ae didn’t forget one important thing, a simple box which was hidden under her bed. She bent down to retrieve it and slowly opened the box. The box contained Korilakkuma(s), gifts and letters from Min Hyuk, also pictures of the both of them. Eun Ae couldn’t bear to throw it away, her love for Min Hyuk was simply too deep. The scar he left her was even deeper. Eun Ae finally let everything out. It started with a few drops of tears and she gradually broke into a silent cry. She finally dared to cry over him.

Eun Ae decided to leave the box where it belonged, under her bed, abandoned and unwanted. That’s how she thought she should feel about Min Hyuk, over and done with.

Eun Ae cuddled herself up in her bed eventually cried herself to sleep.

It would soon the next morning, Eun Ae woke up to realize it was today, the day she’ll be moving to Seoul.

 “Good morning omma.” Eun Ae greeted her mum.

“Morning Eun Ae. Quickly go get ready, you’ve a flight to catch. I’ll drive you to the airport!”

“THANK YOU OMMA!” Eun Ae hugged her mum and didn’t let go until a really long time.

“Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you for being there for me always. You’ve been such a great mum. I’m thankful for you, really.” Eun Ae whispered sorrowfully.

“I’m going to miss you Eun Ae. I’ll visit you if I’m able too, I promise you dear. I love you so much.”

“Promise?” Eun Ae let go and stared at her mum.

“Promise!”

“Hurry along and go and get ready for your flight now!” nagged Eun Ae’s mum.

“Neh~~!” replied Eun Ae.

Eun Ae washed up and wore her favourite outfit. A simple dress with leggings. Not forgetting a coat to protect her from the cold. She pinned up her fringe and let her long wavy hair down. She looked into the mirror, took in a deep breath and smiled at herself. Everything was going so fast, it felt surreal. She placed her sling bag on her one side of her shoulder and dragged her luggage out of her room. Eun Ae took one final glance of her room and closed the door, leaving behind the box that contained sad memories chucked under her bed.