Chapter 1: Dreams Come True

Inevitable Love

Narrator's POV:

“Eun Ae ah~! A letter arrived this morning for you and it’s from Seoul High! And breakfast is ready!”

Soon after, Eun Ae was rushing down the stairs. “REALLY? OMMA! IS THE LETTER REALLY FROM SEOUL HIGH??” exclaimed Eun Ae as she stared at the envelope.

Her heart raced as she tore the envelope.

“What does the letter say? I’m sure it’s good news!”

Eun Ae gently unfolded the simple piece of paper which would actually determine her future.

“Dear Kim Eun Ae,

Congratulations! You have been selected for admission to Seoul University in October 2010.”

Upon reading the first sentence written on the letter, Eun Ae couldn’t control her emotions and walked up to her mum and hugged her mum, tightly. Unknowingly, tears which contained joy started flowing down her rosy red cheeks. “I’ll be able to stay with appa now. I miss him so much mum, I really do..” cried Eun Ae.

“Yes Eun Ae, I know how much you love appa, I’m sure he knows it too. Appa and I love you so much Eun Ae, let’s message him to tell him this piece of good news.” revealed Eun Ae‘s mum.

Eun Ae finally achieved her long awaited dream to study in Seoul High and also stay with her dad who was a Korean and who was working in Seoul. Eun Ae’s parents have been separated ever since she  was eleven. But she stayed on good terms with both her mum and dad. Neither her mum nor dad ever allowed their relationship to deteriorate. Eun Ae was well-loved and her parents both doted on her. Eun Ae has always been a very bright and caring girl. Eun Ae lived by her name, strong-willed and persistent. Never once did Eun Ae doubt herself nor her parents, even though they were separated.

Eun Ae sat by her window, staring at park just opposite her house. Eun Ae heaved a sigh. “I can finally stay with appa after all these years, but I’m surely going to miss everything here especially omma, not forgetting Jessica and Athena.” Eun Ae couldn’t help but feel her heart sinking. Just another week and Eun Ae would be flying Seoul. It felt so close yet so far, Eun Ae simply felt confused, mixed feelings started to fill her as she started thinking about what was installed for her in Seoul.