Chapter VIII

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahae caught her mother when she was about to fall. Her mother suddenly was all giggly. Hanbin was frozen, he was completely taken back. Bobby stood there if he was alive, he would be sighing so deeply. Dahae’s mother has a lot of downs lately. Seeing Dahae struggling with her mother’s balance. Dahae seems also very flustered about the scene. Well in this neighborhood everything may be possible. He was wondering how Hanbin would react on this.

Hanbin was speechless. Seeing for the first time a woman who was so much lost, covered with marks, her neck, everything, also the smell of cigarettes and alcohol was very present.

Dahae’s mother barely could stand up, as she looked at Hanbin, “Hey, young man. Are you looking—” Dahae covered , as her eyes widened wide open. “Let’s go home,” she hastily said. Hanbin was a bit taken back, it was the first time that she frankly panicked, it was completely the opposite of her calm and chic behavior.

Without even looking at him, she said, “See you around,” she dragged with all her might her mother inside. Her mother waved and blew kisses at him, giving some flirtatious winks and glances as she shouted, “See you around, Bobby!” Dahae stopped and turned her head, seeing Hanbin was still standing there. He mouthed, ‘It’s okay’. Even though, he just witnessed a different side of Dahae, well basically a darker side of her life. Would he risk his life to give her a better life? Probably yes, in love there was are no boundaries.

Hanbin just waved, when he turned around, he remembered, her mother just called him Bobby. Something in his mind clicked. Bobby…He sighed, I am now pretty sure, you are that person she is missing, you were that person on her phone. He put his hands in his pockets, does this mean, does I have to keep this a secret? He ruffled his hair, it is now becoming a big mess. He doesn’t know what Bobby’s mission exactly his mission is. Yet he cannot tell him, either he dies or Bobby and Mino dies. He needs to find more answers. He checked his phone, seeing tons of missed calls from his mother and father. He just bluntly decided to go home.

 

Hanbin came home. It was oddly silent. He passed the living room. All of the sudden, something crashed down from a distance. He stood there. “It is your fault!” someone shouted at someone. He peeked at the side from the door. He saw his mother was hysterically screaming at his father. However, he was not that calm man as before, he was shouting back. “How is it my fault? You should have raised him better!” he pointed at him.

“I just cannot believe my own ears, you weren’t there for him when he was younger!” she accused him. His father retorted her argument, “Neither were you! You didn’t raise him at all! You just let the maids raise him or his grandmother!”

Bobby appeared, he saw Hanbin was standing by the doorframe. It has been a while to see this friend. But he didn’t approach him. hearing from the shouts, he could tell, and it was also his first time seeing Hanbin being vulnerable. He wasn’t speaking or moving. He doesn’t show any emotion, yet his eyes told everything. Hanbin turned his head, seeing Bobby standing there. He looked worried, but he didn’t say anything.

The fight continued, but the bomb was dropped when his mother cried it out, “You don’t love me or Hanbin anymore that is why you slept with that woman!” when she said that, she received a slap from her own beloved husband. Hanbin finally walked in, “I am home,” he lied. Acting as if he wasn’t home earlier before.

His mother wiped her tears away, as his father tried to control his anger, “Where did you go?” he sternly asked. “Somewhere,” the son coolly shrugged. His mother said, “Did that sleazy girl call you?” she walked to him. his mother would always track him down. She knows about Dahae. Last time during dinner, she wasn’t happy that her son is interacting with some girl who has a bad background.

“What if she did?”

“I prohibit you to—”

“You can’t. I did it on my own well, she is really—”

“Have you checked her background? Do you even know where she lives? Don’t tell me—" Hanbin interrupted her, “Mother, she isn’t that kind of person.” Hanbin looked at his mother, “This is why dad doesn’t love you.” Her mother became silent, his father looked furious and he went to his son. Hanbin wasn’t done, he said with looking so much hatred to his father, “This is how mom becomes because of you.” He walked away from his parents. The friction between his parents is so thin, it always leads to fighting.

“Young man, you—" Hanbin didn’t listen to his father and walked to his grandmother’s room. She was reading something. She knew about the argument downstairs; the whole mansion could hear it. She just couldn’t care less about it. Well, it is actually their problem.

“Granny,” Hanbin softly said. She looked up, she was a bit paler than usual, but she smiled. Hanbin sat next to her. she gently patted his head, “Aigoo, my Bin.” She softly spoke, Hanbin meekly smiled, this the only love that is real and is received from this place.

Bobby followed in silence Hanbin. He noticed Hanbin was really close to his grandmother. He could see why. This kind of love was the only real one. He turned his back and walked downstairs.

He saw Hanbin’s parents were still fighting. Mainly about adultery and cheating. Sometimes Hanbin gets into the conversation. The mother was crying awfully as the husband was holding her shoulders, but also close to tears. Bobby noticed these two people do love each other so much, yet the trust between them is completely shattered. Bobby felt the sympathy for Hanbin. This kind of home situation is bad as he decided to leave the mansion.

 

A couple of days have passed. Hanbin noticed Dahae didn’t go to her classes. He waited in front of her department building. He asked Jinhwan about it. he said she was sick and couldn’t attend for a couple days to her classes. Hanbin started to think it is because of that night that he saw that woman. Is Dahae anxious about his reaction? He ruffled his hair.

After his classes, he walked with his schoolwork to a café. He saw Dahae is together with two other girls. He recognized these two. One of them is Jinhwan’s goddess. They were laughing with Dahae. His eyes softened. But he could tell Dahae was tired and didn’t sleep for days. Hanbin noticed someone else approached them. He smiled, she smiled tiredly in response, Hanbin’s expression fell. He saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter