Chapter VI

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinhwan glanced at Hanbin, he was completely looking like a kicked puppy, yet he managed to put a poker face with sad eyes. “My number,” he re-asked again. “Yeah, because I have some troubles with some theories of certain books and you are a senior. I thought you may help me. I really need a tutor.” Before Yein could say something, Yayin nudged her friend to be quiet. she seems to understand Dahae’s approach.

Jinhwan tilted his head, “Tutoring you? You study more than—” while Hanbin glanced at the side, noticing one of the two girls was blushing as well anticipating for something. “Ah, hyung, you should give your number to Dahae.” He grinned, “I wouldn’t mind if you pass the number to me too,” Dahae looked at Hanbin. He knows, if she was a girl with a big mouth, she would be saying right now, “Yah, you want to die?” He sheepishly grinned as the innocent lamb gave in, “Sure,” he handed his phone to her as Dahae typed her number and save it. For some reason, Hanbin couldn’t help it to be envious of Jinhwan now. Yayin was totally mind blown, did Dahae really scored Jinhwan’s number, the popular kids rarely give out their numbers.

Jinhwan sent a message and Dahae received, “There you have my number.” The young junior nodded, “Uhm, yeah please take care of me…Teacher Jinhwan?” she awkwardly addressed him. Jinhwan chuckled softly, “Oppa is fine.” Dahae nodded, “Thank you, Jinhwan oppa.” Hanbin felt now she was mocking him so much.

Dahae left with Yein and before Yayin could freak out, Dahae said, “Before you get angry. I got it for you.” Yein held Yayin back, as they were both a bit confused. “Tutor sessions means a lot being on campus or going to a café, which means more opportunities to meet up by accident,” Dahae tried to sound it makes sense. Yayin slowly seems to get it as well Yein. “Oh my god,” they both hugged her. “We just met and you already helping Yaying with closing the distance!”

“Thank you so much!” Yayin cried out loud. Dahae smiled warmly.

Bobby chuckled softly. Of course, she would always do something for the others to make them happy. Mino patted his shoulder, “Dahae has really the angel quality, Lady Sun Hi would be ecstatic to have her. But also, she is the type of person, that I can see fits to be standing by your side.” Bobby nodded small, as he thought, though not in this life cycle. He felt a bit sad, wondering would it be the same or different if he was alive with her at this time?

 

 

Couple days has passed, Hanbin still got confused whenever Bobby and Mino randomly appeared in his room whenever they like to. Especially when he has to get up, it still gives him the fright. Hanbin ruffled his hair, it was another same morning routine.

Bobby grinned, “Good morning princess. How was your sleep?” Hanbin questioned his uality sometimes, “I swear, are you sure you aren’t gay?” Mino chuckled, Bobby has the tendency to joke around and sometimes things like that he would do the most. He did that to him at least a dozen times. Bobby laughed, “I am 100 percent sure that I am not gay.” Hanbin asked, “Older girls or younger girls?”

“I like potatoes,” Mino cried out in laughter, while Hanbin face-palmed himself.

Bobby laughed as well on his bad, “Say, I have been noticing that you are being interested in a girl.”

Hanbin had his guard on, he has been trying to figure out why he keeps seeing Bobby and Mino. “Who, you mean Dahae?”

Bobby nodded a bit, “She is someone who caught my attention,” he still noticed that Bobby didn’t show hesitated movements, “She is pretty cute though,” Mino followed along with Bobby’s tactics if you could call them a tactic. Well, Mino also thought what is Bobby doing?

Hanbin chuckled, “If you were alive, it would be a definitely a batter for sure.” That comment made Bobby sigh deeply. “Yeah, if I was alive.” Hanbin kept a straight expression, was that a clue or something?

Hanbin asked, “Say, how was your life, I mean you look pretty young to me. Means you must have people that are missing you.” He said with a lot of cautious, as Bobby tilted his head, “There are people who are missing me.” He nodded, he visited his parents and his good friends. “But there is one certain person I am definitely missing the most.” Bobby nodded a bit, “But yeah. I cannot be sad about that. things happen and fate chose me to let me die and—” he stopped with talking.

He suddenly felt empty, the thought of not actually standing by her side. It kills him. the truth is, he is envious or any guy who she is interreacting with. Even though, they aren’t close. Speaking, talking, touching all those things he is unable to do with her. it hurts. All he can do is watching over, listening to her. Whenever she asks a question, she cannot hear his ridiculous answers, unable to make her smile, not able to give the clingy hugs. He is just unable to be that annoying friend who deeply loves his friend.

Hanbin noticed his long silence. “Say, Mino, is this normal?” when he saw something was getting off with Bobby.

“,” Mino said. “We are screwed literally.” As they both saw Bobby’s legs were slightly disappearing, while he didn’t move an inch. Bobby snapped out his thought. “What is happening to my legs.” Mino got confused, “Wait—You aren’t—”

 

Dahae was walking through the places. She has been thinking about for a while, she should take a job. After all, she doesn’t want to live with her mother or Hodong’s money. Both money, the way it was earned was dirty. She wants some independence, she sighed as she asked a few supermarkets or restaurants if they were looking for new workers. But all weren’t looking for any new workers. She continued her search. Bobby oppa, where are you when I need you the most. Bobby would sure give her a lot of confidence boosts when she is getting rejected so many times.

 

While she was walking, she felt somehow uneasy as she rubbed her arms, today wasn’t chilly. Nevertheless, something runs over her spine. She turned around, no one was there. She shook her feeling off as she continued to walk as she ended by a coffee café. She saw a vacancy for a new employee. She looked to left and right as someone called her name.

She turned around, he looks familiar. “Ahn Dahae, right?” Dahae looked at him with cautious as she nodded slowly. It was that guy from the bus stop, the one who asked “Am I that handsome?” she grew slightly embarrassed as she remembered something else. Yayin told her, she has an older brother, who is also in the same major as her. “You are—” she couldn’t recall his name. “Lin Yanjun, same major and also Yayin’s older brother.” He flashed a nice smile, but Dahae seemed to be unaffected by it. “Ah.”

“You are looking for a job?” he pointed at the vacancy, Dahae kept silent, she isn’t that type of person who shares things that easily. “I know you were, I mean you were looking at it.” he chuckled when she wasn’t responsive as his sister told him.

“Well, I know the café owner, want me to—” Dahae shook her head, “I don’t want others helping me, it would—” Yanjun shook his head, “My sister has described you very well. You should learn to lean on other people when they want to help you, not because of pity, but because they care.” Dahae became silent, depending on someone, she used to depend on a person and she suffers now a great loss from it.

“I—” she hesitated but got interrupted as the owner came out, Zhangjing ge!” as a relatively young-looking guy appeared and smiled widely. “Lin Yanjun, it has been a while.” They shook hands as Zhangjing looked at the young girl who was now a bit flustered. “Who is she?”

“Ah, a junior, who is currently looking for a job, mind to hire her?” Zhangjing looked at her, as he asked, “Any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter