Chapter IV

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Bobby’s legs become normal again. As he looked at the two persons who clearly had a heart attack if they were a human being. Bobby grinned goofily, “Sorry?” Earning the double of flicks on his forehead. “You have to be careful, moron!”

Hanbin swallowed nervously, unable to read Dahae’s expression. From all the girls, he easily could read their expressions, but hers were so poker-faced. However, two people were enjoying the scene. Jinhwan, as the oldest from the group, loves to tease Hanbin. He used to do it a lot to the younger fellow, but it faded because of that one time. Hanbin really appreciated Jinhwan and his effort and tried to cheer him up all the time at that time.

However, how would his group of friends, he isn’t sure if this is a great opportunity to see how this girl would manage the whole gang? Donghyuk and Yunhyeong, the boys with the hidden charms that will knock you down. Junhoe the sassiest guy between all of them and there is Chanwoo who is the youngest, with either an angel or the devil. Well, that is how their ‘groupies’ would describe them. In their opinion, Donghyuk is the smarty pants, Yunhyeong is lip balm addict, Junhoe is the typical neighborhood fool and Chanwoo, he is just the devil.

Bobby was laughing, Hanbin’s friends are cool. He sat with Mino next to them. “I bet that Jinhwan guy set this up to embarrass him,” Mino chuckled.

Dahae bowed her head, “Uhm. This is more than a take out with a—” the boys looked curious how Dahae would finish her sentence. Even Bobby and Mino were intensely listening to her sentence. Hanbin was the most nervous person. “Sunbaenim.” The boys laughed as Hanbin sighed. At least she doesn’t treat him as a stranger. However, this gave him the motivation to be her friend. “I assume, he is older than I am,” she touched the lock of her hair.

“I am a second-year student,” Hanbin said, she nodded. “Then you are a sunbae.” The boys were amused, this girl was really nonchalant and so far away of Hanbin’s typical ‘pick-ups’, Yunhyeong then asked, “Say, how do you take care of your lips so well?” he made a funny gesture with his hands, which was sort of creepily leaning closer to her, she leaned back. “Just lip balm.”

Hanbin scratched his nape, as the food was served. I hate you Jinhwan, and I have to treat you twice for the food. Dahae noticed Hanbin’s nervous behavior, she took swapped the plates with him. “Yah, my chicken,” Hanbin pouted, realizing how he acted. His friends were holding their chuckles, “Mine has some peanuts,” she casually said. “I thought you wanted—”

Bobby furiously shouted, “Yah, are you trying to kill her!” Mino covered his ears. “Jeez, man. Calm your .” Bobby huffed as he crossed his arms, “Dahae has a peanut allergy. Once, I almost killed her. Luckily, she had some medications with her and I quickly sent her to the hospital for a check-up.”

Hanbin had a quick sense, and nodded, “Ah, I will be careful next time.” Dahae simply nodded. The five gentlemen were ignored, as they went ordering their foods and Jinhwan grinned and mouthed to Hanbin, “You will pay this right? Then these kids will be good kids.” Hanbin sighed and nodded, Dahae looked at him. He couldn’t help it to smile. “What would you like to do after lunch?” while he signed beneath the table an ok.

“I think I will go study,” Dahae shortly replied. “Aye, have you ever fun? Like in this evening, such as whack a mole,” Hanbin said. Dahae nodded, thinking when I was with Bobby. Her eyes softened. Bobby smiled, she does remember all the silly stuff that they have done. One of them would whack a mole, that a stupid game with hilarious moments. Bobby remembered the excited Dahae.  

Hanbin noticed her silence, but her expression was really gently and softer, the boys peeked at her. Seeing she was more in a daze a bit, but more surprisingly was her smile, it was so faint but still very pretty. She snapped out of her nostalgic memory and covered , noticing not only Hanbin was looking at her, but his friends also.

 

 

 

Hanbin saw his friends were gawking, but Hanbin knew he said something, that made her remember something back to that guy. She must have an ex-boyfriend or something. He really wonders what kind of person he was. on the other hand, he is curious what he means to her. He is kind of envious of that guy, she just looked so cute whenever she was in a daze.

Dahae looked down and ate her salad, ignoring completely the suggestion of Hanbin. Hanbin chuckled softly as he also ate his lunch. The boys were bored, are they are married for over thirty years or something.

Jisoo clenched the menu cared as she stood up. Hanbin noticed that girl was walking in this direction he grabbed his bag as well Dahae’s bag as he saw Dahae finished her salad and was about to grab a glass of water, he took the chance and grabbed her hand.

“Let’s go!” he hurriedly said, before Dahae could say something, he dragged out of the café, but before that Hanbin said, “Jinhwan hyung, thanks for paying the food!” Jinhwan wanted to say something as Junhoe covered his mouth, “Sssh, hyung is having a date escape from that girl,” Jinhwan saw Jisoo was looking baffled. He grinned, enjoy your little date, Hanbin.

 

as Dahae and Hanbin were running, well Bobby and Mino.

Dahae inhaled deeply as she tried to catch her breath, “Yah, what was—” Hanbin grinned, “Oh, there is a game arcade,” he pulled her, Dahae looked at him with a confused expression, he pinched her cheeks, “Come on, this will be fun!” Dahae said, “Hanbin sunbae—”

“Can’t you just call me oppa? Sunbae seems so distantly,” Dahae grabbed her bag from him. “Well, we are still strangers.” Bobby was enjoying this scene. Dahae’s straightforwardness hasn’t changed in these three years. He walked along, something about Hanbin reflected back on his days that he has spent with Dahae.

Hanbin smiled, “That’s right, we are strangers. Just people from the same university.” Dahae gave hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter