Chapter II

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahae walked towards a nearby bus stop while wearing her earphones. She checked herself in as she walked inside, sitting alone. She looked outside, today it was a quite good weather. She smiled a bit. Wished he could see it too. He would be the whole day happy, she sighed deeply as she grabbed her phone.

Bobby sat next to her, watching her so closely, she looked prettier in those three years that he has been missing. When he wanted to poke her face like he used to do, he stopped. Remembering Mino’s words. Even though, he was sitting behind them, ‘Human can’t feel your touch, hear, or sense you are here. You are just invisible to them.’ His mission now was to make Dahae happy with…

He sighed, as he watched her side profile, “You should fall in love with someone else that can protect you, Dahae,” he softly said.

His eyes showed some grief, but he smiled, noticing her usual expression, it may look for others a cold expression, but he knew she was just thinking and more importantly, thinking about him. he knew her too well, he knew she would know he would be shamelessly loud about how great today’s weather is because it is really a great day.

 

Dahae walked around the campus, she is still not familiar here. Looking from her left to right, which side was her department building again? She saw a guy standing by the announcement board. He looked nice and not judgmental. She approached him as she tapped his arm gently. The guy looked at her with a surprised expression, “Uhm, hi, could you mind help me finding this department?” she awkwardly looked down. The guy chuckled softly, “Oh, you are the same major as I am. I can walk with you if you want.” She looked up, “Really?” He nodded, “As a senior, I should be helpful for once,” he joked. She bowed her head, “Thank you.”

As they were walking, Dahae noticed some glances of girls at her. The guy said, “This is your classroom, your next one is above.” She nodded, “Thank you, sunbae-nim.” He laughed, “Just call me Jinhwan or oppa.” She shook her head. “Still thank you, Jinhwan sunbae.” She faintly smiled as she walked in. Jinhwan scratched his nape as he noticed something was dropped, it was handkerchief with small bunny stitched.

Bobby noticed that handkerchief. It was his present for her. “Aish, give it back, you er.” He muttered. Mino sighed, “How many times do I have to tell you, no one can hear you.” Bobby grumpy went into Dahae’s classroom. His grumpiness faded as he noticed Dahae all by her alone. Mino patted his shoulder, “Remember, no one will ever notice you, but your will can change somethings. Like, you are a ghost.” Bobby chuckled, “Like paranormal activities but this time I am one of them.”

As he seated next to her, leaning on his arms, watching her concentrated at her class, he missed this position. When they were younger, they would study like this. He is lazy and she, the one who works hard, this nostalgic feeling feels so real and familiar. Mino, who sat behind, smiled. Bobby’s heart feels at peace with this situation. For the past couple of hours, he was worried about his heart condition. This is something he couldn’t handle for a long period. It could be fatal.

“Awh, how cute,” Junhoe stole Dahae’s handkerchief out of Jinhwan’s hand. “Shut up, June, it is a girl,” Jinhwan took it back. “Oooh, from a girl,” his friends whistled. “A girl dared to approach you?” Yunhyeong chuckled amusedly. “I know right, that is the weirdest part,” JInhwan remarked.

“Though she is a freshman. However, she is not the type that would hang with the girls here. She looked a bit lonely,” Jinhwan said. “However, if she put some effort in her looks, she could be one of the hottest freshman around,” he cheekily said.

“Aye, we need to protect Chanwoo before he sees the hottest girl here,” Junhoe joked. “That kid is studying his off, Donghyuk, you should help him,” Hanbin joked.

Donghyuk attempt to kick him, but Hanbin dodged as Jinhwan said, “Oh that is the girl, she must be searching for it.” As Hanbin turned his head, seeing a girl with long brown hair, wearing just a skinny jean, a big hoodie, and sneakers that were looking on every inch of the ground. Hanbin took the handkerchief from Jinhwan. “Oh, hyung what are you going to do?” Donghyuk asked.

Bobby noticed that guy who is approaching her. Shoot, what to do, he will scare her with the sudden approach. He remembered that he used to do for joking, but when he is not joking, he doesn’t do it. She will kick him or hit him. He saw a can lying close to him, Mino looked weird at him, as he saw Bobby kicked to it. “What are you doing?”

“Trying to help him?” he said. “By what?” Mino asked. “By making him fall and being a fool.” Mino gave him a what-the-heck face. Bobby said, “Come on, I am a ghost, I can go spooky, right?” Mino said, “Seriously, a pun?”

As Bobby predicted, Hanbin stepped somehow on the can that randomly rolled and he tripped. Dahae saw a guy laying down as from a distance people were laughing, it was probably his friends as they shouted, “Smooth Hanbin!” So, his name is Hanbin.

She kneeled down, “Are you okay?” as he lifted his head up, their eyes met. Dahae broke immediately the eye contact, it was the exact same eyes, or better to say, the same guy from last night. Hanbin quickly stood up as he dusted off the dirt as he asked, “Don’t you recognize me?”

Dahae saw the handkerchief, “Ah,” she wanted to grab it from his hand, but Hanbin has quick reflexes as he grinned and held it above his head. The pain of being a shorty Dahae jumped and when she gave up. She lowered her head, “H-Hanbin-ssi, may I have it back?” Hanbin raised his eyebrow. She didn’t look like the one who fights back or goes into a discussion. He chuckled softly as he saw her hands were towards him, asking really to give it back. He placed into her hand, “May I know your name then?”

Mino snorted, “So smooth,” Bobby laughed too, that was really the worst smooth move ever. Mino stood next to him, “You surely need some classes.” Bobby nodded, “Dahae-ah wouldn’t say her name even with that.”

Dahae smiled faintly when she received as she bowed, “Thank you, Hanbin-ssi,” as she turned around. Hanbin looked dumbfounded. “Aye, aye, aye,” he hurriedly walked behind her, she turned her head, “I said thank you,” Hanbin shook his head, “I want to know your name.”

Bobby said, “Your chances after knowing her name is really low.”  Mino shook his head, “Aren’t you supposed to help him?” Bobby looked at Mino, “I don’t trust this guy. I mean look at him and his friends, bad influence for sure!” Mino pinched his nose bridge, “Bobby, who is suitable for her?”

“Not him.”

Dahae said, “Ahn Dahae, so don’t follow me.” She turned her head back and walked ahead. Hanbin didn’t want to, he was grinning like a . Ahn Dahae, he walked back towards his friends, “You are such a loser,” Jinhwan chuckled as Hanbin put him in a headlock, “If I am a loser, how could I know her name,” Jinhwan laughed, “Fine, fine, you ain't-a loser, I surrender.”

 

Dahae was walking with her books in her arms, as suddenly a gang walked towards her. She stopped with walking when they blocked her path. Out of blue, one of them whacked her books out of her arms. Dahae just glanced at them.

Bobby was walking behind her. When he saw that happening, he madly stood in front of them, as he realized, no one could see him. The leader was glaring straight at him to Dahae. He turned his head, seeing Dahae’s fearless expression. It wasn’t unusual for her to get picked on. She was an easy target, she doesn’t speak up, does

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter