Chapter I

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three years have passed away, as she looked around her. A new territory, four years of the possibility of lack of sleep, stress, and drinks. It could be your second year here. You could be a senior that was proud to show off his campus to his junior. She bit her lower lip as she passed through some students. How could she continue to live like this?

 

He was sitting in a dark area. He doesn’t know how long he has been here. He has been wondering, why he has been stuck here for a while. Am I dead? He questioned himself many times, but he denied it afterward. I ain’t death, he always assured himself. However, he sighed deeply, looking to his left and right side. Nothing, it was bloody hell silent. He was sitting on the ground. Wait, is this even ground? He sighed deeply again. How is Ahn Dahae doing? Is she happy?  I wish I could see her.

He had thrown some tantrums, but all useless. He felt he went crazy, crazy in this crap, all he could do was sit and wait. Where is he? He ruffled through his hair, he stretched himself out as he lied down as he heard finally someone breaking the silence, he awfully hated it. Listening from his voice, “My Lady, this has gone too long, can’t we just say something now?” He looked around him, “Who the said that?” he snarled. On his guard he stood up, a misty fog appeared. Two people appeared, wearing a huge cape covering their faces.

He furrowed his eyebrows, “Who—“

“Silence,” the guy spoke, he closed his mouth, I ain’t got time for this , or am I tripping? “Kim Jiwon,” the lady spoke. “Well you can say Bobby actually,” he said as the guy facepalmed himself. “My Lady, am I really assigned to this guy?”

Bobby said, “Should I be offended by you, you don’t look neither smart.” The Lady sighed, “Bobby, do you even know where you are?” The guy looked around, “Not home for sure,” he remarked.

The Lady shook her head, “Bobby, you are at the Unknown. You are a ghost.” Bobby nodded, “Cool, I am a—” wait woman said what? “G-g-ghost?” he stammered. “Yes, your soul didn’t accept the way you passed away. That is why you are here. You have a regret that you could not let go of it.”

Bobby cocked his head a bit, “Regret?”

“Mino here will guide you,” as she vanished into thin air, leaving the clueless Bobby. “So, you are Mino. Are you an angel? Man, then you are not the innocent angels that I thought they would be.” Mino mentally face palmed himself, why did the Lady pick him for his assignment.

 

Dahae sat on the bench alone. It seemed everyone has found their clique to fit in. she is truly an outside. Well, she doesn’t look like she belongs here anyway. Everyone looked so well dressed. They had really the look that you would see in a popular Korean drama. Again, she bit her lower lip, if he was with her. She wouldn’t feel this lonely. She took a deep breath. She wouldn’t feel this lonely as she grabbed her phone. The last picture they took before he passed away. It was a brief moment of happiness.

Somehow, she misses his warm hugs or his stupid grins whenever he got the opportunity to , especially about her unladylike looks. She looked again to her left and right, tugging the edges of her sleeves. Noticing, she is really the number one most awkward human on this campus. What would Bobby do? Does he even miss me, she asked herself, as she looked at the picture, biting her lower lip. He would definitely try to push her boundaries but with patience. He would embrace her, patting her head like a small kid, what would make her feel secure in his arms.

I wish you were still by my side.

 

“So,” Bobby asked Mino. “What now?” Mino desperately wants to punch that guy, because of is stupidity. “Bobby, do you even know why you are here?” Bobby shrugged nonchalantly, “I don’t know, you should tell me.” Mino slapped on his forehead in despair. They have been like this for a while. “Bobby, there is something that you left with regret before you passed away.”

“What that lady wasn’t joking about me passing away, I am—” he hesitated to say it, as Mino could see he definitely regrets something as it is starting to hit him right now. “Yes, you passed away but your soul is unwilling to let go of that side. There is a reason that you can’t let go.” Bobby frowned as he crossed his arms together, “But why did you guys just appeared now, like it could go faster.”

“Bobby, you didn’t realize, that you have been dead. You have been running in circles for three years here.”

Bobby looked at him, three years? “That is really a long time.”

“Bobby,” Mino looked at him, “How stupid are you?”

Bobby remembered Dahae would say that to him all the time. He grinned sheepishly as Mino said, “That is not something to laugh at it.” Bobby shook his head, “No, I am laughing because someone who I hold so dear to me, told me every single time whenever we meet.” His gaze softened as Mino sensed that could be the source of him unwilling to let go.

“Bobby could tell me more about that person, who is that person that you hold so dearly.” Bobby chuckled softly, “Her name is Ahn Dahae, my best friend in the universe. She is really an introverted person, but once you know her. She is the goofiest person you ever have met. She would laugh at all your lame jokes, but she listens to your worries. She is the most kind-hearted angel I ever know. I promised her to be at her side forever.”

Mino heard the sentence, as he repeated a few, “Hold on, what did you just say?”

“She is an introverted person,” Bobby cluelessly answered. “No, after that,” Bobby was thinking, “She is a kind-hearted angel?” Mino frustratingly said, “No, the last part.” Bobby said, “I promised her to be at her side forever.” Mino snapped with his fingers, “Bingo, it is because the promise that you made with her.”

Bobby looked at him, “What?” Mino flicked his forehead, “Use your brain for God of sake, but you made a promise to her, right?” Bobby nodded. “You are unable to let her go, because of that promise.” Bobby laughed, “That sounds really stupid.” Mino said, “Bobby, do you care a lot about Dahae?” Bobby nodded, “She is the one I would die for.” Mino said, “Did you jump into something for her.” Bobby was thinking as he carefully said, “Yeah, you could say that.” Mino carefully said, “Bobby, you died for her, but base on your feelings, your soul didn’t accept your fate and wanted a second option, which it is choosing to be here because you are unable to let her go.”

Bobby waved with his hands to him, “What kind of are you talking, she is like—” Mino gave him a look as Bobby cowered a bit, “Bobby, be honest.” He hesitated as he admitted, “Yes. A part of me, don’t want to believe it. It feels like the unclear end.”

Mino patted his shoulder, “Well, let’s say you have actually now a temporary heart, it doesn’t beat like it used to be. However, it is a sign that you aren’t dead nor alive. But there is a mission that you have to do to get you into heaven.” Bobby looked at him, “And what if I don’t do it or be unable to it.” Mino stayed silent, Bobby disliked that long silent. “Yah, Mino, tell me. I can handle the truth.”

“You may stick here for a long time as one of the lost souls that have failed before you. You cannot either enter hell or heaven. You just wander here alone for a long time.” Bobby stayed silent, “That is deep if I ended up there.”

Mino nodded, “I don’t want to let you down, so don’t let me down, deal?” Bobby nodded. “So what do we have to do now?” Mino swung gently his arm above the ground, “We have to look what we have to do for your dearest person. Can you handle it?” Bobby tilted his head, “What do you even mean.”

“Remember, you passed away three years ago. Everyone could have changed and some changes are not pleasan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter