Chapter III

Safe Haven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahae turned around, he was walking towards her. Dahae felt the urgency to run away as fast as she could, but her feet were like glue on the ground. He was smiling at her as he gently ruffled her hair but it slowly it becomes a soft caress down to the edge of her hair. “Dahae-ah, you have grown up so beautifully,” he softly said. Dahae felt the shiver through her sine in a bad way, “Uncle, what are you doing here? Aren’t you busy with your work?”

Hodong said, “Just finished today. Dahae-ah, aren’t you hungry? Shall I treat you to dinner?” Dahae shook her head. Knowing his hidden intention, she has to lie. Being with him, she rather starves herself. “Aye, Dahae-ah,” he was about to place his hand on her shoulder. Dahae swiftly took a step back, “Ah, I forgot something at university. I have to go back.” She bowed and walked away.

Meanwhile, Bobby was just kicking that ’s and putting on weird facial expression. Mino shook his head, “Bobby, how old are you?” Bobby answered, “Twenty if I was alive.” Mino sighed, “Sometimes, I am glad we are invisible here.” As suddenly someone stood behind Mino. “Mino,” a cold voice spoke his name. Bobby turned his head and saw Mino’s scared face as he waved, “Hi, Lady~”

 

Dahae stopped walking and entered a café. She has been walking for a long time since she stepped out too early from the bus. Aish, how can I avoid that man? She ruffled her hair as she ordered a coffee while she sat down on a spot where it was pretty empty. She was lying on her left arm, holding her phone up. Looking through some pictures, she heard someone saying, “Sir, we do not accept this,” Dahae saw it was him again. Oh great, what kind of fate do I have? Dahae saw Hanbin ruffled his hair, well he looked somehow too fancy and she remembered what she saw. She stood up, “Uh, I will pay,” she took a few notes and paid. Hanbin saw it was Dahae who saved his .

“Oh,” he rubbed embarrassedly his nape, Dahae nodded as she walked towards her place. Hanbin quickly followed her. “I will pay you back.” Dahae shook her head, “It is fine.” Dahae sat down as Hanbin took the seat of the opposite direction of her. She looked at him. “Aren’t you going back to your people?” she asked too early. Noticing his stiff expression as he chuckled bitterly, “Nah, they won’t miss me. But let’s not talk about that.” He knew girls would still continuously asking, why and—

“Sure,” she nodded, Hanbin tilted his head. This girl is really different. Dahae grabbed her books as she knew his situation, she prefers not to talk with other people about her home situation. “Aren’t you going home? I mean classes—”

“Nope,” she shortly replied as she read the new materials, “Why?” Dahae ignored him. Hanbin tilted his head to able to see her so focused on studying. But he was studying her face, she has actually long lashes, natural reddish lips, fair skin, very long brown-dyed hair. She looked up. noticing his stare. it reminds me how Bobby used to do that and he would quickly grin like a fool. Which Hanbin also did. Her expression softened at that nostalgic feeling. Hanbin noticed, but she changed quickly her expression and looked down. He thought she must have someone in her mind, her boyfriend?

Wait, does it mean she is taken? He leaned on his arms, while he kept staring at her. Something about her made him curious about her more and more. Most girls would die for it to be able to get his attention and you know hook up with some nights. Something that he isn’t proud of it, but regardless of that, he seems still somewhat empty inside. Using his charms, power and image is something that has been taught by his parents.

Dahae felt her heart tightened of the memories that were appearing in her mind. The pain that she has been hiding, were slightly appearing. She looked back up, meeting his eyes again. Hanbin definitely that tiny spark as Dahae shook her head and started to pack her stuff. Causing him to be confused, “I should go home,” she softly said. Hanbin quickly thinks of an opportunity. “How about me bringing you home?”

The answer would be obvious as he did the same thing, taking her bag and said, “You can’t say no now.” Dahae wanted to argue, but she knew by the first try that he did. She didn’t have it back. She walked ahead, Hanbin followed her. As they were walking, “Aren’t you too dressed up?” Dahae asked, noticing a few people were glancing at her. Hanbin chuckled softly, at least she tried to have a normal conversation with him. “Well, you saw me,” Dahe nodded, back of her head, she knew Hanbin would have troubles at home, but she won’t ask. She knows how it feels when a home doesn’t feel like home. “I did,” she looked at her side, watching Hanbin looked on the road. Being cautious, she chuckled softly. She could understand that feeling of feeling unsafe.

Hanbin heard that delicate chuckle, seeing it was coming from Dahae. It was genuine and quite cute, it was like a soft giggle. Somehow, he felt at peace. He doesn’t need to be a try-hard nor being someone else. He turned his head, she turned her head back. He shook his head, she is somehow cute.

They suddenly heard someone calling his name loudly behind them. “Hanbin!”

 

“Whoa, we are back here.” Bobby nodded, nothing has changed though, he thought. The Lady put her hood off, “Mino, do have any clue what you are supposed to do?” Mino scratched his nape. “Uh, he should find someone—”

She flicked his forehead, “You are dumber than Sunghoon.” Mino rubbed his forehead, as she flicked her forehead again. “Or maybe dumber than Jiwoo.” He rubbed again his bruised forehead, “I am sorry, my Lady.” Bobby said, “No one can—”

She flicked also his forehead, “Are you blind, you already met the one.” Bobby and Mino looked confused. “What?”

“Hold on, lady. What do you mean? I know I am dead for three years, but come on. You expect me to understand this in like two days. I am new to this .”

The Lady sighed, “Mino, did you actually pay attention what I told you?” Mino honestly answered no. She sighed again, “Seems I have to explain it from the start.” Bobby tilted his head, “Can I at least know your name, because to say Miss Ghost, but you aren’t a ghost but I don’t want to be rude to you.”

“I will explain everything, and we will have some tea to kill some time when both of you are going to listen.” She smiled, but Mino knew that smile, it was a warning smile for if you don’t listen well…yeah, he already screwed up.

Bobby nodded, “Sounds good, to have a tea party.”

Bobby was amazed, “Whoa, this place is suddenly a paradise feeling and so girly,” Mino tugged his sleeve to shut up, but Bobby put his arm around the Lady. “So, where is that tea party.” Mino wanted to kill him now, why is so carefree.

The Lady put h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter