Chapter 74

Attayear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was sleeping peacefully when Baekhyun shook Jinsu awake.

“Food?” he asked in a whisper.  Jinsu shook her head.  She wasn’t that hungry, and besides, it was way too comfortable tucked into Chanyeol’s side.  If she decided to eat, she’d have to give that up.

Baekhyun looked on the brink of telling her she needed to eat, but then he perched himself on the side of the bed, reaching out to push stray strands of hair off Jinsu’s face.

“You going to stay here for the night?”  His voice was still barely above a whisper.  “Sehun and I can find an empty room.”

Jinsu blinked at him, considering.  She could go back to her room, or she could stay with Chanyeol and his warm, comforting presence.

It wasn’t exactly a difficult choice.  She shifted, the arm that was around Chanyeol’s middle dropping back towards her a little.

Baekhyun sighed.  “Jongdae is going to skin me if he finds you not in your room and thinks I’m with you.”

Jinsu smiled drowsily at him.

“Can I have a kiss before I leave you, then?”

Touched that he’d asked, Jinsu nodded.  Baekhyun leant down, supporting himself with a hand on the bed, and kissed her.  She’d expected a light peck on the lips, but it appeared Baekhyun would have preferred to make out if Chanyeol hadn’t been sleeping beside them.

“Sleep well,” he murmured as he pulled back, pausing to press his lips to her forehead and tuck her in properly.  “If you get hungry, I’ve left you food in the fridge.”

 

When Jinsu woke up to loud voices, it was eight hours later.

“Mirror, mirror, on the wall, which is the fairest of them all?” Sehun’s voice demanded melodramatically and at far too loud a volume.

“Sehun, put the godd*mn mirror down and shut up, for ’s sake—”

“Wrong!” trilled Sehun in delight.  “Baekhyun, how could you?  Your girlfriend is two feet away and you won’t even answer the question and say she’s the fairest of them all?  I’d dump you if I were her.”

Jinsu cracked an eye open.  Sehun was sitting cross-legged and topless on Baekhyun’s bed with a mischievous grin that reminded Jinsu a bit too much of Kyungsoo, and he was holding up a hand mirror he must have nicked from her bathroom.  Baekhyun was between his bed and Chanyeol’s, just finishing pulling a polo shirt on and looking like he was contemplating murder.  At first Jinsu assumed that Sehun must have been getting on his nerves for several hours, but a much more obvious reason made itself known seconds later.

“What girlfriend?” asked Chanyeol’s voice.  Jinsu hadn’t even realised that he was awake.  Though, to be fair, given how loud Sehun had been, it was hardly a surprise.

Baekhyun spared a glance in Chanyeol’s direction before glaring back at Sehun and straightening out his collar.  “ you,” he said irritably.  Sehun hooted with glee.

Chanyeol started to sit up.  “Whoa, wait.  If you’ve been hitting on my cousin—”

The door slammed open, revealing Jongdae armed with his bow, an arrow already nocked.  They barely all had time to register the sight before he took the arrow off the string and plopped it back into its quiver on his back.

“This is not quite what I had expected,” he admitted, “but I’ll agree it’s better.”

He was met with a nonplussed silence.

“What were you expecting?” asked Chanyeol.

“Well,” said Jongdae, and Jinsu immediately cringed, “Jinsu in Baekhyun’s bed, to be totally honest.”

Baekhyun groaned and slapped his hands over his burning face, plopping down on the floor in mortification as Sehun snickered and Chanyeol spluttered in disbelief and horror.

“As Jinsu’s surrogate big brother, I thought this might be an appropriate response to such a situation,” Jongdae went on, gesturing to his bow.  Sehun’s snickers turn into proper laughter.

Chanyeol turned to Jinsu for an explanation.  Jinsu carefully shrank down into the bed until the duvet was over her head.

“Baekhyun?” he demanded instead, his tone bordering on threatening.

“No!” Baekhyun wailed.  “I hate everybody!”

“Except Jinsu,” Jongdae and Sehun chimed in simultaneously.

“Please just p*ss off.”

“Nope!”  Sehun sounded way too happy.  “My room too!”

Chanyeol decided to appeal to the general public.  “Can somebody explain what’s going on?  I think I’m missing out on something here.”

“Basically,” said Jongdae, “you’ve been dead for a couple of weeks, and Sehun and I got left in Genghis Khan’s time in Mongolia while Jinsu and Baekhyun had some scraps with Minhwan and Youngdo and got catapulted into the future and for some very strange reason decided to get together.”

There was a thud and Baekhyun groaned again.

“Man down!” Jongdae yelled immediately, leaping on him.

Chanyeol whipped the duvet off Jinsu’s head as Sehun snickered, finally getting up to put on a shirt, while Jongdae and Baekhyun rolled round on the floor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter