Chapter 77

Attayear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Rise and shine!”

The morning started with a bang as Jongdae flung Jinsu’s bedroom door open.  She would have thrown her pillow at him, but she realised just in time that he was bearing a tray of food and held her fire.  A moment later, Jongdae was knocked out of pride of place in the doorway by an incoming Jongin, who launched himself over the threshold and straight onto Jinsu’s bed.

“You died!” he yelled.  “And why the are you dating Baekhyun?”

Jinsu spluttered for breath as he bounced and landed on her, squeezing his arms around her so tightly that her vision sparked.

“Because I’m hot,” said Baekhyun’s voice.  He sounded insulted.

“Better looking than me, apparently.”  Sehun had joined.

“Jinsu did actually say that,” Jongdae added.  “And I hear you’ve beaten my glorious biceps.  Congratulations.”

There was a yelp, which caused  Jongin to let go of Jinsu and look up for the source of the disturbance.  Jinsu took the opportunity to wriggle free and look as well.

“Don’t pinch, Chanyeol, that’s all real muscle!” Jongdae protested, trying to hide behind a very unamused-looking Baekhyun.  Arms folded across his chest, Baekhyun stepped out of the way to allow Chanyeol access.  Looking like he was contemplating throwing the breakfast tray to give him his arms as weapons, Jongdae bolted.  He ended up piling onto the bed on top of Jongin, sending him sprawling on Jinsu again, with the food jumping on its plates.

“Dig in!” Jongdae told Jinsu enthusiastically as he shoved the tray under Jinsu’s nose.  “We got Baekhyun to cook for you.”

Jinsu eyed the ridiculous amount of food on the tray and then looked back at Jongdae.

“Baekhyun knows I can’t eat this much.  You’re cribbing food again.”

“Yep,” said Jongdae shamelessly.  “Chanyeol found – Chanyeol, show her.”

With a flourish, Chanyeol produced a sellotaped piece of paper from his pocket.  Baekhyun was fuming in the corner and Jongin and Sehun looked like they were trying to withhold laughter.

“Congratulations!”  Chanyeol intoned in his best MC voice.  “You have won grumpy slave-for-a-day Baekhyun—”

“Wait,” said Jinsu, catching sight of the repaired rip.  “What are you doing with that?  I was saving it for Kyungsoo—”

“ no you weren’t!” Baekhyun blurted out in alarm before clapping his hands over his mouth.  Jongin and Jongdae both sat up indignantly.

“Is that any way to talk to your girlfriend?” Jongin asked.

“Is that any way to talk to my cousin?” Chanyeol demanded.  Baekhyun shrank further into the corner.

“Minseok said we couldn’t actually use it,” Jongdae told Jinsu with some regret, “but Sehun has a lot of blackmail material, so Baek has agreed to be our slave for the day.”

“No I didn’t!” Baekhyun objected.

“Oh, fine,” said Sehun glibly.  “Jinsu, did you know Baekhyun mfftshdu—”

Baekhyun all but wrestled him out of the room with his hand over Sehun’s mouth.  Sensing more chaos on the horizon, Jinsu took the tray of food out of Jongdae’s hands.

“Okay, you guys take what you want, but leave enough for me and Baek.  And when you’ve got your food, do you mind leaving the two of us alone just for a bit?”

The door smashed back open just in time for Sehun to hear as he made a bid for freedom, and he promptly shut Baekhyun out.

“In your room?” he asked.  “Scandalous.”

“I insist on being a chaperone,” Chanyeol chipped in immediately, “since I’m the only member of the family here.”

“Chanyeol, there is a queue for threesomes,” Jongdae said with a completely serious face.

“Yeah, why do you want to be left alone with Baekhyun?” asked Jongin.

Jinsu nearly groaned, but she was saved by Baekhyun managing to force the door open and attention returning to him.

Sehun whirled around.

“Stop!” he commanded, blocking Baekhyun from re-entering.  “Are your intentions pure?”

Baekhyun drew back and stared up at him.  “Dude, what the ?”

Sehun reeled back in mock horror.  “Oh my good gracious me, you said the F-word!  You are the furthest thing from pure I have ever had the displeasure to encounter, you disgraceful creature!”

Shaking his head, Baekhyun ducked under Sehun’s arm as the boy melodramatically made to shut the door.  Jongdae turned to Jinsu with a chuckle.

“No can do for private time, sweetie,” he said.  “We’re half an hour from landing and we have orders from Minseok to beautify you.”

As one, the boys all turned to look at Baekhyun, who’d gone over to Jinsu’s cupboards and was busy looking through clothes.  Sensing a pause, he turned around.

“Minseok actually said to make her look powerful,” he corrected.

“Baekhyun.”  Jongdae facepalmed.  “That was your moment to say you thought Jinsu already looked beautiful.”

Baekhyun shot him a flat look.  “And what made you think I was going to fall for that?  An audience doesn’t make me saying it more valid and I already tell her when I think she looks good.”

“How are we going to go about beautifying her?” Jongin asked.  “Or powerfying her?”

All the boys looked completely blank.

“Wait,” said Jongin eventually.  “I forgot – Jinsu, you’re a girl.  We don’t have to worry.  You’re okay at doing this kind of stuff by yourself, right?”

Jinsu looked at him for a lon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter