Special: Dear Santa

G-Tae Song Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Santa

 

Dear Santa

Could you please lend me your ear?

I got a wish for you to hear

It hasn’t been my kind of year

Click on this link, plug in your ear/headphones, and bless your ears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL34w0xql7s

 

 

It was 11:30 pm on Christmas eve.
 

White snow blanketed the roads and buildings of the ever so busy city of Seoul. Some people were bundled up outside wearing thick parkas and equally thick scarves that covered half of their faces. Some people were bundled up inside wearing their Christmas-y pajamas and excitedly waiting for the clock to strike 12.


Taeyeon however was not exactly waiting for the clock to strike 12. She was simply writing on her coffee table in her Christmas attire - the red pajamas she wore in the Dear Santa music video. For the sake of celebrating the Christmas holiday, she bound her hair up into the “reindeer buns” that was also done for Dear Santa.


There was a light happiness that filled her up as she wrote a letter to Santa.


It was a bit embarrassing, but she felt that it was an appropriate way to start Christmas.


Dear Santa, she wrote.


2015 was a hard yet happy year. I started the year by collaborating with Amber for Shake That Brass - it fills me with joy to see how hard all the hoobaedeul are working. It really inspired me to work hard this year. Anyway, I took a break after and in summer, SNSD made our first comeback as a group of eight with PARTY. That song was relatively successful, but I think the most important thing was for us to have fun and enjoy performing. PARTY really helped with that. Then after, we took a short break and came back with Lion Heart and You Think. Despite me not liking Lion Heart, it was a hit for us, and that really lifted our spirits. It was then we knew that our fans still loved us despite all that had happened.


After SNSD’s comeback, I made my solo debut with I. I was very nervous to perform by myself. It was the first time I was actually performing a song that I could call my own! While I have recorded OST’s and sang them in front of a crowd several times, it wasn’t… really an accomplishment? I don’t know how to phrase it, but the success I had with I really felt big. I remember Kim Youngmin sajang-nim asking me about making my solo debut in early 2015. I was nervous but very very excited. I wanted to make my debut different from SNSD. I wanted my solo debut to be something that represented Kim Taeyeon. And I’m proud to say I, allowed me to accomplish and reach that goal.


Then for the Christmas holidays, TTS launched our Christmas album, Dear Santa! We only promoted that song for a short period of time because of SNSD’s world tour, Phantasia! Overall, I am very pleased with this year in terms of my career. I hope to continue pleasing our fans and fulfilling my dream as a singer with a happy and focused heart.


Despite my promising career in 2015, I wasn’t exactly happy in the first half of the year. I had broken up with Baekhyun after trying to reconcile our broken relationship many times. We ended things on friendly terms and remain close. It was one of the best breakups I’ve had in my life. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter