Chapter 6

Truths And Lies

A/N: WARNING: This chapter has a bit of a "heated, steamy, moment." ;)

The next morning was day 2 of the tournament and it was Eunhyuk's turn for battles. After Kourtney asked him if he was nervous, he said he wasn't, having gained confidence after watching Ryeowook win his battles the day before. After wishing him luck, she made her way to the stadium with Mark, where they met up with their packs, as well as Onew's pack and Namjoon's clan. 

Key greeted Kourtney with a hug. "How've you been?" He asked.

Kourtney shrugged. "Good. Council hasn't driven me crazy yet."

Key scowled. "I still can't believe they made you two stay there."

"They feel we're safe there, I guess."

Key rolled his eyes. "And staying in a hotel filled with packs and clans isn't?" He scoffed. "If anything, that's an insult to all of us."

Kourtney smiled. "Since when did you care about what the Council thought?"

Key rolled his eyes. "I still don't. I just don't like being insulted."

Kourtney thought back to her first encounter with Onew's pack and how Jonghyun had playfully insulted Key and chuckled. "Yeah, that I know."

Key rolled his eyes again, ruffled her hair, then went to sit with his pack in the stands. Kourtney glanced over at Namjoon's clan and eyed the two clan members that had her curious and confused. She went over to Lay and pulled his aside.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"What did Saemin want you for yesterday?" Kourtney asked.

"Migraine." Lay quickly answered.

Kourtney eyed him suspiciously. "Really?"

"She gets them a lot and wanted to ask for a potion in private. She hates looking weak in front her clan, especially Yoongi."

"Then what were you smiling for?" She knew something was up and wanted to figure out what.

Lay avoided her eyes. "I was just happy seeing everyone together."

Kourtney shook her head. "You were only smiling at Saemin." Lay sighed. "Come on, Lay. What's up?"

Lay glanced over at the two lovers, Saemin sitting on her mate's lap, before dragging Kourtney farther away, where no one couldh ear them.

"You can't tell anyone, okay? I promsied Saemin I'd keep it quiet."

Kourtney nodded. "Okay, I promise to keep it quiet. So, what is it?"

Lay smiled. "Saemin's two week's pregnant." 

Kourtney covered in surprise, eyes wide. 

"She told Yoongi last night and the two will tell everyone at the end of the tournament...if no one figures it out by then."

Kourtney shook her head in disbelief. "I can't believe it. They're both eighteen." She glanced over at the two. "Are they even ready?"

Lay followed her gaze. "It was...unexpected. But they'll be fine. The clan'll help out. Jin and Yunseo especially will be big helpers."

Kourtney nodded. "The beauty of being in a pack or clan. Baby helpers."

Lay chuckled. "Yeah."

They returned to the pack to watch the battles. Eunhyuk easily won, being one of the stronger fighters in the Council. Afterwards, Kourtney and her pack went out to eat lunch at a fancy restaurant. Afterwards, she and Chen snuck off again, this time to the park. They sat on the grass under the shade of a tree, Kourtney resting her head on his shoulder, his arm around her. 

"I wish I could freeze time right now, like Tao can." Kourtney sighed.

Chen chuckled. "Your limit would be like his, though. You wouldn't be able to do it for long."

Kourtney rolled her eyes. "I know that. Sorry for trying to be romantic."

Chen smirked, leaning in to kiss her cheek. "I'm just messing with you. I feel the same way. However, I'd like to freeze a different moment."

"Oh, and what's that?"

Chen leaned in closer. "This." 

Then he kissed her. 

It wasn't their usual sweet, soft, gentle kiss. It was the exact opposite.

It was wild, aggressive, and passionate.

After a few minutes, they pulled away and Kourtney saw the look in Chen's eyes. They seemed almost wolf-like, full of hunger and desire. He stood up, pulling her with him, and she followed as he led her into the nearby forest, the one they had first secretly met at. They ran for a while, making sure to far into the forest, before Chen turned around and caught Kourtney in another fiery kiss, his hands moving around her body. Soon, Chen was lying on his back on the forest ground, shirtless, as Kourtney straddled him, the two continuing to fiercly make out.

It was getting really hot and Kourtney felt Chen's hands all around her body. For a moment, she gave into it, her animal insticts taking over. Then slowly...very slowly, Kourtney pulled away. She wanted it. She really did. But thoughts of what could happen flew through her mind. She had just found out that Saemin was pregnant, plus that it wasn't planned. The same thing could happen to them.

And if it did, the consequences would not be good.

"Chen..." She whispered as Chen leaned up to kiss at her neck. "We...we can't."

Chen pulled back, sighing. "I know."

Kourtney climbed off of him and he sat up, brushing some hair out of her face.

"Sorry." He said. "I didn't mean-"

"Don't apologzie." Kourtney scooted over to him, cuddling to his side. "We're wolves." She chuckled. "Our instincts just took over for a minute."

Chen pulled her even closer to him and moved so they were leaning against a tree. "I never thought of it like that."

Kourtney closed her eyes, soon finding herself dozing off, listening to Chen sweetly hum a song.

..........

Later that night, the first celebration dinner was held. Kourtney learned that there wold be one every two nights, dedicated to celebrating the tournament's results. Tonight, the spotlight was on Ryeowook and Eunhyuk. Heechul did a toast for them both, since they were vampires, then dinner was served. 

Before dessert was served, there was a special performance by Henry. He first performed a song alongside his fellow Councilman, Kyuhyun as well as Taemin. He then finished it off with an amazing violin performance of "Smooth Criminal." (A/N: See Henry's TRAP and The powerful Violin performance.) Kourtney was actually in awe at the performance. She had been told that Henry played the violin, but she had no idea it was at that level. 

And to be honest...she didn't think he was really that much of a brat. Sure, he was a bit arrogant and, according to Eunhyuk, had never cleaned once in his life. She had assumed that his life was just easy, luxurous, and fun-filled.

All that she thought about him changed after his performance.

He seemed very relieved after the performance, like a weight had been taken off his shoulders. She watched as he walked over to a table where a man and a woman were sitting, whom she figured were his parents. They didn't greet him with hugs, instead a few words and nods before he bowed to them and left the room to change. 

She watched as he left and noticed his look of disappointment. In that monent, she felt herself softening up to him even more. She almost didn't catch Heejoon leading Heechul out of the room and outside. Out of curiosity, and the fact that she thought Anya might be mentioned, she followed them out, hiding her presence as she did. But she failed to notice that someone had seen her follow them.

..........

Outside in the backyard, Heejoon dragged his son further out, yanking at his wrist. He then threw Heechul to the ground. Kourtey hid behind a stone pillar to watch.

"Are you out of your mind?" Heejoon snarled. 

Heechul stayed where he layed on the ground, scowling. "I don't understand why you're angry, father. I'm going to force Kourtney and Mark to the estate, like you said. I'm going to have them mate, as you said. What-"

He was cut off as Heejoon slammed his foot on his head. "This isn't about the purebloods. This is about that wimpy excuse of a Councilman!"

Heechul seemed even more confused. "What?"

"Rocco was obviously the better choice for Councilman out of the two...yet you cheered for that disgrace to vampires, encouraging him to win!"

Heechul's eyes widened. "Ryeowook?"

Heejoon glared down at his son. "Rocco is the one I want on the council now, not that cowardly cat. I want Ryeowook to step down and for Rocco to take his place."

"But Rocco didn't win. He didn't earn his place to be on the Council. Ryeowook did." Heechul spat.

Heejoon snarled and kelt down, grasping a fistfull of Heechul's hair, yanking his head up to look him in the eyes.

"Do it. Make Ryeowook step down before the tournament ends."

He smirked, a devilish smrik that sent chills down Kourtney's spine.

"Or she won't be around as my prisoner anymore. Around at all."

Heechul's eyes widened, then he sighed, looking away. "Alright."

"There's a good boy." Heejoon threw him to the ground again. "I knew you'd see reason."

Then Heejoon left the property, leaving Heechul laying on the ground. Kourtney was so shocked that she almost lost control of her abilities. Hand covering , she turned to leave.

Only to come face to face with Leeteuk, his expression serious.

"Meet me in the library in the morning." He said. "We need to talk." He nodded behind her. "Don't let Heechul know you heard."

Then he walked past her, into the yard to go to Heechul. After taking a few seconds to get her thoughts together, Kourtney hurried back inside to go back to the party. She wasn't sure what Leeteuk was going to talk to her about, but from his expression she knew one thing.

Whatever he was going to say...it wasn't going to be good.