Chapter 11

Truths And Lies

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I've been really busy! I had a family wedding, plus work, plus other things! There just wasn't time to write! Things have cooled down now so I should be able to update more, thank you for your patience! :)

 

Also Warning: This chapter contains a bit of violence and cruel torture. (I do not like it in any way, it just had to be done) :(

 

 

Terrance gave one last warning before the images of him and the images of him and the others vanished.

"If a pureblood, any pureblood, isn't handed over to me then everyone we captured will be killed. Everyone. You have until the end of the tournament to decide."

After the projections vanished, Yoongi turned to Leeteuk and Heechul.

"Head Councilmen, we have to save them! We've got to come up with a plan!"

Heejoon rolled his eyes. "And why would we have to do anything?"

Yoongi threw him a deathly glare. "They have my mate, as well as N's. That's why!"

Heejoon glanced at his son, before chuckling. "They are asking to hand over a pureblood, something that the Council would be completely stupid to do. As I've said..." He smirked. "A pureblood's life is more valurable than all of theirs combined."

Yoongi returned his attention to the two Head Councilmen. "Please, we have to do something!"

Kourtney glanced around. Everyone looked distraut, but didn't seem to want to speak up about the matter. 

They don't expect the Council to want to do aything.

Yoongi's expression turned pleading and sorrowful. "Please...Head Councilmen." He looked at Heechul. "Councilman Yesung's your friend, isn't he?" He slowly stepped toward him. "Head Councilman Heechul-"

"NO!" Heechul's gaze was hard, but Kourtney saw his hands tremble. "The Council will do nothing!"

The hurt that fell on Yoongi's face nearly shattered Kourtney's heart. She looked to where N was just in time to see him suddenly collapse to the floor, being caught by Leo and Ravi. 

"No one will do anything without permission from the Council!" Heechul added. "The losses will be mourned after the tournament! Everyone, dismissed!"

............

"This is so unfair!"

Chen gently rubbed Kourtney's back. "I know, but it can't be helped."

Kourtney scoffed. "This is peoples' lives for crying out loud! I'm sure if we put our heads together, we could figure out a way to rescue them!"

Chen sighed. "I agree...but we can't do anything without permission from the Council. Even if we came up with a plan...the wouldn't let us do it."

Kourtney shook her head. "Everyone...I can't just let them die. Baekhyun, Key, all of them." She punched the wall in front of her, creating a large hole. "This can't be happening!"

I'd have to convince Heejoon to allow us to do something, so Heechul can grant permission. But it's impossible. That man's a cruel, heartless beast!

She slid to the floor, starting the sob. Chen knelt down beside her, cradling her in his arms, letting her cry on his shoulder. He wanted to save everyone, too. But right now...that just seemed too impossible.

..........

"Is N going to be okay?" Hyuk asked, worry etched on his face.

Lay nodded, placing his palm on N's forhead, the latter asleep in one of the beds in his clan's hotel rooms. 

"His life isn't in danger, he was just in so much shock that he passed out. It's pretty common after being separated from a mate. There are other things that happen, but this one is the most common."

"But if Kala's killed...?" Ravi bit his bottom lip.

Lay sighed. "Then N won't be okay...and there will be nothing I can do."

Ken was sitting on the floor in a corner, unusually quiet. Hongbin went over to sit beside him, rubbing his back. Leo was sitting beside N's bed. He watched his leader, worry and sadness on his face.

"Both Kala and April...N won't be the only one who won't be okay."

...........

April slowly opened her eyes, quickly adjusting to the darkness around her. She also realized that she was tired up with chains.

"Finally, you're awake!" A girl's voice spoke. "I thought you'd never wake up!"

April shifted her gaze to see a small girl standing a few feet away from her. Her expression was emotionless.

"Who...who are you?" April looked around. "Where am I?"

"Don't feel like telling you. Now..." The girl turned around and that's when April notcied that they weren't alone.

"L.Joe!"

L.Joe was unconsious, chained to the wall across from her. The girl walked over to him, brushing a hand across his hair.

"Such a handsome boy. It's a shame he's a mutt."

"Who are you?" April asked again.

The girl sat down, crossing her legs. "I'm the one in charge of you two. My name's Maria. And as of this moment, you're prisoners of the rogues."

"Rogues?" April gasped. "You mean...?"

"Yup, and it's up to the Council whether you live or die." Maria gave a slight smirk, pulling out a dagger. "If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up on the first."

Then she plunged the dagger into L.Joe's side.

..........

Saemin moved protectively in front of Kala when Zico stepped inside the cell. 

"Stay away," She snarled. "Or I'll rip you apart!"

Zico held up his hands. "Easy, I'm not going to hurt you. My leader put me in charge of you, that's it. I'm just here to make sure you guys don't try to escape."

Saemin scowled. "How do I know you aren't lying? You are a rogue after all."

Zico sighed before pulling out something, which caught Kala's attention. 

"I figured you'd need this, considering your condition."

It was a blood bag. He tossed it to Saemin's feet. She eyed it suspciously before handing it to Kala. As the latter drank, Saemin gazed at Zico in confusion.

"But why?"

Zico tossed them another blood bag before leaving.

"To try and make up for all the evil I've done."

..........

"YOU FILTHY-MURDEROUS-MONGEREL!" Darren screamed as he continuously beated BamBam. The poor kid had lost his voice from screaming and simply let out raspy whimpers, curled up on the cold, stone floor. His entire body was in extreme pain and he could barely move. It had been going on for two hours now. At least, BamBam thought it was two hours. He'd lost track.

Darren kicked him hard in the side and he let out a raspy cry.

Someone, please help me!

..........

"You know...I've always wanted to do this to a Counil member." Terrance said, placing down a bloody knife. Yesung was in shackles, as well as gagged, cowering in a corner. He was also being froced to wear a collar around his neck with spikes protruding into his neck. The table he had been on before was bloody, but not as bloody as the Councilman. He trembled as Terrance pulled out a device, a small rod which had a sphere at the tip. The sphere had numerous holes in it something was dripping from it.

"The Hunters are very gifted, more so than we give them credit for." He smirked. "I assume you know what Ikhormin is?"

Yesung's eyes widened and he tried to move away as Terrance approaced him.

"Ah, you do. Great." He knelt beside his captor grinning. "It's a fluid, filled with the ingredients of many plants toxic to a vampire." He held it over one of Yesungs legs and some fluid dropped out and onto it, immediately sizzling.

Yesung screamed, his voice muffled by the cloth in his mouth. He slowly felt himself starting to struggle to breathe and his heart start to rise. The shakles binded his vampiric abilities, another Hunter invention. He could do nothing as his panic attack began and more drops of the toxic fluid hit his body.

..........

"LET ME OUT! LET ME GO OR SO HELP ME I WILL TEAR YOU APART AND SKEWER YOU!" Key screeched.

Yuto barged into the cell, amusement on his face.

"Surprised you haven't lost your voice yet."

Key gave him a hard glare. "Let-me-go."

Yuto chuckled. "Now where's the fun in that?" He pulled up a nearby chair and sat on it. "As fellow healers, I thought we could get to know each other."

Key scoffed. "Yeah right. Why am I chained to the celing then?"

Yuto leaned back in the chair. "To keep you from doing anything...reckless?"

Key continued to glare at the large werewolf, who grinned, shaking his head.

"Guess there's no fooling you." He reached into his coat pocket. "You being chained to the celing is more so I can enjoy the show at a better view." He pulled out a small vile of some dark green liquid.

Key recognized what it was immediately and his face changed from anger to terror. Yuto laughed.

"By your reaction I see you know what this is. I have the cure for it as well...so that means I can use this on you as much as I want."

Any sassiness, confidence, or hope Key had been feeling disappeared once he saw that vile. He'd recently treated his friends after they were infected with it. He'd only seen what it could do. He'd never once experienced it himself. The constant, excruciating, unbearable pain.

Howlion.

..........

Baekhyun was bored. He'd woken up by himself in the cell and had now been sitting there for a very, very long time. He mentally scolded himslef for letting that person sneak up on him. His mind had been going crazy from seeing that man that he hadn't even sensed her until she attacked him from behind. By then it was too late. He'd been caught.

And now he was alone in a dark cell with no one to talk to. He'd tried calling out to someone, but no one responded.

Finally, after what seemed like hours and hours of waiting, the cell door opened and someone, a girl, dressed in all black, her face covered, walked in. Baekhyun wasted no time with questions.

"Where am I?" She didn't respond. "Who are you? What's gong on?"

She stayed quiet, just staring at him. Baekhyun stared back.

Her eyes...they look familiar.

The girl moved to a spot opposite from him in the cell.

"Answer me! Who are you?" Baekhyun had run out of patience. They'd made him wait. The least they could do was give him some answers.

The girl finall spoke.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

Baekhyun froze, eyes widening. That voice, he knew that voice. All too well.

The girl slowly removed the fabric covering her face, looking at Baekhyun with sadness and remorse. Baekhyun felt like time stopped as the two stared at each other for a few moments. He thought he'd never see her again. He hadn't expected it to happen. Yet here she was, right in front of him...and he didn't know how he should feel about it.

"Yumi."