Chapter 14

Truths And Lies

Warning!! There's a bit of torture in the last part of this chapter!!

 

 

Late at night, Kourtney snuck over to the library, where she sensed Heechul and his father were. She hid her presence and listened in on what they were talking about.

"And even if it doesn't go as planned, we can make Kai swear to get Kourtney back by whatever means necessary. And we can send a member of the Council to make sure it goes more smoothly." Heechul pleaded. "All they need is the ten minutes to get the captives out of there and Tao can give it to them. Plus, doing so would enable us to be able to capture all of the rogues at the hideout."

There was a slight pause and Kourtney's heart started to beat rapidly, awaiting Heejoon's response.

"Alright, go ahead with the plan."

That was not what she was expecting.

"Really?" Heechul didn't sound totally convinced. "You're really fine with it?"

"Yes...but there are some conditions."

"Which are?"

"As you've said, if things don't go as planned, Kai is to get Kourtney out of there. I will also choose a Council member to go as a part of the attack team that GD will be leading. And give the rouges a chance to surrender. If they do, capture them. If they don't, kill them."

"That's it?"

"And...if somehow during this we lose Kourtney, say she's taken away or killed..." Heejoon's voice turned vile. "Your precious little Anya will pay for it."

"You're saying you'll kill her?" Heechul whispered.

"Of course not. If I were to do that, I'd loose my control over you."

Kourtney didn't want to hear anymore and hurried back to the guest room, thanking the heavens that Mark was still asleep when she got back. 

..........

The next day, after Donghae won his battles for the tournament, Heechul called the Council, Kris, Onew, and JB's packs, and N and Namjoon's clans together. 

"I've decided to allow the plan to happen." Heechul said. "After the tournament ends, Terrance will contact us again and we'll tell him that we accept...and it'll all be up to you from there."

Relief fell over everyone's faces.

"There are, however, some conditions." Heechul added. "First, Kai..." He turned to face him. "If it seems like the plan isn't going to go well or if Kourtney's life is in any danger at all, you must get her out of there immediately."

Kai nodded. "Understood, sir."

"And I would also like for one member of the Council to be a part of the attack group." Heechul continued. "I have not yet decided who it will be yet, though."

"That seems fair." Kris said.

"And finally, before an upfront battle occurs, allow a chance for any rogues to surrender. If they do, capture them. If they don't, kill them."

Namjoon nodded. "Understood. Anything else, sir?"

"No. Those are the only conditions." He cleared his throat. "Does anyone have anything they'd like to say before we adjurn?"

No one said anything, so Heechul dismissed them all. Kourtney gathered her pack to the side.

"I wasn't really sure if I should mention this...but I've been thinking about training so that I could be able to hide one more person." She whispered.

"And who's the person?" Tao asked.

"Lay."

Lay pointed to himself. "Me?"

"Yes. You're the most skilled healer, Lay." She glanced at Hana. "No offence."

"None-taken. It's the truth."

"If any of the captives are seriously hurt..."

Lay nodded in understanding. 

"I'll work with GD and enhance my skills. I'm sure training with him would help the most."

...........

At the rogue hideout, Baekhyun and Yumi cuddled together in the cell, having spent the previous night asleep in each other's arms. Yumi was about to fall asleep again when Baekhyun spoke. 

"I'm not the only captive here, am I?"

Yumi hesitated before replying. "Yeah. There are others here."

"Who?"

"No one else from your pack. But there's L.Joe and April in one cell. Then Kala and-"

"Wait, both April and Kala are here?" Baekhyun sighed. "N and his clan have gotta be really upset right now."

"Yeah. Then there's Kala and Saemin in antoher cell but they both should be fine. The one in charge of them, Zico, is actually a very kind person." She took Baekhyun's hand in hers. "He's not here becuase he wants to be. He doesn't really have a choice."

"Like you." Baekhyun brushed some hair out of her eyes.

"Yeah. And then...Yesung was also taken."

"A Council member? How'd they manage that?"

Yumi shrugged. "Not sure. I wasn't there." She sighed. "The last two are Key and BamBam...and honestly, I feel high sympathy for them."

"Why's that?"

"The one in charge of Key is a werewolf named Yuto." Yumi's face turned sour. "He's a vile, cruel man who doesn't deserve his power. He's a healer, like Key, Lay, and Hana."

Baekhyun scowled. "But he uses it for torture instead?"

"More like his knowledge for it." Yumi shuddered. "He's...he's using Howlion on Key."

Baekhyun stiffened. While he had been unconsious when Chen and Tao were under the Howlion's torture, he knew about the pain it brought. 

"He has the cure, too, so..." Yumi didn't finish and Baekhyun felt a deep rage burn inside him towards Yuto. If he ever saw him, he'd pummel him into the ground.

"And BamBam..." Yumi hesitated.

"What? What is it?" Baekhyun shifted so he was fully facing her. "It's alright, you can tell me."

Yumi stayed silent for a few moments before heaving a big sigh.

"That night, in the Clearing, BamBam saved you from a werewolf, remember?"

"Yeah, the one that was going to kill me." Baekhyun shuddered. "I remember it clearly."

"Well, he has a brother."

"Wait...brother?" Baekhyun scooted closer. "What do you mean?"

Yumi sighed. "One of the rouges here, Darren, is the one in charge of BamBam. He specifically wanted to target BamBam because..."

Baekhyun's eyes widened in realization. "BamBam killed his brother...the one who..." Baekhyun quickly got up, starting the pace the cell. "No, no, no, no, no, no."

Yumi tried to calm him. "Baek, don't. I know what you're doing. Stop it."

"It's my fault." Baekhyun whispered. "I was too weak to defend myself so he had to help and now...now he's suffering because of it!" He ran his hands through his hair. "It's my fault."

"It's not your fault." Yumi rubbed his shoulders from behind. "You guys were outnumbered and were also caught off guard. Darren's want for revenge is at fault. BamBam was only defending you, he did nothing wrong."

"Dammit!" Baekhyun screamed, punching the wall in front of him.

I'm sorry, Bambam. I'm so sorry.

..........

Key had never felt so much pain in his life before. It felt like all of his bones were being broken and like his entire body was on fire at the same time. And it never faltered. The pain was constant for the first two days. Then Yuto fed him the cure before the poison killed him and the pain slowly faded away. Key expected to get a break, but Yuto had different plans. He fed Key some more Howlion and half an hour later, it started again. His wrists had skin peeled off from having rubbed against the shackles so much.

And all Yuto did was watch.

All day, all night, he would have Key under the extreme pain and torture of the Howlion, chained to the ceiling and twisting and writhing in pain. Now it was the fourth night and Key, under a new douse of Howlion, was waiting for the effects to kick in.

"Please..." He begged, his voice hoarse from all of the screaming. "Please stop...I'll do...anything. Just please...please stop." He didn't want to resort to it, but he didn't know if he could handle much more of this.

Yuto chuckled. "Beg all you want, pretty boy. I ain't about to stop. Howlion is only deadly if you leave the posion in the system for more than two days." Yuto stood up and grabbed Key's face with his large, rough skinned hand. "I can keep doing this for as long as I want and it won't kill you." He then unchained Key from the ceiling, resulting in the weakened boy to fall straight to the cold, stone floor. Yuto then chained his hands to the floor so that he was forced to lay on his stomach. He also tied down his ankles.

"There, a little change in angle." Yuto chuckled.

Key whimpered as he felt the pain coming back gradually. When the pain hit it's full effect, he let out a stragled, hoarse scream, writhing on the floor. Yuto pulled up his chair and sat, a sick, cruel grin plastered on his face.

"Don't worry, cutie pup." Yuto spoke softly, but to Key, it was loud and clear.

"Only six more nights to go."

 

 

A/N: OMG! Key!!!! I am so sorry! Please do not hate me! The last part was so hard to write! I feel even more horrible than when I did it to Chen and Tao! (Goes to cry in a corner, hating myself)