Chapter 3

Truths And Lies

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's been a while since I've upated! The holidays were so crazy and I didn't have any time to write! But now I'm back and ready to continue! Yay! :D

 

A boy with dark brown hair and very pale skin hurried through the forest, rushing to get to his destination. Finally, after a few minutes, he approached an open clearing, where a large house was built. A few men, werewolves, stood guard outside and nodded to the boy as he hurried inside, slamming the doors open. 

"Terrance!" He called. "I've got news!"

A tall, muscular man with dirty blonde hair stood at the top of the staircase and slowly made his way down.

"Good news, I hope, Darren?"

The boy, Darren, nodded. "It it, sir."

Terrance nodded for the boy to continue. 

"All the packs and clans have arrived for the tournament. Like you hoped, Kris, JB, and Onew's pack, as well as N's clan will be present."

Terrance gave a satisfied smirk. "Excellent!"

Darren cleared his throat. "When do you plan to attack, sir?"

"Not for a little while." Terrance moved to sit on a long couch. "Let them have some fun for a bit."

Darren nodded, bowing. "As you wish, sir."

Terrance glanced over to a darkened corner. "Did you catch that, Mystique?"

A person stepped out from the shadows, a girl with her entire body covered in black clothing. Her face was covered by a hooded ninja mask and had a bow strapped to her back, as well as a quiver full of arrows.

"I did, sir." She said softly.

"Be sure you're ready to move on my order." He then added. "Oh, could you be a dear and fetch that boy for me?"

She nodded before disappearing. Darren looked at his leader with uncertainty.

"Are you sure we can trust her?"

Terrance nodded. "I wasn't sure at first, but she's proven herself useful and trustworthy these past two years." He chuckled. "In fact, she proved herself just recently."

Darren nodded. "I understand that, but....she's so mysterious. We don't know her real name and we've never even seen her face."

Terrance crossed his legs. "I have. And it's a very pretty face." He then glanced at the boy. "You question my judgement, Darren?"

Darren shook his head. "No, sir. It's just...I don't-can't trust her. Not fully, at least."

Terrance nodded in understanding before standing up and moing over to Darren.

"She will get the job done. That much is certain. As will you. You two are the ones a trust the most amongs all the rogues here."

They heard movement outside before the doors opened and a boy with spiked up light blonde hair entered, his face stoic.

"You wanted to see me, Terrance?" The boy asked, leaning casually against the wall.

"Know your place, mutt!" Darren snapped. "Show some respect!"

Terrance placed a hand on Darren's shoulder, calming him. "Relax, Darren. It's fine." He then turned to the boy. "Everything is going according to plan. Kris, JB, and Onew's pack, plus N's clan have all come for the tournament. The time to act will be soon." He smirked. "And you're going to help."

Darren looked appaled by his leader's wished.

"And what exactly is the plan?" The boy asked.

"To put it simply," Terrance said. "Capturing. Kidnapping."

"Of who?"

Terrance shrugged. "Anyone, really. At a moment when the time is right."

The boy sighed. "Any specific day or time?"

Terrance shook his head. "Not really, no. I'll let you know when to move out. Mystique and Darren will help, along with Maria and Yuto. I've also decided to assign you each a target."

Darren perked up. "For me, sir?"

"I'd like for you, once I give the order, to go after a member of JB's pack. But keep away from the two purebloods. They will do us no good."

"Yes, sir."

"For Mystique, I've decided to have her target Kris's pack. Shouldn't be too hard for her. Yuto will target Onew's pack and Maria will target N's clan." He then turned to the boy. "And you will be given a very special task."

"And what task is that?"

Terrance smirked. "The Council."

The boy paled. "What?"

"It's for my back-up plan...just in case things don't turn out the way I want them to."

"You want me to capture a member of the Council?"

"Yes." Terrance then leaned down to whisper in the boy's ear. "If you succeed, and if the entire plan succeeds, I'll let you and your little pack go."

The boy's eyes widened and he glanced warily to the rogue leader. "You give your word?"

Terrance smirked. "Yes."

The boy closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before nodding. "I will do as you ask, then."

Terrance grinned. "Excellant!" He turned around and walked over to Darren. "Keep an eye on the groups for me." 

The leader then left, leaving Darren and the boy alone in the room. Darren glanced over at the other, smirking.

"Better pray you don't screw this up." he sneered. "Or your little pack'll go bye-bye."

Darren then left and the boy sighed, sliding down against the wall before sitting on the floor.

I don't know if I can do this...but I have to try. For their sakes.

...........

Later that night, Kourtney and Mark returned to Headquarters to retire for the night. Just as Kourtney was about to go change into her pajamas, there was a knock at the door. Mark opened it to reveal Hyeon. 

"I'm so sorry to disturb you at this hour." Hyeon said. "But I was wondering of Kourtney would do me a favor?"

Mark stepped aside to let Hyeon inside. Kourtney folded her arms.

"What is it?"

"Every night I...well," she chuckled. "It's a bit silly but I do...a kind of check-up on all of the Council members each night."

"A check-up?" Kourtney raised an eyebrow. "You mean like...putting them to bed?"

Hyeon nodded. "Yeah, I guess you could call it that. I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me tonight."

Kourtney glanced over at Mark, who just shrugged. 

"Sure." Kourtney sighed. "Why not?"

She followed Hyeon out of the room and down the hall.

"We're going to start with Ryeowook first." Heyon said. "Poor boy's nervous since his matches are tomorrow."

After passing a few doors, they finally came to a door numbered 1012. Kourtney could smell two different distinct scents in the room. Hyeon knocked softly.

"Wookie? You awake?"

"Yeah." Came a soft reply.

Hyeon opened the door and she and Kourtney entered the bedroom. Ryeowook was sitting on his bed, his face full of worry and a little fear. Yesung was perched(like a cat) beside him, fingers touching all around his face. Hyeon moved to sit on Ryeowook's other side.

"Nervous?" She asked.

Kourtney stood beside the bed but didn't sit. Ryeowook took a deep breath, nodding.

"Yeah." He said. "I...don't know what'll happen tomorrow. I'm the weakest in the Council and someone could..."his voice went very quiet. "defeat me."

Yesung tapped Ryeowook's nose, who turned his head to look at him. The quiet, vampire boy just did one thing. He shook his head.

Hyeon nodded. "Yesung's right, Wookie. That won't happen. You are strong, strong enough to be on the Council." She turned Ryeowook around the face her. "You're going to do great tomorrow."

Ryeowook gave a slight smile. "Thanks Hyeon." He looked back at Yesung. "And you, too, Yesung."

Kourtney smiled as Hyeon gave the two hugs before getting up.

"Don't stay in here too long, Yesung." Hyeon said. "Ryeowook needs his sleep."

Yesung nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

Kourtney smiled to the two boys before following Hyeon out. Next, they visited Eunhyuk, who was just starting to get ready for bed. He was nervous for Ryeowook as well, but calming words from Hyeon helped settle his mind. After that, it was the spoiled brat himself, Henry. He was on his computer, headphones plugged in. He was watching what looked to be a concert, with a man on center stage playing the violin.

"Henry plays the violin." Hyeon explained. "Aside from his Council life, it's his other life. His parents expect him to be the best, so he's constantly studying concerts, music, and so on."

Hearing this made Kourtney soften up to him a bit...but just a bit. 

The skipped Yesung's room next since he was with Ryeowook. Kyuhyun, Donghae, Sungmin and Iseul, and Siwon were all asleep in their bedrooms. Shindong wasn't in his room and Hyeon assumed he was having a late night snack as usual. Kangin was doing a few workout excercises before bed, promising Hyeon he wouldn't overwork himself. Next was the room Kourtney dreaded the most.

Heechul's room.

Hyeon softly knocked, calling out his name before entering the room. There were no lights on, only a few candles lit. Upon entering, Kourtney heard the sound of water running down a hallway in his room.

"He must be taking a shower," Hyeon stated. "Meaning he'll be soon heading to bed." She sighed. "Which is good. He hasn't been getting much sleep lately."

"Why not?" Kourtney asked. She curiously began looking around and was quick to notice the large and filled bookcase.

"Being a Head Councilman is a lot of work, more than it is for the other members."

"Oh." Kourtney glanced over to Heechul's night stand, where a single book sat. Curious, she walked over and picked it up. Her eyes widened as she read the title. "Pride and Prejudice?" (A/N: I had to. I love this book.)

Hyeon smiled. "One of Heechul's favorite books. He's read it numerous times."

Kourtney chuckled. Never thought I'd have something in common with him. She opened up the book to the page that was marked. Marking it was a picture of a woman.

And she was beautiful.

She had long, beautiful, wavy copper red hair, fair skin, and bright emerald eyes. Near the bottom of the picture was writing.

Anya

Kourtney glanced up at Hyeon, who was occupied with looking at Heechul's books on the shelf. Kourtney glanced back down at the picture, turning it around. There was nothing on it. 

I wonder who Anya is.

The sound of water stopped and Kourtney quickly placed the picture back in the book and closed it, setting it back down on the night stand. After a few minutes, Heechul walked out of the bathroom in dark red, silk pajamas, still drying his hair with a towel.

"Here for the usual check-up, Hyeon?" Heechul smirked, sitting on his bed. 

"Yes." Hyeon smiled."The usual."

Heechul glanced over a Kourtney, who moved closer to Hyeon. "What'd you think?" He asked her. "Pretty rowdy bunch, huh?"

"Not really." Kourtney said.

"Most were already asleep." Hyeon stated.

Heechul's eyes widened in surprise. "Really? I figured they'd be bouncing off the walls since they're all excited for the tournament."

"They're not all excited." Kourtney said.

Heechul gave her a questioning look.

"Ryeowook, he's...well, he's more nervous than excited." Hyeon explained. "He looked petrified when we went to see him."

Heechul's face softened and he nodded. "Understandable. He's always been...self concious when it comes to combat. I'll be sure to talk to him before his first battle."

Hyeon smiled. "I'm sure he'd really appreciate it." 

After saying goodnight, Kourtney and Hyeon left the Head Councilman's room.

"I won't have you come into my and Leeteuk's room. I can "check-up" on him myself." Hyeon winked.

Kourtney laughed. "Yeah..." She cleared . "I wanted to ask...who's Anya?"

Hyeon's eyes widened and she quickly placed a hand over Kourtney's mouth.

"You saw the picture?" Hyeon asked quitely. Kourtney nodded. "Listen very carefully Kourtney. Just forget about what you saw tonight. and do not, I repeat, do not mention her name again...ever. Please."

Kourtney glaned around in confusion before nodding. Hyeon sighed, removing her hand.

"Sorry. Goodnight, Kourtney." She then quickly entered her and Leeteuk's bedroom.

Kourtney cautiously glanced at the door to Heechul's bedroom before moving quickly down the hall and back into the guest room. Mark was fast asleep on the couch, which Kourtney was grateful for since she didn't want him to see her shocked and confused expression. As she headed to bed, she tried not to think about the woman, Anya, but she couldn't. The picture kept flashing in her mind and she wondered what had happened. Who was this woman? Why was it forbidden to mention her? What's her relation to Heechul?

Little did she know that her questions would be answered very soon.