Chapter 6: Encounter

100 Cranes of Hope

Those eyes... She pondered. Why do they looked familiar?

Soohyuk clustered his eyebrows looking at the girl his arm was holding on.

"Oh! Mr. Lee!" A voice broke their gaze and he unwrapped his arm around her.

THUD.

"Ya!" Bora yelled, wincing at the pain she felt on her lower back.

Soohyuk looked down at the girl who was trying to get up from the floor AND was glaring at him.

"Omo! What are you doing on the floor, Bora?" Miss Moon questioned with worry. "Did Jongin do this to you?"

"Ah, it's okay, Miss Moon," Bora finally stood up, rubbing her lower back before glaring at the guy who just looked at her indifferently.

A giggle from upstairs was heard. Bora looked up to find Jongin standing at the stair.

"Catch me, Noona!" Jongin ran back up.

"Ugh! Jongin!" Bora yelled startling Miss Moon and Soohyuk. She then ran up the stairs to chase the boy.

Soohyuk's eyes followed her until she disappeared from his sight.

"Sorry for that Mr. Lee," Miss Moon apologized over a giggle and Soohyuk just bobbed his head. "I'm Moon Soeun, the matron of this house," she extended a hand.

"Ah, yes. Chanyeol told me about you," he took her hand for a handshake.

"Come. The event is about to start." Miss Moon gestured for him to follow her.
 


Soohyuk just wished the event would end already. If it weren't for his brother's persuasion, he wouldn't want to come. Chanyeol and his father might like social works, but not him. Yet, he gotta admit the kids were somewhat cute, especially when they were singing and dancing.

The main event had finished and he could have left, but Miss Moon insisted for him to stay a little longer for the play time. He reluctantly complied and now he just sat down at one of the provided tables for the guests, watching the kids playing with some guests, running around.

Soohyuk then felt a presence beside him. He turned to look beside him and found a girl with fair skin staring at him with rounded eyes. He raised a brow and then looked around as if to find help. When he looked back to the girl, she was still staring at him silently that it started creeping him out.

He cleared his throat. "Uhm... Is something wrong, kid?"

She blinked and didn't answer anything until Soohyuk cleared his throat again. "Oppa so handsome," she said and a grin slowly broke along with a giggle.

Soohyuk blinked rapidly at the comment before a small smile curled on his lips too. "Thanks," he ruffled the girl's hair.

She then raised her little arms to him. Soohyuk was confused at first, but he then understood that she wanted to sit on her lap. He was reluctant at first but the girl kept her arms raised whilst staring at him. He lifted her up and sat her down on his lap.

"What's your name?" He asked the girl.

"Jinri," she beamed at him, her eyes turned into crescents. "It's a pretty name, right oppa?"

Soohyuk let out a little chuckle and nodded.

"And Oppa is very very handsome! Just like our Prince oppa!"

"Prince oppa?" Soohyuk tilted his head to the side.

"Yes. Our Chanyeol oppa!" Jinri exclaimed with a grin. "He's veeeery tall like Oppa." She raised her arms up high. And he's very handsome too." Soohyuk held back a laughter and subtly shook his head. "But Oppa is much much more handsomer," Jinri added with a firm nod.

"You must really like him, huh?" Soohyuk smiled and caressed the girl's head.

"Of course!" She nodded again. "And we are all now helping Yeolie oppa to meet his princess again?"

Soohyuk raised a brow amused. Geez, Chanyeol! Do you really have to share your failed love story with the kids? "Really? How?"

"We're going to help him fold 1000 paper cranes! Do you know, Oppa? If we fold 1000 paper cranes, we will be granted a wish!"

"Really?!" He asked to play along.

The girl nodded excitedly.

"Jinri!" Luna came running to them.

"Luna!" Jinri hopped off Soohyuk's lap.

"Suho oppa is giving piggyback ride! Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

"Okay!" Jinri took Luna's hand. She turned to looked back at Soohyuk and waved he hand. "Bye, handsome Oppa!"

Soohyuk gave a smile that reached his eyes.

So I guess he hasn't gotten over her, huh? He thought over a sigh as he watched the two girls ran farther:
.
.
Victoria and Bora laughed at Suho who was attacked by kids pulling his hands and climbing up his back. His intention to play with just one kid had turned him into some kind of a ride. He already looked exhausted, scrunching his nose.

"Bora, dear." Miss Moon tapped her shoulder and the called girl turned around. "Can you please put this water jug over there."

"Sure, Miss," she replied taking the jug from the lady's hand.

"Thank you, dear."

As she was approaching the area where some of the guests were sitting down, Luna and Jinri were running to her direction almost bumping into her.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Slow down girls!" Bora reminded the girls who had ran past her.

"Sorry, Unnie!" They shouted back as they kept on running.

Bora just chuckled and shook her head. She arrived at the guest area and saw Kyungsoo chasing Jongin around the tables.

"Boys, stop running around here!" She reprimanded them, but they didn't listen. So she just clicked her tongue and proceeded to put the jug on the dessert table where empty glasses were put.

Before she could even reached the table, Jongin bumped into her making her lose her grip on the jug. The jug wobbled in her hands and almost fell. She managed to catch it again, but was too late from preventing the water to spill out... on someone.

"Oops!" Both Kyungsoo and Jongin gasped covering their mouths and ran away afterwards.

Bora also gasped before she retracted the jug. "Oh my! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She quickly put the jug on the table and took some tissues provided there. She tried to help the man, who was still closing his eyes from the water dripping down from his head, to wipe his clothes whilst still mumbling apology.

When she was about to wipe his face, the guy slowly opened his eyes and met hers. Her eyes were immediately widened.

"You!" They exclaimed in unison.

Shoving the tissues to him, she straightened up and clicked her tongue. "Serve you right!"

"What?!" Soohyuk stood up glaring at her.

Bora was a bit startled when he did so because his height was way towering above her. She cleared and tilted her head up to glare back at him. "You heard me! It serves you right for dropping me down!" She crossed her arms.

Soohyuk scoffed to the side and wiped his face.

"Good bye!" Bora turned around and stomped away.

Soohyuk was going to yelled back at her, but remembering the presence of the other guests he just held it all in and gritted his teeth.

 


 

"Hey, Chanyeol!" Vic greeted after washing the dishes when Chanyeol entered the dining room.

"Hi, Noona!" He greeted back and looked around. "Where's Suho hyung?"

"He's not coming today." She wiped her hands with a napkin.

"Huh? Why?"

"The grandpa's having a back pain." Vic rolled her eyes.

"I see." Chanyeol chuckled. "By the way, what happened with my brother yesterday?"

Vic immediately bursted out laughing. "I didn't really know either to be honest. I just suddenly saw him excused himself to go home looking drenched. He didn't tell you?"

He just shrugged. "He shut me up before I could even ask."

"Chanyeol oppa!" Luna shouted excitedly and ran to him.

Chanyeol immediately scooped her up when she was close enough. "Hey there, Princess!" He grinned and the girl pecked his cheek.

"I missed you, Oppa!" She hugged his neck.

Vic giggled behind them. "Hey, Luna. Aren't you going to tell him about the cranes?"

Chanyeol raised his brows at the girl upon the revealed information. "What about 'em?"

"Oppa, you should've folded 1000 paper cranes! Not 100," Luna said with a little pout.

"Huh?" He blinked, confused.

"Pretty unnie told us that if we fold 1000 paper cranes then our wish will come true! And we are going to help you meet your princess again!" Luna explained excitedly.

"Pretty unnie? Who's pretty unnie?"

Luna wiggled in his arms for him to put her down. He did so, and Luna dragged him by the hand away from the kitchen. "I'll show you to her! She's helping us."

They arrived in front of the nap room door and Luna tiptoed to turned the door knob. Chanyeol chuckled as he was dragged inside the room. He saw the kids gathering around a girl who was teaching them how to fold paper cranes.

Luna then announced their arrival, "Unnie! The Prince is here!"

"Oh really?" The said girl lifted her head and smiled at Luna.

Right then, Chanyeol felt that his heart was pounding out of his chest and his blood had rushed out of his body. He was frozen at the sight.

She then raised her gaze to him who was standing behind Luna. She looked taken aback for awhile before a smile formed on her lips. "Hi!" She greeted.

As their eyes looked at each other, now Chanyeol felt his heart had stopped beating and dropped to the ground.

Bora?


 

My wish is simple: to forever be the only one those beautiful eyes are looking at with love.



A/N:
Happy belated Valentine's Day, everyone!