Cranes Special 3: A Little Push

100 Cranes of Hope

A/N: this is a side story of Cranes special 2 part 1 & part 2 from Suho's perspective at that time. It may help the missing pieces of the story.
__________________

Whistles were heard from one of the children's rooms. The dark haired guy whistled as he was cleaning the room and arranging all the things alone. Honestly, Suho wasn't one who likes to clean up much. Not even his own room. Yet for the sake of a healthy life for the kids, he helped and cleaned all.

THUD.

"Hmm, whose wallet is this?" He picked up a wallet from the floor. "This looks like Chanyeol's. I have to give it to him."

He was going to casually slip the wallet in his pocket when an idea popped in his mind. He looked around making sure nobody was there. A mischievous grin spread across his lips as he checked the wallet. Upon opening the wallet, his eyes were rounded and soft gasp escaped his lips. He furrowed his brows in thought as he closed the wallet and slipped it inside his pocket.

He lightly shook his head to push away the questions popping up in his mind and continued on working.

Once he was finished with the cleaning, he went to the dining room. On the way to the dining table, he saw Bora standing by the the door that led to the backyard staring outside with a smile. Quietly he tiptoed towards her. Bora jumped when he suddenly stood beside her. Laughing, they continued on talking. Then the thought of what he had seen inside Chanyeol's wallet popped in his head again.

A photo of a high school boy and a high school girl.

The girl was her; Bora. The girl in front of him. Suho was sure of that. When he was going to ask her of her relationship with Chanyeol, someone interrupted by calling him.

Seeing it was Chanyeol himself, Suho had an idea to tease the guy. He put an arm around the girl's shoulder while answering the tall guy's question. He could sense that the tall guy was definitely irritated. He had the urge to laugh out loud but kept it inside. Then he released the embrace and they all went to the dining room together.

On the way to the dining room, Suho was planning something to leave Chanyeol and Bora alone. However he didn't know yet what to do. Just after he saw two seats left in the dining room when they were close to it, Suho got an idea. He shouted to them,"Whoever get the seats, can eat the food!" He grabbed Sehun who- luckily- was willing to follow his lead.

___________

After the lunch break and the planning for Sehun's birthday surprise, all of the workers went to prepare the surprise. Suho was just finished with the stuff that he needed to prepare for the event when he remembered the wallet he found. Thus, he looked for Chanyeol. He went to the first floor and saw the tall guy whose back was facing him. Though he couldn't see his expression, he looked pained rubbing his head. Confused, he ran to him and slapped his back while calling him.

"Ouch!" Chanyeol yelped and glared to the older.

"Oops! You're okay?"

"You think?!" Chanyeol retorted, pissed off and seemingly in pain.

"What happened?"

"I went to the storage room," Chanyeol paused for awhile before he continued,"to take something but I got hit by dropping things."

Suho laughed patting Chanyeol's back. "Clumsy guy! But hey! Isn't Bora supposed to be the one getting things from there? So you've been together inside the-"

Before he could finished his sentence, Chanyeol cut him off with a question,"By the way, what are you doing here, hyung?"

"Ah! This...." He showed him the wallet which Chanyeol immediately took from his hand.

"Where did you find it? I've been looking for this since lunch. Thanks hyung!" Suho chuckled while Chanyeol's grin slowly vanished. The taller guy narrowed his eyes. "Wait. Hyung, you didn't take something or look through my wallet right?"

Suddenly feeling a little guilty, Suho rubbed the back of his head. "I didn't take anything from it. But I did peek in. I mean, how else would I know whom the wallet belong to."

Chanyeol furrowed his brows. "What?!"

Suho let out a little sigh. "Why haven't you told me about it? That Bora is your girlfriend."

Suho wasn't sure what, but something change in his eyes. In his expression.

"She's not my girlfriend anymore." Chanyeol heaved a deep sigh. "I think she meant it when she said she would forget about me." He then roughly told Suho of their history.

"But I don't think she doesn't have any feelings left for you," Suho commented with slightly furrowed brows when Chanyeol had finished. "The way she was watching you earlier..." He shrugged. "I don't know... There's just something about it."

Chanyeol raised his brows, silently asking him why he thought so.

"When you were with Sehun earlier, I saw her watching you from a far with delightful face. Or rather dreamily, I should say." Suho softly chuckled again.

The taller guy replied with an amused scoff. "So you did that on purpose right, Hyung?"

Suho frowned confused. "Did what?"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Embracing her," he softly mumbled.

"What? I can't hear you?" Suho while he actually already heard what he said.

"Just forget it," the younger one looked annoyed with his teasing. "By the way, Hyung, don't be bothered by what I've just told you about my past with her, okay?" Chanyeol said that because he knew that this hyung was the type who would secretly plan something to make him happy.

"We'll see." Suho grinned. "Yeol-ah, since you're no longer in that kind of relationship with her, can I... pursue her?"

Chanyeol answered him right away, "No you can't!" Yet, he immediately clammed his mouth shut after, looking for an excuse for blurting out that answer without missing a beat.

Suho watched him with raised brows, shocked with the younger's reply to his joke. "And why can't I?" He decided to go along with the joke, curious of what kind of excuse Chanyeol would come up with.

"Because... because.." Chanyeol's eyes darted everywhere searching for an answer. "You already have Victoria noona, Hyung!"

"Wait, what?!" Suho was stunned for a moment before bursting out with laughter. "You actually think we're that?" He laughed some more. "We have been friends for quite a long time and she's not even my type. You know what kind of woman she is! Victoria is-"

"I'm what?" A voice suddenly asked in a deadpan causing Suho to stop what he was going to say next.

When he turned around, he found the very girl they were suddenly talking about. Victoria waited for his answer with crossed arms and a raised brow.

"Wonder Woman!" Suho finished off his paused sentence without thinking. "You're a Wonder Woman!" He grinned sheepishly before he sprinted toward and hid behind Chanyeol in fear of getting hit by her.

Victoria furrowed her eyebrows and eyed the two guys, wondering why her name was even brought up in their conversation. "O-kay. Why Wonder Woman?"

Suddenly feeling unnecessarily nervous under her scrutinizing eyes, Chanyeol answered in Suho's stead, "Noona, do you know who played as Wonder Woman in BatMan Vs. Superman movie?"

She nodded to his question. "Gal Gadot?"

"Yeap!" Chanyeol beamed and grinned nervously. "Suho hyung was talking about that."

"Should I be flattered?" Vic raised a brow again and directed her gaze at Suho wanting him to answer.

"Of course, you should!" Chanyeol answered again; his grin turned full blown this time. "Well, you know that Gal Gadot is super hot, y, intelligent and gorgeous! Just like you, Noona!" Chanyeol smirked looking over his shoulder at Suho. "That's what Hyung said. Right, hyung?"

"What?!" Suho looked surprised. "I didn't-" He stopped when Chanyeol nudged him and slightly tipped his head toward the girl. He cleared his throat. "Yeah. Sure. Right." Rolling his eyes, Suho said it with no energy making it sound insincere.

Vic was sure that he was just mocking her, so she stepped forward and lightly shoved Chanyeol to the side to grab Suho's ear. "Alright, that's it! I know you. So that's obviously a lie! So why don't you just spit out what kind of insults about me have you corrupted my precious Chanyeol's mind with?"

Yelping in pain, Suho pulled her hand away from his ear and held on to it. "Wait! What Chanyeol said is true! Absolutely true! You're gorgeous, Vic." This time, Suho looked at her eyes as the words spilled out of his lips.

She was taken aback with what he just said. That wasn't something she expected her frenemy to say. There was a pregnant pause with them staring at each other until Chanyeol lowly whistled.

"Whew! What a drama! I guess I should leave you two alone. I won't disturb you, couple."

"We're not a COUPLE!" Victoria and Suho shouted at the tall guy together.

"Chill!" Chanyeol raised his hands in surrender and chortled. "It looks like it to me with you both holding hands like that. So, have a nice chat and please don't fight." He snickered. "I'll see you at the party, Noona and Hyung!!"

Once Chanyeol was out of sight, Suho realized he was still holding Vic's hand. He immediately let it go while she pushed him away.

Feeling the sudden awkwardness, Vic cleared . "We should go prepare again for the party. It isn't break time yet. Chop chop~!" Vic told him, walking off first, and he followed.

______________

At Sehun's birthday party, Suho pumped few balloons for the kids. Every now and then, he kept on glancing at Bora and sometimes at Chanyeol; mind drifting off to wonder what went wrong between the two. Victoria furrowed her brows noticing him looking at Bora ever so often. When the party was over and the kids went back to their own room, some of the volunteers stayed behind to clean up. Vic got curious why he acted so suspicious, so she approached him who was cleaning up the table.

"Why did you keep on glancing at Bora? If you want to say something to her, just approach her. Or you could say it to me, then I will pass it to her." She crossed her arms.

Suho, on the other hand,
didn't seem to even notice her. He spaced out; eyes staring at nowhere in particular while his hand kept on wiping the table with a cloth.

"Hello~ Earth to Suho?" Vic waved her hand in front of his face.

Suho finally shook his head. "Huh? What?"

"What were you thinking?" Vic asked him curiously.

Suho blinked at her before he slowly turned his head away looking dead serious. "There is an unresolved mystery we should solved," he muttered with so much determination; she wanted to smack his head back to senses.

Holding back that urge, Vic rolled her eyes and scoffed instead. "What, are you being a Sherlock now? You've watched too many movies!"

Suho whipped his head toward her again; that seriousness in his eyes never leaving. Cautiously he looked around noticing some of the working volunteers with them. Without a word, he grabbed Victoria's hand and led her to an empty room.

"What are we doing here?" Vic was really confused with what happened, thinking her friend had finally really lost his mind.

"Good question!" He held her shoulders making her looked at him with confused blinking eyes. "I'm going to tell you something that nobody can know besides us. That's why I brought you here."

Unknowingly, Vic held her breath and waited for him to continue.

"We need to solve this unresolved mystery," he repeated what he said earlier and she gave up on holding the urge to roll her eyes. "I'll be the Sherlock and you'll be like Dr. Watson. A female version of course."

"Not again!" She sighed.

"Come on! This is something important! This is about Chanyeol's life. Will you help me out?" He pleaded.

At the mention of Chanyeol, Vic relented because maybe- just maybe- this lunatic friend of hers wasn't joking. "I will if you tell me why and what's going on."

A grin broke out on his face. "Ok! So, here's how the story goes."

Suho retold what Chanyeol told him. Surprisingly, Vic found herself drawn to this. Usually, she couldn't stand listening to Suho's rant without rolling her eyes or covering her ears. But not this time.

"Ok, so you think Bora still likes him?" Vic asked and Suho nodded. Her fingers cupped her chin and her lips twisted as her mind was submerged in thought. "Well, they do look cute together. And I do get the vibes that they're into each other too. I guess there's no harm in giving a little push for them, right?" She grinned.

Suho mirrored her expression. "Right! So, next we need a plan." Sorry, Chanyeol. I have to do something "Gotta find the plan to solve it." He was really sure that his plan would work.

"Don't plan anything crazy, Suho!" Vic's nag disturbed the growing world of imagination in his mind.

"Of course not!" He smiled sincerely. "I promise this is something simple," he said though he really wished he could do something more dramatic. "So, here's the plan."