My Heart is Beating

The Person I Love [HIATUS]

Jihyun heart was beating so fast that she could feel that everyone could hear her heart beating against her chest. Everyone was quiet and just stared at Woohyun and Jihyun. Jihyun palms started sweating and she could felt that sweats were about to form on her forehead too.

On the other hand Woohyun was dumbfounded and he didn’t know what to do. He looked around him and saw all the students were watching him and Jihyun. He stood up from his seat and looked at Jihyun. Students were intently watching them. Will Woohyun accept Jihyun’s gift? Or will he rejected her like the rest of the girls?

Jihyun bit her lips and waited for Woohyun but suddenly she heard a loud gasped around her. She opened her eyes and only to see Woohyun walked out from the cafeteria. She blinked and slowly her hands fell beside her. Tears started to well up in her eyes.

“Omo! Woohyun just rejected Jihyun!” “The princess was rejected by the kingka. This is unbelievable.” “She should give the chocolates to me. I would accept it.”

Everyone in the cafeteria started whispering and gossiping to each other.

“Aigoo… what was Woohyun thinking?” Sunggyu whispered to himself. Jihyun lowered her head as she felt tears almost threatening to fall from her eyes. Her grip on the box of chocolates tightened and she closed her eyes.

“Jihyun-ssi… Gwenchana?” Sungjong awkwardly walked to Jihyun and patted her shoulder gently.

“Uljima.” Dongwoo joined in and tried to peek at Jihyun face but she just looked down and her fringes covered her face. Just then Kimchi came to her.

“Jihyun-ah…” She called softly.

“Gwenchana.” Came out Jihyun small voice. She lifted her head and wiped her tears.

“I knew this going to happen anyway.” Jihyun gave a small smiled and then she quickly walked out from the cafeteria. Kimchi wanted to catch her but been held back by Dongwoo.

“I think she needs some time alone.” Dongwoo said. Kimchi just sighed and looked at the cafeteria door worriedly. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jihyun walked at empty hallway while holding the chocolates on her right hand. She sighed for the umpteenth time. News about Jihyun being rejected by Woohyun would spread all around the school. Her reputation as the school princess would ruin. But she didn’t care about that. She was hurt because Woohyun rejected her.

She never fell for anyone before and Woohyun was her first love. She walked to the nearest trash bin and held the chocolates above it.

“I knew from the start. This love is impossible.” Jihyun said to herself and about to throw the chocolates away when someone grabbed her wrist.

“Hajima.” A gentle voice said. She looked up and her eyes widened. Woohyun was staring at her gently.

“Why? You don’t want it anyway.” Jihyun said and wanted to throw away the chocolates but instead she was dragged away by Woohyun. The trash bin was getting farther away and Woohyun kept dragging her.

“Sunbae what are you doing?” Jihyun said panicked.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The sun shined them both and the breeze gently hit them. Woohyun had dragged Jihyun to the rooftop. Jihyun just looked down on her shoes while Woohyun was staring at her. She could feel herself burning up not because of the sun but because of Woohyun stares. Why did he bring her up here anyway?

“Why?” Woohyun asked.

“What?” Jihyun asked back because she didn’t understand what was Woohyun trying to ask.

“Why do you want to give me the chocolates?” Woohyun asked and nodded his head at the chocolate Jihyun was holding.

“It’s because… I… I like you Woohyun sunbae. I already told you before at the cafeteria but I said it again here. I like you since middle school.” Jihyun said bravely even though inside she was shaking.

“Why do you like me? I’m poor and I’m cold towards other aside from Infinite. You come from a rich family. Your parents owned the famous Hyundai Company and you are the heiress of the company. You can get any rich guy you want. Why you choose me?” Woohyun looked at her straight into her eyes.

“Because… I don’t look at someone wealth to fall in love. I don’t need someone who is rich, owned many cars and huge mansion. I looked someone at his heart. I don’t care if you’re poor, I don’t care if you a gangster. I just love you the way you are. I know you have a warm side on you Woohyun sunbae. I like you and there’s nothing can change the way I felt for you.” Jihyun said sincerely and smiled.

Woohyun looked away and he could feel his heart was beating.

“I’m sorry Jihyun but I’m not ready for love.” Woohyun said coldly. Jihyun lowered her head. Woohyun turned his head towards Jihyun and saw that she was looking down on the floor.

"I knew it. She was just like the other girls. Who only likes me for my looks. Not for who i am. She won't wait for me and let me be ready for love." Woohyun thought bitterly. But to his surprised Jihyun lifted up her head and looked at him with a smiled.

“It’s okay Woohyun sunbae. I’ll wait for you and I promised you I will make you fall for me.” Jihyun smiled. Woohyun blinked dumbfounded.

“But while trying to catch your heart, let’s be friends Woohyun sunbae.” Jihyun held out her hand with a smiled. Woohyun looked at her like she was an alien. Jihyun nodded her head towards her hand asking Woohyun to shake it. He blinked a couple of times before slipping his hand on Jihyun hand. He felt a jolt of electricity went down his spine when he touched that soft hand.

"Anyway Woohyun sunbae... will you accept my chocolates?" Jihyun smiled and held out the chocolates. Woohyun hesitated at first but then he took the chocolates from Jihyun's hand. Jihyun felt giddy and fangirling inside her head because Woohyun accepted her Valentine's chocolates

"I'll make you fall for me Woohyun sunbae."

"Can I really trust her?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you berry_b2ty for the ideas ^^