Hurt

The Person I Love [HIATUS]

Jihyun went to school while humming a song. She felt giddy every time when she remembered about yesterday. Woohyun actually waited for her after school.

Someone looks happy~.” A voice sings song. Jihyun looked to the side and saw her best friend, Kimchi smiling at her.

Happy? I’m always like this.” Jihyun said and closed her locker. They started to walk to their class together. As they were walking, Woori and her friends walked past by Jihyun and Kimchi. She gave Jihyun a glared and Jihyun lowered her head. Woori scoffed and walked with her friends. Kimchi saw that and furrowed her eyebrows.

What was that?” She asked. Jihyun lifted up her head and looked at Kimchi. “What was what?” She asked. Kimchi walked in front of her and blocked her path. Jihyun just blinked her eyes. Kimchi put her hands on her hip and eyed Jihyun. “Why did Woori glared at you? If that queenka wannabe looked at you like that, it spells trouble. Is it because you are friends with Infinite now?” Kimchi said seriously.

Jihyun managed a small smiled. “It’s nothing really. She just looked at me, it’s not like she say hurtful words to me or something.” She shrugged it off.

Jihyun-ah…” Kimchi said worriedly. She knew how her best friend is. Jihyun is so nice that she looked like she wouldn’t hurt a fly. And it’s true. She didn't want her friend got hurt because she knew that Woori like Woohyun.

Seriously Kimchi-ah… you worried too much.” Jihyun let out a small laughed to hide her lie. Kimchi looked like she fell for it a bit and sighed. “Fine… But if something happen… I won’t let it go.” She said. Jihyun smiled, glad that her best friend always got her back.

Okay… Now let’s get to class.” Jihyun looped her arm around Kimchi’s arm and they walked together to their class.

---------------------

It was PE time and as usual. The sophomores and the seniors have the same subject together. Infinite was on the other side of the field stretching their long limbs. Jihyun and Kimchi just came out and Jihyun glanced at the field where Infinite was.

That’s your prince charming.” Kimchi nudged Jihyun with a smiled. She shyly bit her lower lips and looked up. She felt her cheeks flushed red and her heart beat fastened because Woohyun was staring at her. His eyes were gentle; it was different from his usual cold eyes.

From the other side Woori saw that Woohyun and Jihyun were staring at each other. She scoffed and crossed her arms.

The whistle blew and a coach came into the field. “Find your partners and do stretch. After that we will have a 50 meter run.” The coach shouted and everyone walked to find their partners. Kimchi turned to Jihyun and about to open , when Dongwoo popped out of nowhere.

Kimchi-ah, let’s be partner.” Dongwoo said with a smiled. Kimchi looked baffled and her cheeks turned crimson red. “Eh?” She glanced at Jihyun who was stifling her laughed. Jihyun knew that Kimchi had a little crush on Dongwoo.

But… Jihyun…” Kimchi started. Jihyun just smiled and pushed her a bit towards Dongwoo. “You can partner up with Dongwoo oppa. I can find someone else.” She winked secretively at Kimchi who reddened even more.

Thanks Jihyun-ah. Kaja!” Dongwoo said excitedly and dragged Kimchi away with holding her wrist. Jihyun giggled and waved at Kimchi who looked behind when she was dragged by Dongwoo. Jihyun nodded and pumped her fist. “Now I got to find my partner.” She turned around only to bump into someone broad chest. She looked up only to see Woohyun handsome face who looked away.

She stepped back a bit and smiled at him. Woohyun cleared his throat and cough on his fist. He rubbed the back of his neck and turned to look at Jihyun. “The others already have partners… Wanna be my partner?” Woohyun asked slowly. Jihyun looked behind and saw that Sungyeol was partnered with L and Sunggyu was partnered with Hoya. That left Woohyun alone.

Sure oppa.” Jihyun said without hesitant. Woohyun bit his inner cheek preventing himself from smiling too wide. The whistle blew again and all students started to do the stretches. Woohyun and Jihyun their backs and they looped their arms together. Jihyun felt her cheeks turned tomato when Woohyun lifted her up on his sturdy back. He let Jihyun down gently and it was Jihyun time to stretch his back. After the stretches, Jihyun went back to Kimchi.

Kimchi squealed excitedly after she saw Woohyun and Jihyun. Jihyun just smiled but back with Dongwoo. Kimchi pouted and Jihyun laughed.

Woohyun was looking at Jihyun from afar. He felt his heart doing flip flop inside him when he saw Jihyun laughed and smiled. He was content just seeing her like that.

You already fell head over heels for her.” Sunggyu said beside him. Woohyun snapped from his stared and looked at Sunggyu. “What are you talking about?” Woohyun asked trying to hide his flushed face. Sunggyu laughed and patted Woohyun’s shoulder. “Yah… Everyone can see love spills from your eyes when you see her. Only you that keep on denying, I guess she succeeded on making you fell for her.” Sunggyu said with a smiled. Woohyun just kept quiet and thought about what Sunggyu said to him. He patted Woohyun shoulder one last time and walked to his friends.

Finally it was time for the fifty meter run. The seniors were going first. The sophomores sat on the bleachers. Infinite was waiting for their turned. After few minutes, it was time for Infinite to run. The girls cheered loudly as they walked to the track. Jihyun smiled widely and looked at Woohyun was tying his shoes. The whistle blew and they ran to the finished line. They all were not far behind and left only a few inches gapped between all of them.

It was time Jihyun turned to run. She stretched her long legs on the track and all the boys were practically drooling over her. Woohyun growled lowly when he saw the other boys were staring at her. He was sitting on the bleachers with his friends. Sunggyu smirked seeing Woohyun pissed off face.

Jihyun-ah fighting!” Sunggyu shouted and waved his hand on the air. Jihyun turned to look at the direction where Infinite was. She waved her hand with a bright smiled. The others waved back at her except for L who just gave a small smiled. Woohyun rolled his eyes and leaned back on his seat. Woori watched them and clenched her fist. “.” She muttered to herself and signed to her friend, Minmin at the track. She was right beside Jihyun, Minmin nodded her head and Woori smirked.

The coach shouted to everyone to get ready. Everyone was on their knees now. Jihyun looked ahead determined to get first. The whistle blew and they started to run. Kimchi who was at the field beside the track cheered for Jihyun. Woori glared at Jihyun with her arms crossed her chest. Minmin went ahead in front of Jihyun. She smirked and let out her left foot in front Jihyun. Jihyun didn't saw it and tripped on Minmin’s leg. She fell hardly on the track and rolled a few times on the track. She gasped in pain when she felt her whole body in pain.

Jihyun-ah!” Kimchi shouted and ran towards her. Everyone on the track stopped running and looked back. All the students gasped and stood up from their sitting place. Woori smirked but that smirked turned into a frown when she saw Woohyun ran towards Jihyun. Woohyun eyes widened and without a second to blink he ran to where Jihyun was. The other Infinite members were also running towards Jihyun. Kimchi gently sat her up by grabbing her shoulders gently. Jihyun sat up and winced when she felt her back hurt.

Woohyun stooped in front of her. “Jihyun-ah, are you okay?” He asked worriedly. Jihyun managed a small nod and bit her lower lip because of the pain. “I’m okay.” She whispered. He saw the cut on her right knee and a gashed on right arm. Her left cheek was slightly scratched too. He clenched his fist as he felt his blood boiling in anger.

The coach came by and looked at Jihyun in worried. “Kimmie take her to the nurse’s office now.” He demanded. Kimmie was about to help her up when Woohyun lifted her up bridal style. Kimchi, including all the girls that were watching gasped watching the rare scene.

Without a word he walked away. When he passed by Minmin, he gave one cold glared that made her shivered down to her spine.

Infinite smiled in satisfaction especially Sunggyu. “Aww… look at that melting ice.” Sungyeol cooed while watching Woohyun walked away with Jihyun securely in his arms. Kimchi looked confused and looked at them. “Melting ice?” She asked. Dongwoo turned to her with a smiled. “You’ll know what we mean it later.” He winked which made Kimchi blushed.

-----------------------

Woohyun walked to the nurse’s office at the empty hallway with Jihyun in his arms. Jihyun’s arm was around his neck and she could feel herself blushing madly. She wanted to get down from him and walked by herself. “Woohyun oppa, you can let me down now. I can walk.” She said quietly. She didn't look at Woohyun but just set her gazed on her laps.

No you don’t.” He said sternly but didn't look at Jihyun. She looked up and saw his serious face. “How can you say you were okay when you hurt like this?” He said gently and this time he looked down and locked eyes with Jihyun. She was drowned in those warm brown eyes. She could feel her heart beat tripled and butterflies fly freely in her stomach. Surprisingly she could also felt Woohyun’s heart tripled the pace because her bare thigh was on his left side.

They arrived at the nurse’s office but stopped in front of the door. None of them spoke any words but exchanged a lot of feelings through the eye contact. But the staring was torn away when the nurse’s office abruptly opened. The nurse eyes widened seeing Jihyun bleeding knee and arm.

Omo! What happened?” She asked worriedly. “PE.” Woohyun muttered and the nurse told them to come inside. Woohyun gently put Jihyun on the bed and the nurse came with medicine. She started to treat her wounds. Jihyun jolted when the medicine came in contact with her wound. Her hand automatically grabbed Woohyun’s hand who was standing beside her. Woohyun was startled when she held his hand. Jihyun didn't even notice she was holding his hand because of the pain.

Woohyun gently looked at her and saw her biting her lips preventing herself from screaming out loud. Then his eyes drifted to their hands. Jihyun’s small hand felt right in his big hand. He felt like he had found the missing puzzle in his life. After a few more minutes, the nurse was done bandaging her wounds. “There all done.” The nurse smiled and went to the back to put the medicine back to the cabinet. Jihyun sighed in relieved and she looked to the side. That was when she realized that she was holding Woohyun’s hand. Her eyes widened and she quickly pulled her hand away, much to Woohyun disappointment.

S-sorry.” Jihyun stuttered and looked down on the floor with a flushed face. Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “Let’s get back to class.” Woohyun said. Jihyun nodded stepped down from the bed and stumbled when she felt the pain on her knee. Woohyun quickly grabbed her arms before she could fall.

Let me help you get to your class.” Woohyun said without looking at her. Before she could protest, Woohyun slung her arm around his neck and he wrapped his arm around Jihyun’s waist. Jihyun eyes widened when she felt his arm around her slim waist. Slowly they walked out from the nurse’s office. The walked to the class was silence as both of them didn't say anything. Only they knew how their heart beat was beating faster than it usual pace.

The students looked and gasped loudly when they saw Jihyun and Woohyun at the door. Woohyun ignored them completely and let go of Jihyun.

Thanks oppa for helping me.” Jihyun smiled brightly at him. Woohyun couldn’t help and smiled a bit when he saw that smiled. “No problem. I’ll get going now.” He said. Jihyun nodded and Woohyun walked away to his class. Jihyun looked at him until he was gone from her sight. She sighed in content and limped to her seat. She smiled goofily and Kimchi gave her a funny looked and chuckled to herself. That was when Jihyun noticed her best friend.

Oh Kimchi-ah, when did you get here?” Jihyun asked innocently. Kimchi laughed, “I was sitting here since you were in the nurse’s office. But you were too busy ogling on you Woohyun oppa to notice me.” She laughed once again. Jihyun just smiled shyly. Kimchi calmed down from her laughed and nudged Jihyun. She looked at her. “You know… that’s the first time I saw Woohyun sunbae smiled. I think he fell for you.” Kimchi winked and Jihyun secretly wished what she said is true.

-----------------

The sophomore class was noisy as the teacher didn't come in yet. Jihyun stood up from her seat. “I’m going to the girls’ restroom. Want to come along?” She asked Kimchi. The latter shook her head. “I’ll be right back.” Jihyun said and walked out from the classroom. She wasn’t limping anymore because her cut on her knee had dried up. It was still hurt a bit but she could manage. She entered one of the cubicles and after she was done, she walked out and went to the sink to wash her hands.

Girls’ laughter could be heard as the girls entered the restroom. “Well, look at here. The school’s princess Kang Jihyun.” A voice said. Jihyun looked up at the mirror and saw Woori smirking at her. Her friends were besides her grinning like a they are. Jihyun eyes slightly widened as fear engulfed inside her. She turned around to face them. Woori was slowly walking towards and touched her hair and put a fake sad face. “Poor you, you were hurt.” She cooed and looked at Jihyun scratched cheek.

Then Woori eyes turned hard. She grabbed the back of Jihyun’s head and pulled her hair harshly. Jihyun let out a little yelped. “I told you to stay away from Woohyun oppa. What part of stay away don’t you understand?!” Woori raised her voice and pulled Jihyun’s hair harshly. Her eyes started to tear because of the pain. “I warned you before but you didn't listen. Now it’s time for you to learn your lesson.” Woori smirked and pushed her hardly. Jihyun’s back bumped into the wall and winced. Her back was already hurt because she fell on the track and now it hurt even more.

Woori and her friends closed in and Jihyun couldn’t do anything about it. She closed her eyes and get ready for the pain.