Avoiding

The Person I Love [HIATUS]

Kimchi bit her thumbnail worriedly. The teacher already came in and started the lesson, but Jihyun didn't come back to the class yet. She wanted to go to the restroom to look for Jihyun, but before she could do it the teacher came in. And she had no choice but to go back to her seat.

The bell rang signaling the end of the school for today. Kimchi quickly packed her stuffs and dashed out from the class. She went into the restroom and a loud gasped emitted from . Jihyun was lying there. Her hair covered her face and she looked in a mess. Kimchi went to her side and gently moved Jihyun’s hair from her face. Her eyes widened when she saw Jihyun bruised face, her arms also had bruised.

Jihyun eyes fluttered opened and she stared at Kimchi weakly. Kimchi eyes already started b with tears seeing her friend like this. “Who did this to you?” She whispered. Jihyun just shook her head. “YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHO IT IS! SOMEONE HURT YOU LIKE THIS AND YOU STILL WON’T TELL ME?!” Kimchi yelled in outraged. Jihyun grabbed her hand gently to calm her down. Jihyun felt pain all over her body. “It’s that Woori and her friends’ right?” Kimchi whispered hatefully. Jihyun just kept quiet and she knew she said the right person. Kimchi clenched her fists as it shook vigorously.

“Please…” Jihyun whispered. “Don’t do anything to them…” She said. Kimchi was about to protest when Jihyun continued. “I don’t want this thing to get big. I don’t want my parents to know. Please keep it a secret from everybody.” She pleaded. Kimchi looked away, she hated seeing her like this. For once, Kimchi hate that Jihyun was so nice.

“Can I stay at your house for few days? I don’t want to go home looking like a mess. I looked horrible and so not princess like I usually do.” Jihyun let out a small laughed. Kimchi looked at her with a serious mixed with a worried expression. “How can you joke in a situation like this?” Kimchi asked her. Jihyun just smiled a little. Kimchi shook her head with a sighed. “Of course you can stay in my house. You can stay there as long as you want.”

Jihyun gave her hand a gentle squeezed. “Thanks Kimchi-ah.”

“You don’t have to thank me. That’s what friends do, helping each other. Now come on, let’s go home.” Kimchi said. She slung Jihyun’s arm around her neck and held her waist. They made sure that no one was in school anymore and walked out from the school. Kimchi’s chauffeur fetched them and they went to Kimchi’s house.

---------------------

It had been three days Jihyun at Kimchi’s house. Jihyun told her parents that she stayed at Kimchi’s house for a while because she was bored at the mansion. Her parents were not home also so it was easier for her to make excused for her being lonely. Her parents let her stay there and told her to take care of herself. When they first came home, Kimchi’s mom got the shocked of her life when she saw Jihyun in a mess. Kimchi explained her situation and Kimchi’s mom gladly accepted her in her house and promised to keep it a secret.

And for three days, Jihyun didn't go to school. She scared to face Woori. She didn't want to get beaten again. Once was enough for her. She couldn’t deny it, she missed Woohyun a lot. She wanted to see him, she wanted to talk to him, and she wanted to be with him. But she couldn’t. If she got near Woohyun again, Woori would be furious and Jihyun would get hurt again.

Jihyun sighed and leaned on the windowsill. She closed her eyes as a tear dropped from her eyes.

------------------------

Woohyun sighed as he leaned on the bleachers. He was looking at the school field, where Jihyun always ran to meet Infinite. With her boxes of lunch and her bright smiled that never left her face. It had been three days since he last saw her. And he couldn’t deny that he missed her so much that it hurts. Secretly, he went to Jihyun’s mansion yesterday and the day before. Hoping to catch a glimpsed of Jihyun, but he didn't saw her at all.

He asked Kimchi where was Jihyun. She said that Jihyun went on a business trip with her parents. But while Kimchi said that, she didn't even dare to look up at his face. His intuition said that Kimchi was lying but he pushed the feeling away.

Woohyun looked at the school field longingly and finally he lied down on the bleachers. Sunggyu came beside him. “I wonder where Jihyun is. She didn't come back from her business trip yet?” Sunggyu asked.

“I don’t know.” Woohyun muttered. The rest of his friends came and sat around there.

“I don’t know about you guys. But I saw Woori being all giddy and hyper lately, especially around Woohyun.” Sungyeol said and sipped on his box of juice.

“That queenka wannabe? She’s nothing compared to Jihyun. She is just a two face .” Hoya said and scowled. The others nodded their heads, agreeing what Hoya just said. Woohyun stayed in his lying position and thought about Jihyun.

-----------------

Ten days, Jihyun hadn’t come to school for ten days and Woohyun was missing her like crazy. He became grumpier than ever. Even the slightest mistake would make him yell. Woori sometimes scared to come near him when he was in this state. But it still didn't stop her for always clinging on Woohyun. Infinite was sitting on the bleachers while looking at Woohyun dunking the basketball in the net over and over again. He was drenched with sweats already.

“What’s wrong with that guy lately?” L muttered to himself, but everyone on the bleachers could still hear him. Sungjong sighed. “Woohyun hyung is so scary lately. I can’t even joke with him or else he will grab my neck.” Sungjong shivered when he remembered what happened a few days ago when he wanted to make a joke with Woohyun. Of course Woohyun was always cold but he could take his friends’ joke, but now not anymore.

“I think it because of Jihyun.” Sunggyu said and they all turned to look at him. “What about her?” Hoya asked. Sunggyu rubbed his forehead. “Can you guys see? He’s being grumpy because Jihyun didn't come to school. I think he missed her so much that it made him went nuts.” Sunggyu said. The members looked at their leader confusedly.

“Are you saying that…?” Dongwoo trailed off. Sunggyu nodded his head. “Woohyun fell in love with her but he just too dense to realize it.” He said and leaned back on his seat. The others mouths fell opened as they stared at the leader in disbelief.

“YOU GUYS!!!” Sungyeol dolphin voice could be heard from afar. He was running through the school field. He stopped in front of the bleachers half panting. Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. “What is it choding?” He asked. Sungyeol looked up and his eyes were wide. “Jihyun is back to school! I saw her at the hallway!” Sungyeol said loudly. They heard a ball dropped and turned at the basketball court. Woohyun was gone already.

They all turned to Sunggyu who smirked. “I told you guys~” He sing song.

“Told what?” Sungyeol scratched his not aching head and blinked innocently.

----------------------

Woohyun came to an abrupt stopped. Sungyeol was right, Jihyun was back. She was at her locker with her best friend. Smiling and laughing, looking absolutely beautiful as ever. Woohyun just stared at her. He didn't move an inch as he looked at her. He couldn’t tear his gazed away from her. He wanted to run to her and hug her tightly in his arms and never wanted to let her go. While she was gone for ten days, he didn't know why he was being grumpy.

But now that he got to see her in front of his eyes again, he was sure of his own feelings. The cold kingka Nam Woohyun has finally fell in love with the school’s princess Kang Jihyun.

Jihyun looked up with a smiled and saw Woohyun a few feet away from her. Her smile slowly faded. Her heart skips a beat seeing him. She has missed him so much. Ten days without seeing him was miserable for her but she tried to keep those feelings away.

Woohyun expectantly looked at her. He imagined Jihyun ran towards him with her usual bright smiled and called him oppa. Asking him how his days were without her. But his hope was crushed and fell into the drain when Jihyun looked away and walked away with her friend. Woohyun’s heart fell when he saw that. He just stood there froze on the spot while looking at Jihyun retreating figure.

------------------

Jihyun looked down and looked at the school field. It had been a week she avoided Infinite, especially Woohyun. Infinite was sitting there as usual. Her eyes scanned the place and saw Woohyun lying on the bleachers. One of his arms was around his eyes and the other was on his stomach. She was at the rooftop which was supposed to be the fourth floor.

She looked longingly at them. She wanted to go there and talked with them, sharing lunch with them like she usually did. But what if Woori saw her with them, she didn't want to get beaten again. She didn't want her friend and her parents to worry about her.

“Are you seriously going to ignore them like this?” Kimchi came beside her and asked her. Her eyes drifted to Infinite at the bleachers.

“I have no other choice…” Jihyun whispered sadly. Kimchi looked at her. “You have a choice Jihyun-ah. Just tell the teacher what happened, or tell Infinite about this. They will do something about it. That queenka wannabe should know her place. She didn't have any right to push you away from Infinite, especially Woohyun sunbae. It’s not like she own them or anything.” Kimchi put her hands up in the air in frustration.

“I don’t want to look like a whiny baby. As long as I stay away from Infinite nothing bad going to happen. Besides if my parents know that I got bullied, they will transfer me to other school and then I will never see Woohyun oppa again. Even though I can’t get near him anymore but seeing him from afar is enough for me.” Jihyun said with a small bitter smiled. Kimchi turned quiet and she looked at her friend sadly. Jihyun walked passed Kimchi, back facing her.

“You said… this love between me and Woohyun oppa is impossible… I think you are right. It is impossible.” She whispered the last word painfully. Tears were starting to fall from her eyes. Kimchi softened and her eyes were sad. “Jihyun-ah…”

“I’m going to the restroom.” Jihyun said quickly before Kimchi could see her tears. She walked down the stairs and stopped at the stairs of the second floor. Luckily for her, no one was there. So she let her tears fell freely from her cheeks. She leaned on the wall, supporting her from falling on her knees. Suddenly, she heard footsteps climbing up the stairs. She quickly wiped her tears away and lowered her head, letting her hair covered her face. She started to walk down the stairs when someone that was going up grabbed her arm.

Her eyes widened when she saw that big strong hand on her arm. She knew whose hand was it. She closed her eyes and held her breath.

“Jihyun-ah…” Woohyun called her gently but she didn't look up. She kept her head lowered. Woohyun tried to peered on her face but she just look away. “Jihyun… are you okay?” He asked worriedly.

“Please don’t call me like that… it hurts me because I know you can’t be mine…”Jihyun thought and bit her bottom lip. “I’m okay…” She whispered. She felt her voice would crack up if she talked to him.

“Why didn't you come to the school field like you usually did?” He asked ever so gently that it made Jihyun felt guilty. Her heart squeezed in pain. “I was busy… with school works.” She lied. Woohyun dropped his hand from her arm. “I don’t know why… but I felt like you’re avoiding us… especially me.” Woohyun said almost like a whispers.

He had hit the bull eyes and Jihyun’s hands began to tremble. She didn't want to cry in front of Woohyun. The bell rang, the lunch time was over. “I have to go.” Jihyun said and walked away quickly before Woohyun could stop her.

“I’m sorry Woohyun oppa…”