It's Just a One-Sided Love (Prologue)

The Person I Love [HIATUS]

“OMG! It’s Infinite!” A girl squealed. Just from a girl squealed the hallway was now filled with girls screaming. Calling out their members name, all 7 of them. Some girls were even lost their voices because of the screaming. Infinite walked in the hallway with full of confidence. Smirks were on their face. They didn’t wear the uniform neatly. Their ties were loosened and their shirts weren’t tucked in their pants.

Just like the bad boys they were, they didn’t care about the rules at all. All students afraid of them and none of them dared to speak up on them. If they do, only one thing would happen. They would be beaten to dead.

The teachers didn’t say anything about these too. Infinite was known as one of the badass gang in Seoul. Maybe they were the first in the list of the feared gang ever. There were many rumors about them. Them taking drugs, killing people etc. I don’t know if those rumors were true or not. If it was true, why Infinite never caught by police before?

You must be thinking who am I?

I’m Jihyun. Kang Jihyun. Currently in my sophomore year. I had known Infinite since elementary school. I was afraid of them. Really afraid of them, I couldn’t even look at them. I would trembled and I was just afraid they would do something to me.

But I didn’t know that my feared for them had turned into love for a certain boy in Infinite.

His name was Nam Woohyun.

He was a senior. He was also one of the strongest members in Infinite. Just by looking at his tone muscles people would started running away instantly. His gazed was cold like the ice but yet gentle when he smiled. He rarely smiled but I got the chance to see it when he was hanging out with Infinite. His voice was deep and gentle but scary when he was mad. Called me a stalker but I’m just curious about him after he had saved me from being bullied in middle school.

That’s when I started to fall for him.

 

*FLASHBACK*

The school ended and everybody rushed out from the school wanted to go home. I was walking with my best friend as she talked about her boyfriend which she just got 2 days ago. I just stayed quiet and listened. I nodded sometimes and smiled when I heard she talked about how romantic her boyfriend was.

When we reached the gate her boyfriend already waited for her. She waved goodbye to me and walked with her boyfriend leaving me behind. I didn’t care, I’m happy that she got someone that she really loves. I walked alone to my house while grabbing tightly on my strap bag. 

While walking I saw a few boys wearing our school uniforms. I know them they were seniors in our school. They were leaning against the brick wall and were smoking cigarettes. I made a face while looking at them. I hate boys who smoke. Why they want to kill themselves even thought they were still young. I ignored them and walked past them without taking a glanced at them.

“Hey you. Stop!” One of the boys said. I don’t want to stop but my feet automatically stopped when they called me. I turned around with a blank expression.

“Oh! It’s the quiet girl.” He laughed and his friends joined too. I just stared at them with expressionless face. I took a step backward and turned around, started to walk again. I heard them calling me again but I just ignored them. Not until one of them ran up to me and blocked my way.

“Where do you think you’re going?” The boy named Daewoong asked me. I didn’t answered and tried to walk past him but he blocked my way again. I clenched my fist feeling irritated.

“If you want to past through us, give us your money.” Another one named Jungmin said.

“I don’t have money.” I said quietly.

“Don’t have money? Are you kidding me? Your parents are filthy rich! What was your parents company’s name again?” Daewoong asked and leaned his face closer to mine.

“Hyundai.” His friend named Chanhee said with a grinned.

“Yeah… so don’t be a cheapskate and give your money.” Daewoong said and held out his palm. I don’t have money now. My parents cut my allowance because I failed math in exam.

“I said I don’t have any.” I said again calmly.

“Aish…” Daewoong scoffed. Then his face slowly turned into a grinned. I don’t like his grinned.

“If you couldn’t give us money… maybe you can give us something else.” He said and glance at his friends. What did he meant by that. I opened my mouth to ask but in a wink I was pinned against the wall. Jungmin and Chanhee were holding both of my wrists. I struggled to free myself from their grip but it was too strong. Daewoong came to me and cupped my face.

“You’re kind of cute.” He said with erted smiled. I glared at him and kick him in the shin. He let out a loud ‘Offh’ sound and fell on the floor. His friends’ mouth wide opened. He stood up trembling while holding his thing.

“You little !” He yelled and slapped me on the face. My face whipped to the side and I felt my left cheek burning because of the slapped. I felt like tears welled up in my eyes. He cupped my face and turned my face to him.

“If you dare do that again, I’ll kill you.” Daewoong threatened. I swallowed my saliva and praying that someone will save me. Daewoong face was getting closer to mine. I couldn’t move because he cupped my face. I couldn’t kick him again. He would kill me! NO! I don’t want my first kiss to lose to someone like this.

“Let her go or you’re the one who will be killed.” A voice snarled. Daewoong and his friends looked where the voice was. I couldn’t because Daewoong filthy hands were still on my face.

“Eh? Who are you?” Daewoong asked and raised an eyebrow.

“You don’t need to know. Just let her go.” The boy who was trying to save me said. His voiced sound extremely scary that it sent shivers down to my spine. Daewoong let go of my face and walked towards whoever the boy was. I turned my head to look who the boy was. Then my eyes widened.

It was one of the Infinite members

Woohyun….

If I could say it out loud I wanted to say, ‘DAEWOONG YOU’RE DEAD!’ but I couldn’t so I just watched them. I think Daewoong didn’t know about Infinite yet. They were the new jjang in our school after Epik High. Infinite was not really known yet because the group just started like 2 months ago. But I knew who they were, the middle school girls were crazy about them and couldn’t stop gossiping about them.

“Hey kid. I think you should just go home to your mommy.” Daewoong said and patted Woohyun’s head. He glared at him and pushed Daewoong’s hand away. Daewoong for a while blinked. Woohyun ignored him and walked to me.

“Let her go.” Woohyun growled slowly and glared at them. Surprisingly Jungmin and Chanhee let me go. My hands fell to my side.

“Go.” Woohyun said softly different from the voice that I heard earlier. My heart did that weird move inside me and I felt butterflies in my stomach. His voice were very gentle that I could feel that my heart melt right away. His gazed didn’t leave my eyes at all. I felt my cheeks heating because of that gazed.

“Hey! I’m not done with you.” Daewoong grabbed Woohyun’s shoulder but in a blink of an eye Woohyun flung Daewoong over his shoulder. He groaned in pained. I let out a gasp as Woohyun didn’t leave his gaze from me when he flung Daewoong over his shoulder. Jungmin ran towards Woohyun to give him a punch.

“Woohyun sunbae watch out!” I said and pointed behind him. He turned around just in time and he ducked from Jungmin’s punch. Woohyun punched him in the stomach and he doubled over. Chanhee was hesitated at first but then he started to run to Woohyun to attack him. Just when he got near, Woohyun spin kick him on the face. He smashed on the wall. Daewoong tried to get up but Woohyun was quick and he kicked Daewoong on the face. He passed out right away.

Jungmin stood up bravely and looked at Woohyun. Just when Woohyun took a step towards him, Jungmin started running like he saw a ghost. Woohyun smirked.

I was awed right there and then. Three seniors and a sophomore. I don’t know those seniors were those weak.

“Close your mouth.” Woohyun said to me. I closed my mouth. I didn’t even realize that my mouth was opened. Woohyun looked at me and then he started to walk away.

“THANK YOU!” I shouted before he got far away. He didn’t turn back or stopped but I know he heard me. My lips turned into a smiled and I started to walk to my house.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

That’s how I started to like him. He saved me.

But…

After that we never talked to each other. Which I was very disappointed. I was invisible to him. He didn’t even know me. What am I talking about? He was the kingka and jjang of the school. I was just a quiet girl who has rich parents. People friends with me just because I was rich, they were not my real friends.

Technically I have no friends, except for my best friend.

Right now, I was in front of the school gate waiting for my chauffeur to pick me up. I puffed up my cheeks and kicked the small stones on the road. Just then I heard loud girls screamed. I turned my head to that direction and saw the love of my life, Woohyun. He was walking to his motorcycle with his hands in his pockets. I just looked at him from afar.

How could he notice me if I just watch him and not say hello?

I didn’t have the guts to do that.

He hopped onto his motorcycle and started the engine. Without bothering to wear a helmet he sped off out from the school gate. I looked at him until he was gone from my sight. I sighed.

From the beginning I knew that…

It was just a one-sided love…