Confrontation.

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Yoseob's POV

 

“Let’s hang out together! It’s been long since I last saw you~” Kikwang whined on the other end of the phone.

“Don’t you have practice today?” I asked, frustrated.

“Nope, I’m free~!” He sang cheerily.

“Oh well, whatever.”

“Yayyyyyy!”

“But I’m going somewhere. You have to tag along then. Most importantly, no complaints.” I warned him beforehand.

“Yeah, I’ll try. Keke”

“Be here by noon then. See you, pabo kwang” I hung up soon after.

 

‘If they’re twins, they should be studying in the same school. And the drunk girl I saw that day is Ji Hyun. So the one who went out with me yesterday should Ji Hyun’s twin since she said she doesn’t drink...’ I analyzed.

 

I grabbed a paper and scribbled down the things that came to my mind.

 

“Wait! If they’re twins, they should have things differentiating themselves from one another right?” I questioned myself.

 

I thought hard.

 

“Her fringe changes every time I see her!” I exclaimed and gave myself a pat on the back.

“Her specs..?”

 

‘But she had side fringe and no specs when she came out with me yesterday… Hmm.. Is it possible that she changed her hairstyle to be more like Ji Hyun?’ I studied my piece of paper carefully.

 

“Well, the answer is pretty obvious now” I smiled.

“Ji Hyun’s twin is the person I like!” I concluded confidently.


‘RIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG’

 

“Seob! Open the door; I’m hereeeeee~” Kikwang yelled on top of the noisy door-banging and bell-ringing.

“Yahhhhhhh!” I answered the door while covering my ears.

“Sorry!” He walked into the apartment and lay on the couch with a loud thud.

“Hold on while I prepare”

“Yes sir! Where are we going anyway?” He asked curiously.

“I need to confess. Again…” I answered.

“Confess!? You’re confessing?! OMOOOOO” Kikwang shrieked excitedly. “I’m so gonna call all the guys over!”

“Then you’re so not coming with me” I shot him a glare.

“Fine fine! Hurry prepare! I wanna see who’s the lucky girl who stole our little Yoseobbie’s heart~” He teased.

“Oh, shut up, you pabo…” I shut the bathroom door and blasted my iPod to drown out all unnecessary noise.


“Hey, look! It’s the guy who confessed to Ji Eun yesterday!” I hear murmurs all around me.

 

‘Ji Eun? Is that the name of Ji Hyun’s twin? So I was right. I confessed to her…’

 

“He brought another guy with him?”

“Maybe the other one is going to confess to the other twin! Kekeke” Some of them started giggling at that comment.

“I hope Ji Hyun doesn’t make Ji Eun come out to meet him again…”

“It’s wrong that way…”

 

By now, many pairs of eyes were already on us, watching our every action. I strolled over to one of the girls.

 

“Ji Hyun’s at the computer lab on the second floor!” She answered me before I could ask.

“Thank you very much”

 

“Oppa! Why are you here again?” The girl, whom Ji Eun called Min previously, came up to me.

“I’m here to…”

“I know! You’re looking for Ji Eun… Erm… Ji Hyun unnie. Am I right?” She answered her own question before I could complete my sentence.

“Smart girl” I patted her head.

“Wow, you brought another friend? Hi there! I’m Minyoung” She held out a hand towards Kikwang.

“Nice to meet you, Minyoung” Kikwang shook her hand with his usual smile.

“Min, can you help me to”

“I’ll go get unnie now!” She chuckled.

“Hold on!” I stopped her before she ran off.

“Why?”

“Bring both Ji Eun and Ji Hyun unnie, alright?”

“Oppa! How did you…” She asked, stupefied at my words.

“I have my ways. Hurry!” I urged her.

“Alright… I’ll be back before you know it!” She dashed for a nearby building.

 

Ji Eun’s POV

 

“UNNIEEEEE! WE HAVE AN EMERGENCY NOW!!” Min screamed.

 

‘This spells trouble. She never over-reacts in this way before.’ I thought dreadfully as Min burst through the lab door.

 

“What happened, dear?” Hyun went up to calm her down.

“Oppa is looking for you again!”

“I see… Ji Eun-ah…” Hyun started.

“This time, he wants to see the both of you. Ji Hyun and Ji Eun unnie..” Min whispered timidly as she gasped for more oxygen.

“WHAT!?!?” Hyun exclaimed in rude shock.“HOW DID HE…!?!?”

“I don’t know either, unnie… Definitely not me!” Min raised both hands up in surrender position.

“Well, I kind of let the cat out of the bag unintentionally yesterday…”

“Is that why your eyes are swollen when you came home?” Hyun crossed her arms.

“That is not the point now… He is” I pointed at Yoseob oppa who was patiently waiting.

 

‘That boy! He’s the one who consoled me yesterday at the park..!?’ My jaw dropped as my eyes fell on the other boy standing next to Yoseob oppa.

 

Min pushed both of us out of the lab with a strong jerk.

 

“Stop avoiding it. Time to face your worst fears, unnie! FIGHTING!” Min encouraged as we ambled across the long corridor.

“We’re so dead” Hyun breathed out while we headed down the stairs.

 

Yoseob’s POV

 

“Oppa! I brought them here!” Min yelled from afar and I looked up.

“Wow, both of you are replicates…” Kikwang gasped at the twins.

“Are you free to talk now? Can we find somewhere more private?” I asked them.

“Why not go to the back hill?” Min suggested.

“Let’s go then” One of the twins said.

 

The four of us strolled in silence after Min left. Both twins held hands, my hands were in my pockets while Kikwang seem to be in a deep thought.

 

“What are you thinking about?” I whispered to him.

“I saw that girl without specs yesterday at the park! She was crying. That girl with the nerdy specs looks kind  of familiar too…” He whispered back with eyes full of doubt.

“Don’t think too much about it” I don't blame him for getting confused so easily, being a pabo he already is.

 

I mean, solving questions that require thinking caps was never the thing for him.


 

We settled ourselves down and the awkward atmosphere starts to get better after I introduced Kikwang.

 

“So you’re Ji Hyun” I pointed at the girl with a side fringe pinned up with her butterfly hairpin and she nodded.

“You’re Ji Eun, right?” I turned to the girl with bangs and specs.

“That’s me..” She nodded.

“You’re the one I helped in the music project too.” It sounded more like a statement than a question.

 

She nodded and turned to Kikwang.

 

“Did you tell Yoseob oppa what happened yesterday?”

“Me? What happened?” Kikwang scratched his head in confusion.

“We met.. Remember?”

“No! I met Ji Hyun! Not you! The girl didn’t have specs and had side fringe yesterday”

“Well, I’ll skip that explanation…” Ji Eun sighed.

 

“Hey! You’re the girl I saw that day when I was on my way to the library! You were reading your book when you knocked into me. I remember the geeky specs! Do you remember me?” Kikwang asked Ji Eun randomly with a silly smile.

“Not really…”

“Hey hey! What’s going on here? Someone give me a hint! I’m really confused!” Ji Hyun interfered.

“I think I’m done here… I know what’s going on.” I announced.

“As expected from the second in level keke” Kikwang blurted out.

“Give me a clue please?” Ji Hyun pleaded.

“Hey, I think we should go…” Kikwang stood up and tugged at Ji Hyun’s hand.

“Ji Eun-ah…” Ji Hyun moved closer to Ji Eun.

 

Ji Eun’s POV

 

Hyun came nearer and whispered into my ear,“I think you're the one he really likes. Don’t be stubborn anymore…”

 

She stood up after finishing and skipped happily back to the school building while chatting with Kikwang oppa, whom she just met. I stared at their faltering backs as my thoughts drifted. Yoseob oppa cleared his throat and brought me back to reality.

 

“Yes?” I pushed up my specs nervously.

“Why are you so awkward around me now? Aren’t we just fine before this?”

“That was before the whole misunderstanding was cleared up…” I mumbled.

“Can’t we go back to what we were before?” He asked with an innocent look in his eyes.

“I don’t know… It feels weird..”

“Why?”

“Because there’s something I’m really confused and curious about…”

“Then ask me”

“Who do you really like? The pretty and y Ji Hyun; or the plain and nerdy me?” I looked down, afraid of his answer.

“I like the person whom I met coincidentally in front of that café; the person whom I wrote the song for; the unique girl who enjoys walking in the rain and makes me worry a lot. Are you her?”

 

I froze on the spot.

 

‘That person he’s talking about… Is that… Me?’

 

Yoseob’s POV

 

‘Why is she so silent?’

 

“I like you the best” I placed my hand on hers as I gave a firm answer.

“Really?”

“No, not really. It's more of love” I answered truthfully.

“Really?” She questioned me once again.

“Aish! This girl” I ruffled her hair while stifling a laugh.

“Oppa!” She smiled and attempted to avoid my touch.

“Will you be my girlfriend, Lee Ji Eun?” I asked seriously all of a sudden.

“Yes, of course” She giggled.

 

I pulled her into a hug.

 

‘Finally.. The correct person after going around the earth a 100 rounds…’


 

Didn't write it the way I planned to and of course it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. Le sigh. I just followed my heart to piece bits together. Sorry for the lousy chapter. I no longer love writing as much as before. That's really sad T^T And the fonts keeps going all haywire on me so I couldn't update for 2 days. Is the chapter poster pretty? I LOVE IT! ^^v

WARNING! DreamzxcPwnedd & x3minari might just bash me for mentioning this again but I just wanted to share with you guys! :'( I went for FTI's autograph session yesterday and I nearly died amongst those hardcore prims. Anyways, check out my one-shot - Life as it is. I finished it! Yayyy! *throws confetti* And for those who didn't know. I finished revamping my first fic, The Story Only We Knew, too! Yayyy! *throws more confetti*