Meeting..?

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Yoseob’s POV

 

“Mean, median and mode is at the peak of the normal distribution graph, and one standard deviation is 5 so…”

“Yoseob, dear, can you please run an errand for me?” Someone said while opening the door.

“Can’t you see that I’m actually busy studying for my exam, mummy?” I said with a tint of annoyance, my back still facing her.

“You’ve been studying once you reach home every day ever since school started. Please just get away from those books for a day. You need a break, dear” She my hair as I continued scribbling.

“I don’t have enough time for breaks, mummy! I still have Economics, Literature and Physics left to study. And I haven’t finished Statistics yet!” I complained, almost wanting to pull out all my hair at the thought of the amount of things left to be studied.

“Stop giving yourself so much stress, Seobbie. You’ve been doing well academic-wise” She reassured me about her being satisfied with my results.

“Yeah, but not good ENOUGH. I’m only second in level” I reminded her.

 

 I always hated losing. I had to excel in everything that I do. I must. And I don’t understand my mum sometimes. She keeps dissuading me. She must be the only parent in this world who asks their child to keep away from books.

 

“Just go. Post this letter for me. And get some sodas from the supermarket across the junction” She gave me a slight push out of my room and handed me a brown envelope along with some money.

“But I…”

“Objection overruled” She commanded and slammed the door at me.

“At least give me my iPod, mummy” I whined from outside the apartment.

“Here” She opened the door, handed me the device and shut the door once again.

 

“Square-root of total summation of the product of frequency and midpoint minus x-bar divided by n-1 for a sample data…” I tried to internalise the formula I was looking at a moment ago, while plugging the earphones into my ears and start heading for the elevator.


 

‘The post box is so far away from our building! I could have spent these 30 minutes more wisely than walking up and down the street, posting letters and buying drinks’ I made a face and scowled inwardly with the grocery bag in my hands.

 

Just then, someone bumped into me from the back. I turned my head and saw nothing. I lowered my gaze and it fell on a petite girl. She hung her head low, probably embarrassed that she just walked into me. When she looked up, I narrowed my eyes at her unintentionally. I couldn’t hear a thing, except for the song that was currently playing on my iPod. She bowed slightly and seemed to be saying something repeatedly. Lazy to interpret what she was trying to say by lip-reading, I pulled out the earphone with my free hand.

 

“I’m really sorry” Her soothing voice replaced the heavy metal music that was playing a few moments ago.

“It’s alright. Just be more careful next time! You should head home; it looks like it’s going to rain soon…” I advised her.

“Thanks for your concern, oppa” She bowed again.

“Well, I’ll get going now” I gave a small wave and left her.


 

“I’m home!” I yelled loudly once I took off my shoes.

 

I walked to my room, after putting the sodas into the fridge, only to find it locked. Then I saw the hateful yellow note:

 

“Seobbie dear,

            I’m out with daddy for a wedding dinner. Watch TV instead of reading books today, alright? We’ll be back as soon as possible”

 

“Aish! You’d better hurry back to unlock the door!” I said in frustration as I slumped down on the couch, crushing the post-it note in my hand.

 

If I can't study, there would be nothing to do. Both noona and hyung wasn't here to hang out with me - they were away for their camp trip with their friends. Yeah, I have two other siblings and I was the youngest at home. Everyone doted on me and you could say that I'm a little spoilt. JUST A LITTLE ^^

 

I switched on the television set and watched a bit of the draggy drama serial that was broadcasting. I'm looking at the screen but nothing seems to be going into my head. You could say I spaced out. Bored, I stared at the dark clouds outside of the balcony. It was starting to drizzle and the rain starting to grow heavy as every minute passes.

 

“I wonder if she reached home…” I wondered out loud and shrugged the thought off almost immediately.

 

I slapped myself mentally. “You don’t have time to think about girls now, Yang Yoseob! Not to mention a stranger.”

 

I switched off the television and stared at the black screen for a while. My thoughts drifted off as I stared at the rain storm outside.

 

“I wonder if she’s still out there in the rain…”

 

At the back of my head, there was another question I was thinking about.

 

‘Why couldn’t I get her off my mind?’


 

Here's the first chapter! How is it? ^^ Anyways, I've gotten another poster from my dear DreamzxcPwnedd, isn't it pretty? :DDD Oh yes. I have a person who applied and send in her poster to me while i was away too. So I have 2 posters again. Hmm. Take note readers! I've changed this to a rated fic cos I'm planning something big big big.. But it's not confirmed yet; I'm too shy for stuff like that keke.

I've been reading a few fantabulous fics and i wonder if you guys read it. Their stories are really good.

MY CELEBRITY ROOMMATE - fanfic by huntress ★ by louraine and huntress

My Secret Texting Partner by Protagonist

Code Name: Seven Archangels by  Kyuri91 [NOTE]: Definitely not for the faint-hearted like me.