Truth unfolds.

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Ji Eun’s POV

 

“Omoooooo! It’s your first date today, Lee Ji Eun” Hyun winked cheekily at me as we entered our room.

“He asked you, Lee Ji Hyun, for a date. He likes you, not me”

“We met only twice and our conversation never even lasted as long as 30 minutes. How could he possibly like me in such a short time? Moreover, you agreed to it, not me…” She rolled her eyes.

“The response just came out the wrong way! It was supposed to be a question, not an answer! He misunderstood!” I fought back.

“Well, it’s your fault! Not mine! And why should I date him when I don’t like him? I barely even know him!”

“Guess what? I don’t like him either. And I barely know him too! So stop pushing me to him, Hyun” I pointed out.

“You know his name… That’s enough for you to fall in love” She stated as-a-matter-of-factly.

“I repeat, I don’t like him! Talk about falling in love. Hmph”

“Just reject him then. Tell him you can’t be his girlfriend anymore. It’s not like you haven’t rejected anyone before”

“He’s different. I can’t hurt him like that… He’s a nice oppa” I admitted in a guilt-ridden voice.

“Why are you considering his feelings? You obviously like him.”

“No, I don’t”

“Whatever, just get ready now… He’s coming at what time again?”

“7” I answered.

“Look, you do care about the date. If not, why did you even bother to remember the time? Stop being stubborn, Lee Ji Eun. I know you better than you know yourself. I’ll do your hair later. Now go take a bath”


 

‘I don’t like him, I don’t..’ I reassured myself while the water from the shower came rushing down on me.

 

Even if I don’t like him romantically, I had to admit that we’re really fated. We’ve met so many times and it was pure coincidence. But what I didn’t understand was: did he like Ji Hyun or me? I also couldn’t clearly decipher what I feel now. I felt both of us had a special connection and we clicked pretty well. He's rather nice to me and he even offered to help me in my project. But that isn’t true love, is it? It’s not that simple.

 

“Okay, maybe I like him a little. Just a little.”

“I heard that!” Hyun shouted from outside.

“YAHHHHHH! Stop eavesdropping and peeping while I’m bathing!”

“I’m not! I’m just setting up the hair dryer and stuff. Why? Are you afraid I’d catch you confessing or something?” She stifled a laugh.

“I’m not…”

“Same old stubborn attitude. I think it’s better if you clear things up with him later, Ji Eun” Her voice suddenly turned serious.

 

‘What if he likes Ji Hyun and not me? I don’t want to reveal the truth… OMOOOOOO WHAT AM I THINKING!!!’

 

“Yah! Why are you so quiet all of a sudden? Are you okay?”

“I think so…” I replied weakly.

 

I was pretty sure I didn’t like him. Or at least I don’t want to trust that I like him. If I gave in to this fact, I might not forgive myself. I only knew him for less than a month and I don’t know if I could trust him. I don’t want to suffer a heartbreak. People who experience heartbreaks vent through their songs and the pain they suffered sounds so horrible I totally don’t want it to happen on me. I want only a happy ending, like in movies and fairytale storybooks; I will settle for nothing lesser than that.


 

I walked slowly down the steps as I looked left and right, searching for him. Hyun said I shouldn’t be too early so I came down 15 minutes late.

 

‘Did he leave already? I hope he’s not angry with me being late…’ I thought silently as I remembered his not-so-good temper.

 

“Looking for someone?” I heard his familiar voice behind me.

 

I twirled 180 degrees to face him. He held a warm smile, totally different from what I had imagined, about him being angry with me for being late.

 

“Oppa…” I greeted with a slight bow.

“There’s no need to be so formal with me!” His smile grew into wide grin.

“Now, I think I can understand why are you late. You look so exceptionally beautiful today, with your plaited hair and all” He continued.

“You’re not angry, are you?” I asked cautiously, constantly stealing glances at him while we walk towards a nearby restaurant.

“Why would I be? I thought it was kind of normal for girls to be late for dates”

“My impression of you was that you’re pretty hot-tempered…” I spoke in an inaudibly small voice, not wanting him to catch what I’ve just said.

“I was just stressed. About exams you know… And competition is pretty stiff in our school so yeah. Sorry if I left a bad impression” He made a face.

“How’s your exams anyway?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Kind of hard but I think I could manage…” He said confidently. “About your music project…”

“What about it?”

“I’m only halfway through it. And I think I need to review it again since it’s not really well done” He admitted truthfully.

“Take your time, you still have more than one week or so. But do you need help? I feel bad making YOU do MY project…” I trialed off, guilty of pushing my work to others and claiming credit for it.

“It’s alright. I can manage it… We’re here.” He said while pulling the door open for me to enter first.


 

“I’m not fussy about food actually..” I studied the menu carefully with its humongous variety of mouth-watering food, unable to make a decision.

“Should I place a random order for you then?” He offered.

“Sure, thanks” I thanked him while closing the menu.

 

‘He’s pretty considerate and gentlemanly… I probably shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. I always thought pretty boys like him can’t be trusted…’ My thoughts wandered until he brought me back to reality with a light wave.

 

“Are you tired after a day of school? If you are, I’ll send you home right after this; we can forget about the movie later…” He expressed worriedly.

“It’s alright. I haven’t been out in a long time already. It’s nice to spend some time outside other than school and home too” I assured him.

“It was my bad, I shouldn’t have asked you out on a school day. Do you have any homework today?”

“A little. Not to worry; I finished it before I came out, oppa!”

“You must be exhausted. I’ll send you home after this. This is an order!” he pointed a finger at me jokingly and commanded.

“Yes sir!” I saluted him in response.

 

Both of us ended up in laughter, making everyone around leaving us weird stares. It wasn’t too bad hanging out with him, in fact, I was having a good time. Other than Hyun and other close friends, he’s probably the one I laughed with and opened up to within the shortest period of time.


 

“Can I ask you something?” He watched me closely suddenly, causing me to gulp nervously.

“A few days before this, I saw you…”

“The day when we met in that café? What about that?” I continued while cutting the steak.

“No, not that. A day before that?”

 

‘A day before that? Was he referring to the day when Hyun got drunk and went crazy? She did mention seeing him. Oh no’ That thought got me all anxious.

 

“You were drunk and I sent you home..?” He leaned forward a little.

“Oh no, I don’t drink. You’ve got the wrong person. Let’s not talk about the past, shall we?” I laughed it off and tried to change topics.

“Wrong person? You look the same as the girl that day…” He asked while dapping his mouth with his napkin.

 

‘He’s too smart to lie past… I must come out with something before the truth gets exposed’ I panicked.

 

“Why are you not speaking up? Are you alright?”

“Oh… That’s because she’s my twin” I blurted.

 

‘OHMYGOD WHAT DID I JUST DO!?’ I covered my mouth in shock.

 

Yoseob’s POV

 

“Oh… That’s because she’s my twin” She muttered and covered right after words.

“Sorry, I’ve got to go.” She dashed out of the place as fast as she could, almost tripping herself in her heels.

“Hold on! Ji Hyun-ah!”

“No, I shouldn’t call her that! If she mentions a twin then is she Ji Hyun or not? Who is the one I like?” I asked myself in an inaudible voice.

 

I thought a lot on my way home after paying the bill. I passed her house, wondering if I should pay her a visit or not. However, I figured it wasn’t a good idea so I decided to leave it as it is. I will clear up my doubts another time soon.

 

‘Hmm… So… She has a twin?’

 

Now, that explains her weird behaviour.


Ji Eun’s POV

 

I ran and ran, making sure the restaurant is a safe distance away before I stopped to catch my breath in a park close by.

 

“What should I do? What if he misunderstood us and thinks that we’ve been playing with him?” I broke down and sat crying on a bench.

 

‘Why did this happen to me? I’ve always wanted a prince charming and now that he’s here, I have to mess everything up. Silly me!’

 

“Why are you crying? Are you alright?” A boy walked over.

 

I looked up to see a somewhat familiar face; those kind eyes and eye smile, I’m sure I had seen them somewhere before.

 

“I screwed things up!” I babbled and continue to cry hysterically.

“Things will be fine. Don’t worry. Be happy! Optimism cures everything” He sat down with me and pulled me into a hug.

 

I was shock, but I did not pull away. Probably because of the familiarity I find in him. For now, I just needed to cry everything off my chest. This feeling is so terrible.


 

Please don't hate on Ji Hyun! She's nice and sweet! Just like Ji Eun. Peace out~ ^^v I sure hope I didn't confuse you guys with this chapter! :DDDDD And and and.. School started. Aww.. :(

[Promotion] Author: b2utysforeverKiKwangLovee/ JunSeobSarang

                     Stories: Do You | Loveless