Empty.

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Yoseob’s POV

 

“Look here, Ill repeat once more, alright?”

 

Kikwang nodded hard while chewing on his lips nervously.

 

“The Average Cost curve and Marginal Cost curve will always intersect at the latter’s minimum because MC curve determines what happens to the AC curve. The shape of the curves are the exact opposite of Marginal Product and Average Product curves. Remember when MP rises, AP will rise and when MP falls, AP will fall too? They work the same way so MC affects the shape of the AC curve. Understood?” I repeated my explanation for the 7th time.

“Erm…” He gulped. “It’s still a little confusing”

“Yah!” I pointed angrily at him. “You’re not even bothering to pay attention to my words!”

 

He kept quiet and stared at his assignment.

 

“Stop training at JYPE, Kikwang. It’s killing nearly all your brain cells. Like seriously. Two more days and it’s economics paper!”

 

I started drawing all the different graphs and curves on a blank piece of paper.

 

“Do you recognize these curves?” I held the paper out to him.

“That’s Total Product curve, AVC curve, AP and… Oh look! It’s raining” He pointed at the window.

“Aish! Stop digressing!” I roared in frustration.

 

I stomped to the window and attempted to pull the curtains to stop the rain from distracting Kikwang any further. Before I could do anything, something on the street caught my eye. There were two girls, in ‘Dongdeok Girls’ High School’ uniform. Upon a closer look, I saw it was… Oh, I don’t know her name yet. It’s the girl I met that day and forgot to get her number; I don’t go around asking for others’ number, it’s only her.

 

She was happily strolling down the street, probably on her way home. She’s with another girl, her friend perhaps. The other girl was busily wearing her raincoat. After she got her raincoat on, I could see her desperately tugging and urging her silly friend, the one who likes to walk in the rain, to run for shelter. I could see her stubbornly yanking her friend’s hand away and continued walking.

 

“Aish! This girl!” I said in annoyance. “I’ll be back soon”

“Yah yah! Where are you going all of a sudden? Seob-ah!” I ignored Kikwang’s yells and dashed out of the house after grabbing an umbrella.

“Why is the elevator so exceptionally slow today!?” I questioned while tapping my feet impatiently.


Ji Eun’s POV

 

“Ji Eun-ah! It’s starting to rain! Hurry” Hyun held my hand tightly and gave it a slight pull.

“No, I want to stay like that!” I resisted strongly.

“I can’t stand you no more! This stubborn girl! Aish!” She gave up temporarily and started to put on her raincoat.

“I’m done. Now let’s go already!” She continued to urge me.

“Alright.” I started slowly.

“Hurry!” She started tugging at my hand.

“Why run?” I yanked her hands off me and continued my original pace.

“I’ll race you..?” She suggested in an attempt to make me go at a faster speedarrow-10x10.png.

 

She always does that. ALWAYS.

 

“There’s no need! Why not we stop debating in the rain and start heading home?” I linked my arms with hers and started dragging her down the street.

“I swear someday you’re gonna to be sick and mummy’s gonna blame me for it!” She cried out loudly in exasperation.

*Sigh* I’ll take the blame for you, don’t worry, Hyun-ah” I reassured her.

“It’s not about the blame! You don’t understand! We’re twins; if something happens to you, I’ll feel uncomfortable too! You should spare a thought for me. Why are you always not listening to me!? For goodness’ sake, I’m the older one; you do remember that right!? And look at your clothes! It’s all wet! Don’t you feel disgusted? I don’t understand you sometimes! You’re soooooo stubborn!” She squint her eyes and threw me a glare.

“Yes yes, naggy ahjumma!”

 

And the rant continued, all the way till we reached home. It’s like our daily routine on rainy days.


Yoseob’s POV

 

‘DING!~’

 

I rushed out of the elevator immediately even before the door opened fully and ran out into the rain to see nothing.

 

Nothing but an empty street.


 

“Yah! Why are you drenched? Why did you run out without telling me anything? Did you know we could both get into trouble if your mom knows about you being this hyterical?” Kikwang bomboarded me with his endless questions.

“I don’t know, I don’t know..”

“What do you not know?! You’re the genius, Mr. Know-It-All, second in level, Seobbie!”

“I don’t know myself anymore, Kiki. My feelings..

“Feelings? What feelings, Seob?He scratched his head and threw me a puzzled look.

“I can’t even concentrate when I study. Not anymore.” I confessed while rubbing my temples.

“Why can’t you?”

“All I think about is…” I slumped my heavy body on the couch.

“Is…?” He prompted.

“Ah! I’m having a headache. SAVE MEEEE!” I screamed into the cushion.

“Hey. Hold on a second! Go take a bathe first! Before your mom returns home, sees you in this state and starts freaking out” He got me into the bathroom with a rough push.

 

I felt relieved when the water from the shower hit me. It’s so refreshing. But it can’t stop me from feeling this used-to-be-well-hidden emptiness inside. I have always felt lonely but never this strongly before. And since when did I start caring for the well being of a stranger girl I've met only twice? Well, thrice, taking into account today's encounter.

 

Love at first sight? Hmm.. No no no, that is just plain stupid and only happens in movies where people ACT it out. It doesn’t happen in reality. Wake up, Yang Yoseob..’ I brushed off that thought in a split second.

But people say when you meet a person thrice consecutively, both of you are fated to be together. So we're fated..? Ah! No no! For goodness heavens, I don't even know her name!’ I screamed in my head.

 

I've never believed in fate. I'm losing it. What is wrong with me, really?

 

I don’t know the answer. But I do know something else.

 

I felt better when I saw her; a lot better.


Ji Eun's POV

 

“Are you done yet?” Hyun popped her head into the bathroom while drying her hair.

“Almost. Yah! Stop peeping at me!” I pressed her face out of the room and slammed the door.

“Hurry! I’m leaving the house soon and I need someone out here to lock the door behind me!” She yelled after a few minutes.

“Lazy girl! Just bring your keys, will you?”

“You know I’m lazy, so just do me the kind favor, will you?”

“Alright, I’m out. Now go and stop getting on my nerves” I said jokingly as I stepped out of the bathroom.

“You’re the best!” She gave me tight hug.

“Only in situations like this” I pouted.

“Who is it today? Tom, or Harry? Keke” I ended my sentence with soft giggles and I'm pretty sure she caught it.

“Hey, it’s not a date today! It’s ‘ladies night’, dear” She answered while ruffling my wet hair.

Dry your hair properly before you catch a cold! She said before closing the door.

“Be back early.” I yelled after her.

 

I knew she wasn’t going to listen to me and return home early. She’s pretty much a rebel, unlike me.


 

I settled down in the balcony with my acoustic guitar. I’ve always liked composing in the balcony; the greenery in it offers me some tint of inspiration. I strummed a few basic notes on my guitar and started tuning it. Hyun always likes to play with it while I’m not around so chances of the notes going off tune are high.

 

I took out my music sheet for the project after tuning my guitar and stared at it for a while. It reminded me of the boy who offered to help but ran away before any promise was made. Yang Yoseob; that name I read off from his name tag was still etched in my mind. I wasn’t exactly missing him or anything, just wondering if we would meet again by any chance, and if he remembers his offer.

 

‘I doubt he even really meant what he says.’ I shrugged off my thoughts.

 

“Anyhow, I should complete my composition before any lyrics can be written” I decided in a determined voice.


 

The poster wasn't very well done. >-< The cuts weren't that perfect, but I'm trying..! :DDDD