Game On.

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Third person’s POV

 

Yoseob sat down on the armchair in front of the window and opened the new book he recently bought at the nearby bookstore before his attacker appeared.

 

“Oppa” Ji Eun whined from behind him.

 

She wrapped her arms around Yoseob’s neck.

 

“What are you reading?” She asked as she peeked over his shoulders.

“The Woman in White”

“Is it a romantic novel?” She asked, smiling wide-eyed. “I want to read it too!”

“Mystery Thriller”

“Oh well” She heaved as she slumped on the seat opposite his.

 

Feeling amused at her sudden change of tone, Yoseob turned to look at her.

 

“Why?”

“I thought my oppa was reading something less…”

“Less?” He prompted.

“Less… creepy” Ji Eun finally decided on her word choice.

“Look at them lovebirds” Ji Hyun appeared from her room and stuck her tongue out, grimacing dramatically.

 

Ji Eun rolled her eyes at her and gave Yoseob a light pat on his shoulder as if to assure him. “Don’t listen to her, Oppa. She’s just jealous”

 

Yoseob placed his hand on hers and smiled while watching the cute interaction between the twins.

 

“Oh stop it, please” Ji Hyun replied, throwing her arms in the air, surrendering to the sweetness the couple was emitting.

“We didn’t even do anything!!” Ji Eun defended.

“Not yet” Yoseob added playfully, earning himself a slap on his upper arm.

“Oppa!” Ji Eun scolded, her face turning a shade redder at his comment.

“Oops, you did it again~” Ji Hyun sang, annoyed at what was happening in front of her eyes.

 

With that, she her heels and returned to her room, slamming the door behind her.

 

“Oops, you better go after her” Yoseob pointed out.

“It’s fine, she’s just a little grumpy because our friends didn’t invite her out to hang out with them. There’s a party at Krystal’s later”

“Are you going then?” He eyed her suspiciously, shutting his book and leaning his body slightly forward.

“Of course not! It’s date night”

“Good girl” He gave her a light pat on her hair with a contented smile.

“Oppa, I was thinking if KiKwang Oppa was free… Maybe she can keep Ji Hyun company for the night”

“Why KiKwang? Can’t we be the company she needs?”

“It’s different! Especially if she goes out, we can have the whole house for ourselves, without a Little Miss Grumpy suddenly popping out of nowhere”

“Why do you want the house for ourselves? Are you harbouring some weird ideas?” Yoseob stared at her, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“Stop teasing, start planning! I’m serious about this!” Ji Eun said sternly.

 

She disappeared into her room, leaving Yoseob in the living room. Before he could open his book and start reading again, she reappeared with a piece of paper and pen. She then settled herself in her seat and place the writing materials on the coffee table in front of the both of them. She took off her black-rimmed specs and pulled her hair up in a messy bun.

 

“Let’s get started. Step One” She scribbled neatly. “Where should we put them? A club? A romantic restaurant? Shopping Street? Han River?”

Yoseob leaned back against the back of the armchair before starting, “Hmm, how about a library? KiKwang needs to revise for his make-up examinations. He missed his actual examinations since he needed to be there for the trainees’ end of year review”

“Ji Hyun never studies, though she needs to. Pluses, it’s holidays now, who would want to visit the library except for me?”

“Ji Eun-ah, I think it’s best for me to ask KiKwang if he likes her and they can naturally develop from there. We have no rights to meddle in their matters”

“She’s my twin, I have all the rights in the world to care about her” Ji Eun declared. “So, Oppa, can you do me a favour?”

“Yes, of course I can. What do you need?” Yoseob looked up from his book after hearing Ji Eun’s determined declaration.

“Call KiKwang Oppa and book him on a date, we’ll work from there” She said firmly.

 

Yoseob pressed his lips together and thought hard.

 

‘Is this really the right way to do things? KiKwang could be too busy for a relationship now. He can’t even manage his studies and training that well, I don’t want both him and Ji Hyun to devote time on something that is not going to work out…’

 

As if she was reading his mind, Ji Eun responded to the doubts in his head, “I know, I know. KiKwang Oppa doesn’t have time for this, but don’t you think both of them deserves a chance?”

She reached out for Yoseob and smoothen out the creases that were forming on his forehead before continuing, “They looked so happy speaking to each other the previous time they met. This COULD work, trust me, Oppa”

 

With her words, Yoseob nodded his head, closed his book and whipped out his mobile phone. He pressed the key ‘5’ and it immediately speed-dialled KiKwang.

 

“What’s up?” KiKwang greeted.

“When are you free for a date?”

“What?!?!?”

 

Yoseob tried to conceal his laughter once he heard that reaction. Once he heard the shock in KiKwang’s tone, he could totally visualise what was happening over on the other end of the line – that pabo choking on the water he had drank just a few seconds ago and staring at the phone, bewildered.

 

“Are you game?”

“Well”

“She’s hot, no joke” Yoseob stated, earning himself another death glare from Ji Eun.

 

He mouthed “you’re much prettier” and raised his hand to point at his mobile, gesturing that he was just saying that to buy KiKwang into this and he didn’t really mean it.

 

“Oh well. How about 2 days from now? Friday.”

“For real?” It was written on Yoseob’s face, that he was not at all expecting this answer.

“Game on, Seobbie” 


 

 I'm finally back with a whooping 1,000 words! I wonder if there's anyone still reading this? Comment away if you are ^^