Same but different.

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Ji Eun’s POV

 

I pushed my black-rimmed glasses up after looking up from my book.

 

“I’m really sorry!” I bowed and apologized to the man I just ran into. 

“It’s alright. You really should pay more attention while walking. This” He pointed to my book. “Can wait”

 

He smiled after ending his sentence. His smile is so beautiful, and I’m saying this as a girl.

 

“It’s going to rain soon, it’s best if you head home now” He gave me a small pat on my head.

“Thanks, oppa” I said while closing my book.

“Well, I’ll get going now!” He waved and walked away after one last smile.

 

I looked at his faltering silhouette and turned to head the opposite direction.

 

‘I should head home before it starts to rain. I’ll visit the library tomorrow instead.’


 

“I’m home!”

“Hey, Ji Eun!”

“Where’s mum and dad?” I asked my sister.

“They went out for a date” She giggled.

“How’s your day?” I asked as I joined her on the couch.

“I saw a really cute boy today. I sort of bumped into him…” She stuck her tongue out.

“Really? I knocked into an oppa on the way to the library too!” I replied, amazed.

“Clumsy, as usual” She pointed a finger at me.

“Hey, that’s not very nice!” I pouted.

“Sometimes I really wonder. Why do we look alike, experience the same thing yet think and act so differently?” She placed a finger on her chin thoughtfully.

“That’s because we’re twins and not the same person, silly!” I flicked her forehead.

“Hey, how could you do this to your older sister, Lee Ji Eun?”

“Reminder, you’re older by only five minutes, Lee Ji Hyun!” I stuck a tongue out at her.

“You’d better hope you have nine lives, dear. Cos you’re gonna need them all!” She pounced onto me without a second warning.

“Hyun! Stop!” I yelled between giggles as she grabbed me and started tickling me.

 

I picked up a cushion and tried to fight back but to no avail. She was so much stronger than me.

 

“Do you admit defeat!?” She asked in a victorious tone as she held the remote in my face, acting as if it was a sword.

“Yes yes” I muttered breathlessly.

“Keke. Twins for the win!” She yelled in my ears and hugged me tightly.

“Sometimes you act like you’re the younger one” I laughed at her childishness while returning the hug.


While I bathed, I thought about what Hyun said earlier. Come to think of it, she's right. We were so same, based on looks; yet so different, when it comes to everything other than that. She was the active and athletic one; I was the quiet and clumsy one. I'm nerdy whilst Hyun can't bear spending more than half an hour studying. I think a lot before doing things while she is reckless. My favourite hobby is reading and daydreaming; Hyun would rather go on a shopping spree. She liked dancing; I liked singing. She's childish while I'm matured, although I was younger. Well, technically. By only five minutes. Hmm. Conclusion is, if she is described as Arctic, I would be Antartica.

 

And because we were so similar in appearance even our parents couldn't differentiate us, I wore a black-rimmed, lensless spectacles while Hyun always keeps her butterfly hairpin on her hair. We bore different hairstyles too. She had a slanted fringe so I had no choice but to go for bangs, which makes me look all the more like a book worm >-< Oh well.

 

The only slight natural appearance difference we had was our hair color. She had black long hair, unlike my dark brown hair. But people could hardly spot it so yeah. We're still undeniably the SAME. I don't exactly hate it. Except for the fact that she makes use of our similarities to cheat. She basically sends me in to all her morning lessons if she felt like sleeping in. It's so unfair; but I still love her all the same keke.


 

I was reading through the comments just now and many of you had pretty high expectations. I just hope i didn't let you guys down! ;) The updates won't be on daily basis since I'm having a [(super duper uber) x 1,000,000] serious block for both stories nowadays. I want to but just don't know how to start writing. Just in case you're wondering why I updated these 2 chapters so quickly, I wrote beforehand and published it only now. So yeah.. Enjoy and wait for my return patiently kay, love ya ^-^ Last but not least, comments are my motivation keke ;>

P.S. My first favourite author on AFF subscribed to this story. Yayyyy! *throws confetti*