Promises.

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Third person’s POV 

“Ji Eun-ah, open the door please? I’m so sorry for my actions; I got too carried away by the moment. I’m so sorry I could cry right now. Please forgive me, please…” Yoseob feigned his about-to-cry nasal voice.

 

Being the soft-hearted person she is, the door opened slowly with a cautious Ji Eun standing behind it. Yoseob quickly reached out for her but she jumped back with her hands stretched out, pushing Yoseob further away from her.

 

“What’s wrong, Ji Eun?” Yoseob asked worriedly.  

 

Crossing her arms in front of the chest, it was obvious that she’s in defensive mode and still wary of what Yoseob might do to her. She narrowed her eyes at Yoseob. Her glare was jokingly stern which made Yoseob burst out laughing.

 

“What are you laughing at?!” Ji Eun demanded.

“You look like you just saw a ghost or something! Am I that hideous? Are you that scared of me?” Yoseob put up his best I’m-a-poor-soul-who-has-been-abandoned-by-the-world act in an attempt to ignite Ji Eun’s sympathy.

“No no no. Oppa, you’ve got it all wrong,” Ji Eun moved towards Yoseob but halted in her stride after a step. “No no no, I can’t go near you right now. Are you calm enough for me to be near you?” She asked while eyeing him suspiciously.

“What do you mean?” Yoseob had no idea what was going on. Not at all.

“I don’t want things that will trigger something bad to happen again,” Ji Eun explained slowly.

“So are you not going to come near me any time soon?” He asked, looking hurt with a I’m-gonna-cry-any-moment-now face.

“Not until you promise not to be naughty! Promise?”

“Promise, I promise. Ten thousand dozens of promises!”

 

With that, Yoseob immediately reached for her and pulled her in for a hug.


 

The couple was watching ‘The Heirs’, the latest teen hit drama that was broadcasting on SBS. Ji Eun had her head rested on Yoseob’s lap whilst he played with her hair fondly, twirling and fail-plaiting her brown locks.

 

“Oppa, don’t you think she’s a weak woman? She cries too much! I don’t even get the plot anymore?” Ji Eun asked, looking up at Yoseob.

“Oppa? Oppa!” Ji Eun pinched his cheeks when she realized he wasn’t paying attention to the drama nor was he paying any attention to what she was saying.

“Huh?”

 

Ji Eun pointed to the TV screen and waited for an answer.

 

“Oh yeah, you’re right. Chanyoung and Bona looks perfect!” Yoseob replied with a toothy grin, thinking that he pulled off the question pretty well.

“How can a person who blanks out as often as you be so shrewd when it comes to solving exam questions?” Ji Eun rolled her eyes at him.

“Hey! You didn’t just do that, Lee Ji Eun!” Yoseob exclaimed, shocked that this brat of his girlfriend had the nerve to roll her eyes at him.

“Oops, I did it again~” she rolled her eyes once again.

“You. You. You!!” he placed his palms on Ji Eun’s cheeks and squish them. “Say sorry right now! Admit defeat!”

“Owwww it hurts oppaaaaaaa” Ji Eun whined.

“Apology!”

“Okay okay, I’m sorryyyyyyyyy”

“Now, that’s my girl!” Yoseob patted her head with a victorious smile.

“Oh stop it, you two love birds ugh!”

“Hyun! You’re back this early?” Ji Eun asked as she slapped Yoseob’s hand off her head.

“No invitations to any clubs tonight so I guess it’s bonding time with my sis-sy! But her boyfriend’s here so nah. I’m just going to be in my room. Don’t you dare try any hanky panky on her, oppa! I’m watching you!” Ji Hyun pointed at her eyes and then at Yoseob.

 

‘Already been there, done that kekeke you’re too late’ Yoseob thought inwardly and barely managed to hide his smile.

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t!” Yoseob put up three fingers, ready to swear his life on what he just said.

“Even if you don’t trust oppa, you should trust me, Hyun-ah” Ji Eun interrupted with her eyes still fixated on the TV screen, trying to hide her nervousness.

“Alright, I trust you. But that doesn’t mean my guard is down and I won’t be looking!” Ji Hyun warned before turning on her feet and leaving for her room.

“You know oppa, maybe we should pull Kikwang and Ji Hyun together. She’s too wild – I think someone with positive vibe like Kikwang oppa could be a good thing for her! Like how Chanyoung changed bratty Bona for the better!” Ji Eun pointed at the screen and then in the direction of Ji Hyun’s room.

“Hmm… But he’s probably too busy training to get a girlfriend. And he’s a loyal one, I’m afraid he’ll get hurt in the end since Ji Hyun always flirts around…”

“Hyun is a carefree person; she doesn’t want to be tied down by having a boyfriend, that’s why she flirts around. But I believe she’ll change when she finds the right one! Okay, we're so putting them together,” Ji Eun decided to work hard for the bright Kikwang that her twin deserved.

“You won’t flirt around like she does, will you?” Yoseob narrowed his eyes at her.

“Why are you changing subjects so randomly?” Ji Eun tried to laugh it off.

 

After she realized that Yoseob wasn’t buying it, she reached upwards, placed her arms around his neck and landed a peck on his cheek before whispering something.

 

“Of course not, we’re same, but different; I promise.”