Split personality.

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Yoseob’s POV

 

“Finally, one more paper and it’s the end…” I mumbled while resting my head on my bed.

“Seob!!!! Help me with this!” Kikwang waved his hands frantically while running over to my side.

“You’re hopeless, I swear.” I started jotting down formulae for him.

 

I had asked him to do up his own notes and compile all the formulae that would be tested in tomorrow’s paper. He’s been at it for the past 2 hours so it was rather obvious that he got lost while trying to make sense out of those books and pick out the main points.

 

“Why don’t you study my notes instead? I’m done anyways” I stopped writing and stated as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

I held the stack of papers out and he grabbed it immediately.

 

“Thanks Seobbie! You just saved my life, AGAIN! I think the smartest thing I’ve done in my whole life is to befriend you! He exclaimed and beamed proudly afterwards.

“Well, if you say so. I’m getting a drink, you want one?”

“Duh.”

“I'll be right back. Study on your own now. Don’t let me catch you falling asleep or doing anything funny when I get back.” I warned with narrowed eyes.

“Yes, teacher…” He gulped and avoided eye contact by burying his head into the notes.

 

Once I reached the kitchen, I poured myself a drink and sat on the kitchen counter. I sipped slowly at the water and stared at blank space. Then her face came into my mind.

 

“Damn! Not her again!” I grabbed my head with both hands with still holding on to the glass.

 

Every now and then when I was taking a break from all those studying, her face would pop out of nowhere and invade my mind.

 

‘Something is really wrong with me. I think I need a doctor or something’ I sighed.

 

I walked back to my room with Kikwang’s drink and I sat down in front of my study table. I stared out of the window to calm myself down. Just then, I realized that it’s raining.

 

‘I always saw her on rainy days…’ I reminded myself and reached to look down at the street.

 

“Why do you keep thinking of a stranger, you useless fool?” I stopped what I was doing and scolded myself softly.

“Seob-ah, what’s wrong?” Kikwang came over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder worriedly after hearing the little lecture I gave myself.

 

I didn’t answer. I simply looked down at the streets. That was when I saw her, lying on the pavement. I couldn’t care more and just dashed for the door with my umbrella.


Ji Eun’s POV

 

“Ji Eun-ah! It’s such a pretty night, don’t you think so?” It was a familiar voice.

 

Then I looked at my caller ID to confirm my doubts before starting my chiding session.

 

“Hyun-ah! Where are you? It’s getting really late now! You'd better be home before I get angry! Well, guess what!? I ALREADY AM!” I screamed into the phone.

“It’s Thursday; ‘Ladies’ Night’!” She yelled back.

 

Then suddenly, I heard the phone drop. And the line was cut off. OMOOOOOO! This is happening for the first time. I can’t believe this! This is definitely not be a good thing. First she’s drunk, second it’s raining, and third I don’t know where she is..! Mummy is so gonna kill me when she finds out about it.


Yoseob’s POV

 

I ran towards her, into the rain, without a second thought and used the umbrella to shelter her. She seem a little different today. A lot prettier, without her nerdy black spectacles and her hair back to a side fringe. And her clothes were more revealing than the previous times I saw her. She was in a black strapless dress. And I would like to add, it’s pretty short.

 

“Are you alright?” I asked her while crouching over to help her up.

“Omo! You’re the oppa I saw that day! Oooooh” She squealed.

“You remembered?” She nodded.

“Hi” She smiled awkwardly.

“Erm, hey” I returned her smile. “Do you need me to send you home or something?”

“No no! It’s okay. I can…” She stood up and staggered away.

“Hey” I stopped her. “I think it’s the other way”

“I know my own way home”

“But I saw you that day and you were heading towards this direction” I confessed and pointed the correct direction.

“Oh right. That way keke..”

“I’ll help you” I went forward and place her arm over my shoulder.

 

She didn’t resist and just kept quiet. After a while, she started blabbering non-stop. The topics she talk about ranged from her favorite k-pop idol to her opinions on the recent episodes of ‘Running Man’ hosted by national MC Yoo Jae Suk. I stared at her in wonder.

 

‘Was she the introvert I saw a week ago in front of the café? Did she hit her head and get a concussion or something? I swear she wasn’t acting this way that day.’ I thought quietly without voicing out my thoughts.

 

“What’s your name by the way?” I asked.

“Don’t interrupt me!” She said angrily. “Ji Hyun. Lee Ji Hyun~ My name is Lee Ji Hyun!”

 

With each pause, her voice got louder and it took me a while to calm her down. She’s amusing me with her split personality. But I think I preferred it when she’s sober, and quieter. All of a sudden, while I was still trapped in my thoughts, she ran off. I was dumbfounded at first and tried chasing her after I came back to my senses but she was too fast. To think she was in a pair of heels.

 

“It’s okay. I know her name now. Lee Ji Hyun” I chuckled at the name as I walked home.


Ji Eun’s POV

 

“Yah! Do you know what time is it now!?” I grabbed her arms once she entered the house door.

“Ne, unnie~ I’m sorry~ Keke” She gave out a soft mumble and lay on the floor, smiling to herself like an idiot.

“I hate it when you’re acting so silly” I dragged her into the bathroom.

“Why did you drink so much more than usual!? You should be ashamed that your dongsaeng has to clean after you! Aish!” I scolded her whilst cleaning her up.

 

I sure hope this unnie of mine didn’t create any trouble for anyone while she was still outside. My my.


 

This is the special poster that  iamnellie02 made! :DDD Also, I would like to wish everyone a merry merry christmas! This chapter is a christmas gift from me to you! Hope you liked it ^^v