Baffled Hearts

Somebody's Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jein was never so concerned for anyone. She might be very caring but never overly protective. She would always say, "we are responsible for our own self", ever since Sumi's family left. She was normally seen as a cold person and always cautious about showing her true self to people she doesn't know. When she gets hurt physically, mentally, or emotionally, she would always deal with it quietly on her own. Yet, whenever he's around Jaehyun, her feelings betray her. She cried in front of him and, now, this.

The bruises and cuts that Jaehyun sustained from the accident would have been dealt with alright using a first aid kit. But, unconsciously, she brought him to the hospital fearing he might be greatly damaged. She had him treated and x-rayed, just in case he was injured. Jaehyun never uttered a single word. He simply watched her worry and take care of him. He liked how much concerned she is for him.

The reseults came out fine. That was the only time she was able to breathe normally again. She stopped pacing around while nipping on her fingernails. And involuntarily, as if, instinctively, she smiled from ear-to-eat and gave Jaehyun the warmest embrace he ever received in his entire life. Jaehyun felt like he just survived a life-and-death situation with this much sympathy from Jein. But he doesn't mind, in fact, he was grateful he got hurt because he got to see how much Jein cared for him.

"Can we stay like this forever?" Jaehyun whispered in Jein's ear while they were sweetly wrapped in each other's arms.

Jein jumped out of the embrace but Jaehyun quickly pulled her back.

"Just for a few minutes more before we leave."

Jein resisted but eventually gave in.

"Just because you saved me but don't ever do that again."

She whispered as she calmed down in his arms.

---------------------------------------------------------

Inguk volunteered to take Seyoung home because, he said, they were partly responsible for his boyfriend getting hurt.

Seyoung was too occupied by her thoughts that she didn't even refuse the idea. She didn't like the idea of getting in a car with a man other than her boyfriend but, this time, it seems like she doesn't have the energy to even function for the rest of the day.

"Are you alright?" Inguk asked the quiet lady but all the response he got was silence.

"I'm sure he's alright. Jein just wanted to make sure he didn't sustain any injuries. Her company would be held liable if anything were to happen to him because it happened on the set." Inguk was talking and explaining too much. It happens when he's anxious, nervous, or scared.

Even with all the talking he did, the atmosphere remained as quiet as a tomb. Inguk knows why. Even he isn't feeling very good about what happened, especially when you got pushed away by your lover.

Inguk didn't pry any more and remained silent throughout the drive until they reached Seyoung's residence.

She gave her thanks and went straight in. Inguk stayed in his car for a while as he did some thinking.

"What do you want me to do now, Jein? Please don't blame me if start acting rashly. I am scared right now, very scared. Don't leave me."

He said those words as he stared at their picture on his mobile phone. He was very distressed, more so because he knows he doesn't stand a chance against Jaehyun.

---------------------------------------------------------

Jihyo and Dongwook were on their way home, too, or rather, Dongwook is driving Jihyo home. They could care less about what happened today but this might be a bigger problem than how they perceive it to be.

"Yah, Jihyo, if that happened to me, will you rush me to the hospital like that, too?" Dongwook asked referring to Jaehyun and Jein.

"Just focus on the road." Jihyo replied ignoring Dongwook's question. Dongwook made a serious face.

"I'm just asking, because if that were to happen to you, I think I would act the same way Jein did." He uttered without changing his expression. Jihyo was a little surprised but just took it as a joke.

"That just proves how nosy you are." Jihyo replied with a snort but Dongwook didn't flinch. The atmosphere grew heavy.

"I'm only nosy if its about you." Dongwook said with a straight face. Jihyo blushed and was flustered.

"Even more annoying." She responded as she turned away from him and fixed her gaze on the scenery outside to clear her head.

"Should I stop being nosy, then?" Dongwook asked in a sullen tone of voice. Jihyo heard but pretended to be asleep.

Dongwook smirked and stretched one arm towards Jihyo. He brushed her hair with a relieved smile on his face.

"You know that to me, there's only you."

Jihyo almost shed tears while she rested her head by the window but tried not to. The heavy atmosphere suddenly turned warm and cozy as they both smile to themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was quite a tiring day and everybody was already in their peaceful homes, ready to retire to bed. But the thoughts in their minds and the beating of their hearts kept them all awake as they pondered about their emotional dilemmas.

Dongwook...

...just arrived at his residence after loitering in front of Jihyo's house. He only left the area when all the lights were turned off. He threw himself on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. Then, he shut his eyes slowly as he reminisced how he had first met Jihyo.

He could still remember how he got enchanted by her. It was not all about her looks because when he first met her, she didn't have any make-up on and wasn't really dressed to impress. But despite seeing Jihyo's ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter