9: Fly To Reality

That 24 Hours

*Yoongi POV

I am laying on the bed and I can't open up my eyes. It's too heavy. Where am I? “Oh, his eyelids moving!” I heard a girl’s voice. Is that Eujin? Eujin still alive! I knew it! Everything was just a terrible nightmare. I want to wake up. I really want to wake up. I heard some running sounds and the door squeaking, then slammed. She's stepping out from the room. Eujin, wait! Finally, I awake after alot of struggles. I still confused why I am here. In a hospital's ward. But who cares. I need to search for Eujin. She needs me. I found a wire attached at my arms. I just pull it of. It's hurt but who cares. Eujin must more hurted if she know I am not by her side. I getting out from the bed and running out from the room. My step still unstable but I try hardly to be fast. Suddenly, I bumped with Seokjin. “Yoongi, you're awake! Where are you going? You're still unstable!” Seokjin hold my shoulders. His face was really delighted. “Hyung! Where's Eujin? I need to meet her. Is she okay? I dreamt something bad about her.” His face changed and suddenly hugged me. Tightly. I am clueless. “Yah! Hyung! What's wrong with you? I want to meet Eujin. Answer me!” Seokjin hugged harder as I tried to let go his hug. “I know you can't accept the fate. We also sad a lot. Please Yoongi. Be strong.” Seokjin patted my back. Still hugging me. Suddenly, all my memories entering my mind needed to be processed. I remember everything. 

*end of Yoongi POV

~~~
*flashback- Eujin death day

Seeing Yoongi crying while punched the floor, hurting himself make the boys hurt a lot. “Hyung! Stop that! Your knuckles already bleeding!” Jungkook who standing in front of him hugged him passionately. Yoongi still crying hardly. Namjoon walked towards them and helped Jungkook to stand him up, then lead him to sit on the chair. “Eujin, mianhae. Mianhae. Mianhae.” The sorry words non stop hummed by Yoongi. He kept blaming himself. After some moments, Yoongi acted better but still didn't talked even a word. He looks like a sitting dead people. No one dare to talk to him. Giving him space to calm himself down. 

“Yoongi, let's go home. The funeral will be on tomorrow.” Seokjin softly talk to him. Yoongi didn't gave any response. “Are you in sense?” Seokjin snapping his fingers. Yoongi finally back to reality. “A….arasseo….” 

~~~

Yoongi keep staring the teddy bear in his hand while laying on his bed. The voicemail from Eujin keep  echoed in his mind especially the phrase “I love you too, Min Yoongi.” Yoongi can't find any calmness. “If I can turn back time, will I still see your pretty smile?” He suddenly throw away the teddy bear above his wardrobe and shouted angrily. “Argh!” Then, he jumped out from his bed and stepping out from his room as well his house. He walked without direction and keep walking. The wind that night totally chilling as sign the rain will come. Within minutes, it's already raining heavily. Yoongi still walking and he soaked in the rain. He can't feel any coldness. The only thing he felt now is just guilty. Yoongi started shivering. He can heard some people who walked pass by him asked him some question.

“Young man, are you okay?”
“Did you need a hand, boy?”
“I have an extra umbrella, you can take it.”
“Hey, you drenched a lot!”

Yoongi just ignoring them. And keep walking in the rain. Hungry, cold and lonely. It's almost 3 hours he walking non stop. Suddenly, his sight became blur and he cannot feel his own legs anymore. He fall on his chest on the road and shivering a lot. “Eujin, I want to follow you.” He hummed before he’s totally unconscious. 

*end of flashback 

~~~
“It's been three days you didn't awake. Your parents were totally worried.” Seokjin lead him back to his ward. “My parents?” Yoongi just insecure. “Yes. They've visited you just now.” Seokjin told him. Yoongi back to his bed. Just sitting. “I heard the nurse hurriedly came out from your ward after checking your condition. That's make me here.” Seokjin covered Yoongi's legs with the blanket. “So, it's just nurse voice. I am delusional.” Yoongi hummed. Suddenly, the door knocked. It was the doctor. “The doctor’s here. I want to call the others and tell about you. I’ll be back.” Seokjin patted his shoulder and left him to the doctor.

~~~
Yoongi got a call from his parents. He didn't talked much. 

“Yoongi, omma and appa worried about you.”
“It's okay. I am fine.”
“Glad to hear that. We are sorry to not be with you now.”
“I understand.”
“We’ll be back tomorrow. Take care of yourself. Listen to the doctor and eat well.”
“Arasseo.”
“Call us if you need anything, okay?”
“Hmmm.”
“We love you, Yoongi.”
“Me too.”

Yoongi didn't do much after that. He didn't know how to live his life. He even guilty to breathe. Suddenly, someone knocked the door and stepping in the room. A middle age woman greeted him. “Hello.” Yoongi just nodded. Then, she take the sit beside the bed. “So, you're Min Yoongi.” The woman still smile. He knew that smile. It was Eujin smile. “I am Eujin's mother.” The woman introduced herself. No wonder, she had the same smile as Eujin's. “Are you doing fine?” She asked. “Kind of.” Yoongi gave a faint smile. “Mrs. Cho, I am sorry.” Yoongi didn't mean to be rude, he just not that strong too look into her eyes. He just too guilty. “What's wrong, Yoongi?” Mrs. Cho’s eyebrows knitted. “I am sorry to let Eujin end up her life with too much despair, sadness and disappointment. I know I was wrong. I always wrong. I didn't even understand her. I even can't fulfill her last wishes. And now, I swear, my life is full of guilt. I didn't deserve to life, to be loved and even breathe. You can hate me as much as you can. I deserve that.” Tears suddenly dropped from his eyes. “Hey, you shouldn't have to say sorry.” Mrs. Cho cupped his face and wipe his tears with her thumb. “I should thank to you, though.” Yoongi lift up his teary shocked face. Mrs. Cho smile. “Here. A letter from Eujin. She asked me to give this to you after she's gone. Read it well.” Mrs. Cho gave an envelope  to Yoongi. “Take care.” She patted Yoongi's shoulder and leave. Yoongi opened the letter slowly. Read it passionately.

Min Yoongi,
I hope you didn't have to read this letter either as I still want to be by your side.
 
Thank you for everything. I know, you hate me thanked to you but can you just accept it as you're meaningful to my life. You deserve more than a thank you.

After I know about my tumour, I lose all my courage. I stay strong until the end because of you. You always there protecting me and cared about me. No one can do that except you, Yoongi. Even you said you tricked me all these days, I still can't believe it. I meet the boys. And they tell me everything. I broke your heart into pieces right? I know how stupid am I that time. How can I didn't  realize the meaning in your passionate kiss that night? I am selfish right? After I heard the boys telling me about you, I just noticed that you're the boys who listened to my words, years ago, at the orphanage. Follow your heart, huh? You do what a seven years old girl from nowhere told you. I am so touched. And I realize how much you adore me all this time. But I didn't even know about that. How foolish am I? I am sorry. After you left me, I started to realize that I can't live without you. I miss everything about you. Your smile, your gaze and your action. And I know, it's love. I love you, Min Yoongi. 
Did you heard the voicemail? I know, I being selfish again. I should not burdening you after all I hurt you. I heard you going to the tuition class, didn't sleep in class anymore, being a nice son to your parents and you change a lot. You don't know how happy I am to hear that. Even you didn't follow heart, it doesn't matter. I will support all of your doings and I hope I can do that for entire of my life. 
I hope you didn't blaming yourself after I died. I will hurt a lot if you did that. Go on for your life. Find your happiness in the right way. Don't lose hope. I will be the happiest dead girl if I know you will succeed one day. I promise. I am so excited as my hand working well while write this letter. What a bless. I just want to tell you one more thing. I will end my life with a smile which made by you. Thanks for all the memories, Min Yoongi! 

The one who keep thinking about you, Cho Eujin.

Tears keep running on his cheeks. He hugged the letter tightly. “Eujin-ah, thank you so much!” 

------------------
note

I found my eyes teary while doing this chapter..maybe it was because of the shocking news about Taehyung and Yoongi health. I hurt a lot after knowing this. They are too precious. 
ARMY will always supporting you guys! Rest well! 
#GetWellSoonTaeGi
p/s: the next chapter will be the last! Stay tuned~