3: The Flying Crow

That 24 Hours

*teacher’s office-documents room
*Yoongi POV

Fuh! I'm stuck here. In the documents room. A lot of dust and sorrow. I ordered to tidy them up and arranged it by date. Bundles of them to go. Gosh! It's tiring. I managed to make the work become enjoyable. I switched on the song from my phone and jamming. I volume them up. Hoping that the teachers from outside didn't heard it at all. Well, it's quite working. I had finished arranged half of it within just 10 minutes. My stomach was real growling. I managed to asked Mrs. Jung for some rest. If she allowed to. I am sure she will. I have to add some acting. I stepped out from the room. Wow! Fresh air! I searched for the lioness. She's talking to a girl. Who cares. My stomach can't be wait. I walked towards them. “I am disappointed of you, Eujin. Your mark is the lowest! Do you had any problems?” I heard Mrs. Jung voice. Oh, she talked to Eujin about her mark. Wait! She's the lowest? It cannot be! “You just answered it half! Do you think it's a joke?” I can see Eujin face. She hold her tears. I recalling yesterday moments. She answered it just because…..she can't do it! Her tumor symptoms attacked her that day. Her hand not functioning. I can't let Mrs. Jung make her hurt. “Mrs. Jung actually I exchange my test paper with her. It's my fault.” Two of them glaring at me. “Min Yoongi! What are you doing here? Go continue your…” I cut Mrs. Jung’s words. “I really admit it! I threatening her to do so. I am sorry.” I make serious face. I hope she believed it. “Eujin, it Yoongi sayings is true?” Mrs. Jung asked speechless Eujin. Eujin’s face real pale. She's looking at me. I nodded as ‘just-say-it-was-true’ sign. “It’s….it’s….not…” I cut her words too. “Don't lie Eujin. It's okay. I deserve it. And sorry because threatening you.” I am acting. Why she's really hard to say yes?! Urgh. Naïve girl! “If that so.” Mrs. Jung sighed and massage her temples. “Eujin, you may go now. I want to talk to Min Yoongi.” She ordered. Eujin still stubborn. “B…but..” “Just go Eujin.” I talked to her. Well, she's listen to me! Wow! I take her sit. “What is that, Yoongi? Impressing a girl?” Mrs. Jung didn't shouting at me. She's smirk instead. I'm dumbfounded. “I know your handwriting. I'm your homeroom teacher for three years!” She take out the test papers. “Look! The really ugly handwriting which is yours got 96 and her pretty handwriting paper got 45. So, do you think I'm that dumb?” I'm speechless. Mrs. Jung was really a daebak homeroom teacher. “But…I sleep in class. Everytime. Skipping class everyday. Arrived school late. Howcome I can get that beautiful mark? Right?” I use logic. I hope she accept my words. “Yoongi, you're genius but effortless! I know you. I am a teacher. I can read everything from your face. It's all written there.” Wow! She really amazed me and also scared me. “Jinjja? If that so. I want to be a teacher too.” It's sound funny but I’m serious. “Really? Okay then. But I’ll longer your community work duty for a month!” She gave me evil smile. “But why? I…got best mark? Right?” It can't be. She's torturing me! “Because you dare think I am that dumb towards my student! Now, continue your work!” She yelled at me like real lioness. Weakly, I stand up and heading back to that sorrow room. “It's really a bad day.” I hummed.

*end of Yoongi POV

~~~
It's biology class. It's just started. Yoongi started yawning. He just tired arranging a lot of documents. He already bored, so he looked around. He found Eujin was staring at him. The dumb Yoongi just smiled and waving at her then, he managed to sleep, building castles. Eujin still staring at him. “Why are you doing all this Min Yoongi?” That question keep taking place in her mind.

~~~
The school ended. It was a big hooray to Min Yoongi. He’s the first person who stepping out from the class as well the school's gate. Suddenly someone calling his name. “Min Yoongi-ssi!” It was Eujin. Yoongi stopped at turn back. Eujin running towards him. She's panting. “Yah, girl! Didn't you have chill?” Yoongi smirk. “Why are you calling me?” Yoongi asked her out. “Just now…why are you lying to Mrs. Jung? What the purpose?” Eujin seemed serious. Yoongi ruffled his hair. “I don't know well. I just follow my heart. But well….” He opened his bag, take out Eujin’s medical report from yesterday. “Here. It's yours right. I'm sorry. There's ruffles a lot. Well, I’m not good at keeping thing.” Yoongi smiled. Eujin was speechless. She seemed shocked. “How did you…..” She's shivering. “Don't ask if I read it or not. You left it in such public place. It's relieved that I am the one who found it.” Yoongi hissed. Eujin still speechless and froze. “If you just want to stand there and staring at the report, it's useless. Do something which will worth your short life.” Yoongi sarcasm her but that was wise words though and the truth. Yoongi sighed as he didn't received any response. “Okay then. Annyeong!” Yoongi walked away. Suddenly. “Yoongi-ssi!” Yoongi stopped as he heard Eujin's. “Jinjja gomawo! And sorry!” Yoongi smiled secretly. He’s just so happy.

~~~
“I want soju so hard!” Taehyung burst out his feeling. Today, Yoongi and her friends hanging out again. They're having dinner at a restaurant. “Yah! What's wrong with you?” Yoongi asked him. “Taehyung having a really bad day in school.” Jimin, who went to same school and sit in the same class as him answered Yoongi. “What? Jinjja? I heard Taehyung is model-student, school council and has lot of fangirls. So, what so bad day?” Namjoon asked sarcastically. Jimin managed to answer that. “He likes a girl and that girl is going out with another boy. So, he can't control his anger as that boy just want to play with thar girl feeling. And it ended up with a big argument and he’s fired from being a school council as well model-student. Amazing right?” Jimin looked so happy though. “Yah! Jimin! I really want punch you right now!” Taehyung gave Jimin a death stare. “I just telling the truth!” Jimin stay innocent. “That's really sad story though.” Hoseok acted caring. “You being like this because of a girl? Unbelievable.”  Namjoon patted Taehyung's back. “Taehyung, did your parents want to kill you if they know you're drunk?” Seokjin sarcasming him. “It's just useless telling you guys about this.” Taehyung hissed. Suddenly Taehyung raised his hand calling the waiter. “I want soju, please.” The waiter bowed. “Give me a minute.” Then the waiter comeback with a bottle of soju and glasses. “This boy is no joke. Jungkook, don't ever you grow up like him.” Seokjin advising Jungkook. Jungkook just nodded yet he wanted to try the soju just a shot.

~~~
Mrs. Cho cleaning her daughter room while her daughter in the bathroom. “Eujin-ah, when did the last time you tidy up your room.” She's humming while vacuuming the room. Suddenly the vacuum stuck. “Aigoo, what is this.” Mrs. Cho take the envelope which stuck in the vacuum nozzle. She check the envelope out. She read the report. She gasped. Suddenly, “Eomma, I told you, I can clean my room by myself.” It was Eujin stepping out from the bathroom. Mrs. Cho froze there. She lift her head and look at her daughter. “Eomma, is that my medical report? Eomma!” Eujin walked towards her mother. She snatched the document from her mother’s hand. “Eujin, when did you know about this?” Mrs. Cho asked her. She's shivering. “Eomma, don't worried that much. It can heal later on.” Eujin excused. “Answer me, Eujin!” Mrs. Cho risen her voice. Eujin shook down her head. “Yesterday. But eomma…we can do surgery right?” Eujin don't want to make her mother despair. “Stop it, Eujin. You can't be heal. Never! You only have 20% chance to live or you’ll be an autism!” Mrs. Cho cried. Eujin shocked. “Eomma, how did you know about it?” Eujin asked Mrs. Cho. She froze. “Eomma, by any chance, did you already know about it before? Tell me, eomma!! Tell me!” Eujin can't hold back her tears. “Dae, I already knew it. It's been a month.” Mrs. Cho tell her the truth.  “Eomma, how could you do this to me? Why you hiding it from me? I'm suffering! Suffering while thinking what's wrong with me? Why my head keep spinning for no reason?! Why I cant sense my hand, my leg, my mouth?! I'm suffering, eomma!” Eujin burst out everything deep inside her heart. “Mianhae, Eujin. I am sorry. It's all my fault. I'm just scared  to losing you. I scared. Forgive me, Eujin!” Mrs. Cho kneeling in front of her. Eujin just disappointed. Really disappointed and hurt. “I’m sorry eomma. I need time.” Eujin put on her sweater, take her wallet with her and stepping out from the room and also her house. “Eujin! Where are you going?! Eujin!”

~~~
“So, who want to help this poor boy back home?” Namjoon asked the others while pointing at drunk Taehyung. Everyone staring at Yoongi. Yoongi hissed. “I am so done with him yesterday. You guys should try handling drunk Taehyung too. Annyeong!” Yoongi rolls his eyes and hurriedly stepping out from the restaurant. “ you, Yoongi!” Yoongi heard his friends cursing him but he didn't give a sh*t. Drunk Taehyung was forever a big problem. Yoongi smiled. He loves all of them very much. All the memories they built together will never be forgotten. Even much of them was just dark memories. He cannot imagine what his life will be if not meeting them. Yoongi walked by the shop-lots and some stall. Suddenly, he heard a very well-known voice from a soju stall. “I want to live longer. I don't want to die!” It's Cho Eujin. Yoongi's jaw dropped. “It's all student-model in this country having a bad day today?” Yoongi hummed. He can't stop himself worrying her. He stepped in the stall. He managed to asked the shop owner. “Excuse me, ahjumma. Did that girl drink a lot?” Yoongi pointing at Eujin. “Yes. It's like she drink for first time. And she didn't stop talking about death. She scares me.” The owner seemed annoyed much. “Thank you, ahjumma.” Yoongi bowed and walking towards drunk Eujin. She's in skinny jeans, black sweater and the hoodie hide her messy hair. “Yah! Eujin-ssi. Waked up! Are you in sense?” Yoongi patted her cheeks. “Who are you? Let me just die here!” Eujin shouted. Everyone was looking at them. Yoongi embarrassed already. He put Eujin on his back and piggyback her to a bus station. He called his driver and take Eujin with her. “Yah, Eujin! Where's your house?” Yoongi asked her hoping some logic answer. “Just take me everywhere but not home! Pleaseee!!!” Eujin cried. Yoongi sighed. “I’ll bring you to my house, okay?” No response from Eujin. She's hummed unnecessary thing. “I take it as yes.” 

~~~
“Who is she?” Mrs. Gong shocked. “Don't think negatively. She is my classmate. I found her at the stall. Drunk and helpless.” Yoongi open the refrigerator searching for cold drinks. “Bring her to the guest room.” Yoongi seemed very tired. Mrs. Gong nodded. “Okay. I’ll believe in you, Yoongi.” Mrs. Gong gave Yoongi a naughty smile then brought Eujin to the guest room. “Ahjumma! I'm serious.” Yoongi yelled. Mrs. Gong just giggled. “I know.” After finished up his drinks. He heading to his room. Throw himself on his luxury bed. His phone ringing. It's from Jimin. “Yoongi-hyung! Did Tae always vomit like this badly?” Yoongi chuckled. “Did he will stay in your house?” “Yes. It's true.” Jimin sounded not happy. “Just lock him in the bathroom. He can manage himself there.” Yoongi still chuckled. “Yah! Are you serious?” Jimin shocked by the answer. “Of course not! He’s our friend. By the way, good luck. Have a great night!” Yoongi hanging up the phone. He still can hear Jimin shouting his name. “Sorry Jimin. I'm tired.” Yoongi hummed. He threw the phone on the bed. Grab his towel to wash up and get ready to sleep.