2: The Broken Swan

That 24 Hours

“Yeobo, what should I do?” Mrs. Cho was totally worried. “Just tell her anything. Eujin should know!” Mr. Cho comforting his wife. “But, I scared if she doesn't accept it. She's still young.” Mrs. Cho sighed. “At least, she will ready if anything bad happen.” Mr. Cho hugged his wife. “I want the best for Eujin.” Mrs. Cho cried. “Me too.” Mr. Cho pat his wife’s back. 
~~~

Eujin know she should tell her mother about her decision. But she knows her mother will escaping when it comes to the story of her weird disease. She's going to the hospital. Alone. She wanted to do medical checkup. She's so relieved that the nurse didn't asked for guardian thing. Eujin agree to do MRI scan. She's a bit excited, that was her first time. After that, the nurse asked her to wait for the result. She waited at the hallway. Sitting on the bench. She keep asking herself. ‘Did I really ready for any results?’ She sighed. Suddenly. “Cho Eujin.” The nurse call out her name. “The doctor wanna explain something.” 
~~~

Eujin's jaw dropped. She's can't accept the fate. She had tumour. She has only week to live her life or maybe just days. “Can any surgery or operation possible heal it?” Eujin’s eyebrows jointed. She's already pale. “It takes high risk. Your tumour is near to the main nerve and capillaries. And we didn't have any experience on doing that.” The doctor was guilty. “If we still doing it, your chance to live is 20%. Even it's work, you may lost all your memories forever or be an autism.” Eujin cried. Her tears kept falling. “I hope you're strong.” The doctor tapped her shoulder. “Kamsahamnida, doctor.” She stands and left the room.
~~~

Eujin sitting on the bench in the park. Alone. Crying. She can't accept the fate. She's always hoping that it's just a dream and she just has to wake up from this nightmare. Suddenly, her phone ringing. It's her mother. She hurriedly wiped her tears and swap the screen. “Eomma.” “Eodini, Eujin?” Her mother’s sound worried. “I’m going to my friend’s house. I’ll be home late.” Eujin lied. “Are you sure you don't want me to fetch you?” “I’ll be back by bus. Don't worry.” Eujin hold back her tears. “Okay Eujin, see you soon. Don't be too late.” “Hmm.” Eujin sighed. She take a deep breathe. “Eujin, you must be strong for your parents. Yeah! You must be strong!” She’s forcing herself to smile. She stand up and heading to the bus stop. Without noticing, she left her medical checkup result on the bench.

~~~
Yoongi don't want to back home. His heart hurted enough by his parents. He manages to meet his friends at the park. Suddenly his phone’s ringing. “Yah! Namjoon-ah! Where are you guys!? I arrived already!” “Yah! Chill, Yoongi! Our class just ended. Wait us there!” Yoongi smiled. “Arasseo!” He hang up the phone. Yoongi looked around searching for benches to sit. He found one and running to it. “What is this?” Yoongi found an A4 envelope. He looked around. No ones there. He manages to open it.

“Medical Checkup Result Report”
: Ms. Cho Eujin

“She's totally careless.” Yoongi hummed. He continue reading.

Blood Pressure: Normal
BMI: Normal
MRI scan:
Positive Brain Tumor Stages 4

“Wait! What? Seriously?” Yoongi exclaimed. He’s totally shocked. Suddenly, “What so serious?” Namjoon, Yoongi's friend tapped his shoulder. “Ah! Aniyo. It's nothing.” Yoongi shocked and hid that report behind him. “What is that?” The tall Seokjin just snatched it away from Yoongi's back. “Yah! Give me back!” Yoongi begged. Seokjin gasped. “Who's this Eujin? You know her?” Namjoon then snatched it from Seokjin hands. Suddenly, their another four friends from nowhere come and reading the report together. Yoongi just sighing. “I found it on this bench. She is my classmate.” Yoongi share the information. “Cho Eujin? Quite familiar.” Taehyung commented. “You mean, Cho family? They frequently donate to our orphanage back then. Even now.” Hoseok recalling his memories. “Eujin is their only daughter right? I think I remember that too!” Jimin as always excitedly. Then, there's irritated Jungkook. “Yah! Hyung! Whoever that poor girl, can you keep that bad news first? It's been a long time we’re not hanging together. So, let's enjoy first? Should we?” Jungkook grinned. Yoongi snatched the report from Namjoon’s hand and kept it in his bag. “Jungkook is right. Let's go for a movie? I’ll treat!” “Jinjja? Neomu chewgo, Yoongi-hyung!” Taehyung is really happy. “Okay. Kaja.” As the oldest Seokjin lead them. 

~~~
After having a movie they spend time at the nearby café. “So, how's your parents?” Seokjin asked Yoongi as well broke the silence. “You're asking me?” Yoongi was busy sipping her bubble tea. “And then whoelse?” Seokjin hissing. Suddenly, Yoongi’s face change to ugly one. “Well, I am not their biological son. Then, I deserve what I should.” Yoongi sighed. “But hyung, I thought you are lucky to adopted by rich family. You're their only heir.” Jimin innocently being mood spoiler. Everyone gave him a death stare. “Yah! Do you think I want their money that much? If that so, I will just kill them and run with their money! Crazy bastard!” Yoongi can hold his anger. He risen his voice. He’s cursing already. “Mianhae hyung.” Jimin scared to lift his head, having eye contact with angry Yoongi. The others also shocked seeing Yoongi reaction. “You must really hurt. Nevermind, you still have us. Right?” There is Namjoon cool Yoongi down. Yoongi's lips curled a smile. “Ouh, it's already late. Let's go. People will waiting for us.” Seokjin already stand up.

~~~
Eujin reached home already. It's already 8.00 p.m. “I’m home.” Emotionless. “Oh, Eujin-ah! Ppalli wash-up and have dinner with us.” Her mother was busy preparing their dinner. “I’ve eat at my friend house. I'm still full.” Eujin excused. “Oh really? Arasseo. I’ll just dinner with your father then.” Mrs. Cho a bit disappointed. Eujin walked away heading to her room. She threw her body on his bed. She’s staring at the ceiling until she slept without even wash-up.

~~~
“Yah! Let's start!” Hoseok switched on the speaker. A hiphop music playing. They started dancing at the street. People who walked by will amazed by their energetic dance. Some people will give tips too. They also have fans. They do that already for years since their middle school years. Even now they are not staying at the same house, every Wednesday night they will gather and dance there. Releasing their stress and laugh out their hard times at school or home together. They stop as midnight coming. “I don't want to back home.” Yoongi suddenly stressed out his feelings. The others just exchanged their glance. The oldest comforting him. “Yoongi-yah. You have to…” Yoongi suddenly cut Seokjin’s words. “I miss our old days.” “Me too.” Namjoon agreed. “You guys are kidding right?” Taehyung's insecure. “Nope. We're not Taehyung.” Namjoon and Yoongi gave him a serious glance. “I miss it too.” Suddenly Seokjin agreed with them too. Taehyung gasps. “Hoseok hyung, Jimin, Jungkook?” Taehyung asked the others. “Well we miss it too. It's been a long time. Right, Jimin?” Hoseok staring at confused Jimin. “Ah. Well. A bit?” Jimin being honest. Taehyung didn't gave up. “Jungkook. How about you?” “Let's do it?” Jungkook as the youngest agreed too. Everyone cheered except Taehyung. “Yah! If my parents know it. I’ll die!” “Chill Tae, just tell them you at my place. No one in my house.” Yoongi offering him. Everyone staring at Taehyung waiting for answer. Taehyung take a deep breathe. “Okay. I'm in!” “That's our TaeTae!” Seokjin patted his back. “Let's go now. The night is waiting for us.” Namjoon already stand up kinda excited. “Kaja!” All of them cheering up.

~~~
The abandoned basketball court and abandoned shop-lots behind their orphanage were their destination. The music played aloud but their laughter can still be heard. They're spraying all over the place from the spray-tin with lot of colours. Expressing their art side. There's some firecrackers too. They built a campfire and they sitting on the several old couches and sofas around it. Playing some crazy games while eating snacks. But well, they drink too much beer. And they started to drunk. They used being drunk though even they're still under-age. That place was really messy with empty spray-tin, plastic and tin can. But the boys will never care. All of them staring at the twinkling stars with the light of the moon. It was a really beautiful night.

~~~
Min Yoongi already late to school. He stayed up all night long though. The school had started for an hour ago. He staring at his watch. “I am not too late right?” He knocked the class door and stepped in the class. Everyone was looking at him. “Oh, Min Yoongi.” Mr. Han, the calculus teacher greeted him. “Jesonghamnida. I'm late.” Yoongi bowed. “It's okay. We’ve just started. Take your sit.” Yoongi knew, Mr. Han will never scolding students. He was a kind hearted old man. Yoongi heading to his sit. Mr. Han continue teaching. As soon as Yoongi got into his place he just sleep right away without cared about anything. 

~~~
Yoongi awake as he heard recess time bell ringing. He’s hungry though. “Oh, Mr. Min! You’re wake! Good morning!” Mrs. Jung greeted him sarcastically. Yoongi scratched his eyes. “Mrs. Jung?” “Yes, I am!” Mrs. Jung hold back her anger. “Oh! Annyeong, Mrs. Jung!” Yoongi innocently gave his teacher a wave and hurriedly want to escape. “Where you going Yoongi?” Yoongi froze as Mrs. Jung risen her voice. “You slept at my whole class! Don't you dare to escape! You have to do some community work along the recess time for a week! Understand?” Mrs. Jung being a lion already. “A…Arasseo!” Yoongi's  stomach growling but who can refused from the lion Mrs. Jung order.

~~~
*Eujin POV

I am enjoying my meal. I am glad as my hand functioning well. I'm so happy. “Eujin-ssi, Mrs. Jung wanna to see you.” I lift my head. It's Hyena my classmates. “Oh, arasseo!” Then she left. Mrs. Jung wanna meet me? For what? I sipping my drinks and heading to the teacher's office. I went to her place. “Mrs. Jung.” I bowed. “Oh, Eujin. Please sit.” Mrs. Jung seemed serious. “What do you think you're doing on yesterday's test?” I’m totally shocked. I want to tell her the truth but my mouth locked. My legs were shivering. “I  am disappointed of you, Eujin. Your mark is the lowest! Do you had any problems?” Mrs. Jung asked me. I shook my head down. Didn't dare to looked into her disappointed face. Well, I am close to her since my first year here. “You just answered it half! Do you think it's a joke?” She asked another question. My mouth didn't work. What should I do? I hold my tears. The only thing I can do now. Suddenly, I noticed someone walking towards us. “Mrs. Jung actually I exchange my test paper with her. It's my fault.”  Min Yoongi?